jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    if you need help understanding, just ask... but please dont embarrass yourself any further
    enlighten me on Smart then, good sir.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

once again goat milk describes everything that andy katz said 4 days ago ...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Something tells me this thread is going to get bumped.

A lot.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by Jhart2838 View Post
    You mad bro?
    About what?

Just telling it how it is.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't completely disagree with that, but the concerns re: Napier are valid from what I've seen. Teams should be tripping all over themselves to draft an "NBA ready" point guard at this point and they aren't. I think his ceiling is relatively low at the highest level, and I'm a big fan of Napier. He's a gritty, tough, good college PG -- the kind of player who tends to disappear after his collegiate playing days are over.
    what guys have u ever saw play at this level in this tournament and flame out in the NBA? Im talking about these last two games against the best talent CBB has to offer. And don't give me guys who played the first two games well and didn't show up when the games got tougher.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Napier will have a better career than Kemba Walker for those wondering.

You know I rag college players.

I know talent and the game

When Durant first came out of college I said Durant would be one of the best players in NBA history

I have friends that are skeptical like No Coin and laughed at me.

Who is laughing now?

Goat Milk

Oh and the reason why people aren't jumping on Napier is because 1) he isn't a big pg and 2) he is an older pg. The guys in the draft they are looking to go number 1 are like 19 years old. They feel these guys have longer nba careers in them and also they still have room to grow into their bodies...

Napier is clearly the best player in the draft. It's not even close. He has elite speed and quickness. He is just as good as Mike Conley RIGHT NOW. I'm not saying will be. Right now.

Napier is gonna be a nightmare matchup at athe next level. You know why? Because the lane is not as clogged, the 3 pt is extended out, that's an advantage for speedy quick pgs.

Speedy quick PGs are magic in the NBA. Guys with a great handle are hard to come by and every PG in the NBA with a great elite handle is a top 10 PG.

Napier has the quickness, the handle. He will weave in and out of traffic in the nba easily.

We will all see who is right and who is wrong.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Just looked at the first post and saw the thread was created Yesterday after the team is in the championship and being led by napier.
    Was that a mistake? Was the thread really created back in November? If so great call, otherwise, thanks for stating the obvious...minus the fact that you think he's gonna be good in the NBA.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Im sure the Spurs are ticked off Duncan stayed in college the four years. Drafting a guy on potential compared to a guy who spent 4 years and is playing like this is about as foolish as it gets because the trade off may be a couple years, 13 years down the road? JUst silly.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Miles simon scotty thurman

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

No he won't have a better career then Kemba because he's not as good as Kemba. If you know the game so much why aren't you a scout? Enough of this talking outta your ass bro. You need to go back and watch the tape bro cause you sound dumb as shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

When Durant first came out of college I said Durant would be one of the best players in NBA history

Who is laughing now?

farmhouse1

Napier is not a good defender, he can't finish at the rim good enough, and he makes a lot of poor decisions. Enough of this stupid shit man go back and watch the tape. The fact he can shoot well will land him a spot in the nba. But an all star? Better then mike Conley? What you smokin? He'll be the next Nate Robinson I promise you. A decent sixth man that can get your team buckets when he comes in .

farmhouse1

He's gonna have so much trouble going up against bigger guards in the nba also I feel like. He's not very explosive and he can't finish around the rim well

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Miles simon scotty thurman
    Rumeal robinson

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Who is laughing now?
    Durant? You mean one of the top players in the country -- a 6-10 small forward with an exceptional shooting touch who was the No. 2 pick in the draft? Wow -- you really went out on a limb with that one. I don't know anyone who was doubting Durant's ability coming out of college after one year.

You mad bro

Durant? You mean one of the top players in the country -- a 6-10 small forward with an exceptional shooting touch who was the No. 2 pick in the draft? Wow -- you really went out on a limb with that one. I don't know anyone who was doubting Durant's ability coming out of college after one year.
    well i said lebron would be the best player in the world after 5-6 years in the league

goat milk doubted me

look who is laughing now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Oh and the reason why people aren't jumping on Napier is because 1) he isn't a big pg and 2) he is an older pg. The guys in the draft they are looking to go number 1 are like 19 years old. They feel these guys have longer nba careers in them and also they still have room to grow into their bodies...

Napier is clearly the best player in the draft. It's not even close. He has elite speed and quickness. He is just as good as Mike Conley RIGHT NOW. I'm not saying will be. Right now.

Napier is gonna be a nightmare matchup at athe next level. You know why? Because the lane is not as clogged, the 3 pt is extended out, that's an advantage for speedy quick pgs.

Speedy quick PGs are magic in the NBA. Guys with a great handle are hard to come by and every PG in the NBA with a great elite handle is a top 10 PG.

Napier has the quickness, the handle. He will weave in and out of traffic in the nba easily.

We will all see who is right and who is wrong.
    How's that NBA job shaping up? Hear back from Dan Gilbert yet?

You are the dumbest, most delusional loser on this site. Hands down.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

If goats friends told him durant wasn't going to be a great pro they are shockingly more stupid than him

Then again birds of a feather...

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Napier is playing against an admittedly weaker field of players than former NCAA talent.
    Both of these teams would get crushed by the 90's UNLV teams & absolutely pumped by the Fab Five.
    Players are rushing to the NBA sooner & sooner & younger & younger.
    Wiggy is not NBA ready but C.R.E.A.M.
    He's not the most talented player in college. He's not physically strong enough to play with K.L. or Dwight.
    But who's gonna pass up that type of scratch for another year of school?
    Anyway, Randle is going in the 1st round. Both Randle & Shabazz are still years behind guy Like Weber, Like Jalen, Like Larry Johnson.
    When they went pro.

I just don't understand the comparison to former N.B.A. players who had somewhat greater incentive to stay in college for the full 4
    Whita's team who was comprised primarily of Sophomores & Seniors was expected to do well this year. And they did, but in the tourney they ran into a wall. Good guards win NCAA Titles.

If Steph Curry can excel at the highest level, there's no reason to think Napier can't. I'm already drinking. So, I don't know the answer & I'm just rambling now. We'll have a better idea what the answer is to this question in about 6 hours.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Ummmm he has played outstanding ball all year.
    Thy lost to Hou and SMU no? They sure didn't look great early on hence the losses.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    He will be great in the D league in 3 years.
    I'm kinda leaning here but hey Phil Pressy is playin.

Goat Milk

How's that NBA job shaping up? Hear back from Dan Gilbert yet?

You are the dumbest, most delusional loser on this site. Hands down.
    actually yeah I had a meeting with the analytics guy from cleveland.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    If goats friends told him durant wasn't going to be a great pro they are shockingly more stupid than him

Then again birds of a feather...
    I didn't say great, I said all time great. Dude you realize my nba threads are + units every year, go even look at the one I stopped posting in this year and check how many units its up. I win every year. No one knows nba like me. no one.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Napier is not a good defender, he can't finish at the rim good enough, and he makes a lot of poor decisions. Enough of this stupid shit man go back and watch the tape. The fact he can shoot well will land him a spot in the nba. But an all star? Better then mike Conley? What you smokin? He'll be the next Nate Robinson I promise you. A decent sixth man that can get your team buckets when he comes in .
    Yeah, that's pretty much where I see his place being in the NBA. He's never going to be running a team, I don't see it. He's got a spot as a backup PG, I envision him being like a Reggie Jackson or Patty Mills. Shit, maybe he gets on a shit team like Sacramento and puts up 20 a game like Thomas. I think he will do well for himself in whatever role he settles into. Not top 15 PG though.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I think the nba draft is a complete farce. Anthony fukking Bennett went #1 overall last year for what reason exactly? It took 9 picks to get to Trey Burke and he's going to be one of the top 3 players in that draft. The top 10 picks are always loaded with stiffs who are selected based on "upside."
    This is one of the biggest mistakes come draft day. Bennett overwhelmed with physicality. Works in college not so much in pro's.

Goat Milk

Dude if I told you when Durant came out of college that he would go down as a top 10 player in NBA history you would laugh at me. You know nothing about the nba.

You mad bro

Dude if I told you when Durant came out of college that he would go down as a top 10 player in NBA history you would laugh at me. You know nothing about the nba.
    no, you know nothing about the nba

durant will not finish a top 10 player in the NBA despite all of his scoring

you are fukking absolutely clueless

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

My nba threads vs. yours

case closed

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Is this a joke?

If they didn't both go to uconn no one would dream of making this comparison

Napier is a slightly slower, slightly better shooting version of dj augustin

The one thing that's shocking that no ones brought up is that the kid is turning 23 before the next nba season. 95% of the posters in this thread didn't know who he was after his freshman or sophomore years when every other first round pick is coming out. No wonder he's a smart player. He's got two to four times more experience than most of the guys he's playing against.

This place is Unfukkinreal
    Stop making sense. Have another!

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Now watch Napier have his worst game of the tournament.
    Guy has a very limited future in the NBA.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post

Fool, Durant is averaging 32 7 and 5 this year. Find me 5 players in NBA history after 1980 that did that. You're done.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

I didn't say great, I said all time great. Dude you realize my nba threads are + units every year, go even look at the one I stopped posting in this year and check how many units its up. I win every year. No one knows nba like me. no one.
    Then why make stupid ass arguments? Durant had one of the best two or three freshman seasons in college history. Why the fuk is what he's doing in the nba shocking anyone? Obviously he's gotten better and better but he's exhibiting the same skills that he showed he had at Texas.

Goat Milk

You guys all don't know anything about the nba

Your all college guys in this thread

I'm the NBA guy

Listen to me and call it a night

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    It has nothing to do with them both going to UConn. The comparison always gets brought up because of that but you really goin to deny that both are iso players? I pointed out the difference but both are guys who are at their best when the play breaks down. The Augustin comparison isn't a good one because Augustin has a mediocre mid-range game whereas Napier thrives pulling up from mid-range.

Lol Goat milk has probably forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know pal. You wanna bash the guy for sucking in nfl then go for it but he understands the game of basketball.

You just proved you don't really know what you're talking about with your analysis of Conley. Conley is one of the craftiest dribblers in the league. He uses his craftiness to change speeds and weaves his way to the rim. He's one of the best finishers for a point guard and is also great at circling off screens and finishing with floaters in the lane.

It's funny how many posters hate Goat Milk. Who gives a shit if he acts like a know it all, he knows his basketball.
    Thanks bud
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 04-07-14 at 07:58 PM.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Napier is clearly the best player in the draft.

Then there are clearly a large number of NBA professional scouts who disagree.

First 123456 ... Last