RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Billy Donovan - WTF?

I don't get how Florida didn't try to take better advantage of their size and bulk advantage. One of the more puzzling games and strategies I can remember.

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Patrick young actually dominated the game. The gators lost because Frazier and wilbekin played just terrible ball. They combine for like what 6 points?

RMStanley

Frazier didn't even try a shot from what I saw. I missed the first 10 minutes. Agree about Young but they didn't go to him very much and none of the other longer more athletic guys (Yougette Prather, etc) got many looks near the paint. It was mostly Wilbekan and Hill goofily dribbling outside of the arc. The offense was horrendous and I blame Donovan.

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Prather had 15 pts lol. I agree maybe on Donovan but if anything the Florida bigs is why they were even in the game.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What size and bulk advantage. Uf got a little lost also once Uconn put someone big on him.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Donovan had a horrible game plan and Wilbekin and Kasey Hill looked like they tanked on purpose. Wilbekin was supposedly injured (funny how he was injured in the first UConn game too), Hill is just a freshman but they both lost this game in questionable fashion.

UF cuts the lead to 3 points then Hill hands the ball to a UConn defender for an easy fast break. Wilbekin miss dribbles next possession and turns the ball over for another fast break. 3 point game is now 7, then Wilbekin shoots a WTF 3 early in the shot clock than fouls Napier in the back court for 2 free throws. 3 point lead turns into 9 in about 20 seconds. Unfukingreal.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

UF should have killed them inside all night. Napier was playing on the low post for most of the game in a 2-3. But UF's guards didn't want to pass the ball inside, Wilbekin played hero ball for most of the game. Dribble, dribble, dribble, milk the clock then take a bullshit shot. UF had 3 total assist for the entire game. WTF? Credit to UConn but UF guards looked like they were on the take.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

the real difference in that game was florida can't create on offense and UConn did. Gators get points off of steals and it just didn't happen. I do have to say Wilbekin and Frazier played like shit. I hope Frazier doesn't think about leaving because he just showed any scout that was in the stands that he can't do shit unless he is wide open. I said FLA would cut down the nets but I was obviously wrong. I was saying it for months but now I'm rooting for UK. Me putting 400 on it might have something to do with that.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Did Wilbekin even hit the rim in the second half?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

First Jay Wright had a horrible gameplan vs. UConn, then Hoiberg, then Izzo, now Donovan.

Hmmm....

RMStanley

Hoiberg's gameplan was okay IMO. I just hate Uconn. They annoy me. I hate Boatright's mom so much.

But I'm stunned that Donovan didn't have any adjustments after Uconn countered the initial UF run.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Perhaps this is why you dont hear Donovan's name called out much when people talk about the best coaches, even with 2 chips.

Joeitaly
    Joeitaly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 419

Maybe I am just crazy, but this is third time I have seen S Wilbekin pull this crap. Two years ago against Louisville. Then last year against Michigan. Finally, tonight with 4 points and one assist? Really? 2/9? Anyone else think he looked smug after the game. All my other boys were genuinely sad, yet Wilby looked fine about it all. Very happy to head into the locker room and call it a night. Heck two years ago, playing at Arizona we were killing them then he decided to start bricking and air balling and 4 turnovers in the second half to lose the game. I forget the date. It was in December of 2012 I think. Regular season game, but all the money was on FL that night. Again, I could just be biased b/c I am a gator alum, but just seems fishy.

I posted this in the in game thread, but this thread makes more sense. Hope someone gives me their thoughts...

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

What was Donovan's offensive game plan? Let Wilbekin Dribble around the three pt line and hope something happens? How about double picks for Frazier or maybe a couple of back door alley oops to Prather? Billy Donovan might call a good defensive game but doesn't know shitt about offense. Young and Prather were the only ones playing for Florida. Can't win in a 5 on 2! Water under the bridge, its history now!

Jhart2838
    Jhart2838's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

lol@ how no one can give credit to Uconn's D. Oh Florida screw up and played bad, mich st played bad, Nova played bad...Bwahaha, give me a break. And yall are suppose to be "cappers" lol.