ZNC
    ZNC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Kentucky v. Wisconsin

This has racked my brain a lot...... I would get in on the 1.5 spread for Kentucky when you can. Any people who disagree? Hit me with it, let's all learn from one another and make the dough.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive liked Kentucky all tourney, but Wisconsin is too disciplined IMO. Kentucky can't afford the mental lapses, and stretches of bad play. This isn't your typical Wisconsin team, they can play fast or slow. Frank Kaminski is a nightmare for any opposing coach, reminds me of Dirk Nowitski when he was young and raw. I like Wisconsin to win and give Florida all they can handle in the title

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

I think whoever wins this game wins the championship. I think they key to the game is Brust. He has to play well, Kaminski is gonna have fits dealing with Randle on defense to be able to play the offensive game he is capable of.

I think Kentucky wins as well. I think they win it all. Too much raw talent on that squad.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

I think Wisconsin goin to beat Kentucky ,the badger by 7

ZNC
    ZNC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    I think Wisconsin goin to beat Kentucky ,the badger by 7
    By 5 maybe, 7 seems high...

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I'm gonna wait for the 2nd 1/2.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I love this guy's posts

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Frank Kaminski is a nightmare for any opposing coach, reminds me of Dirk Nowitski when he was young and raw. I like Wisconsin to win and give Florida all they can handle in the title
    Frank Kamisky couldn't carry Dirk Nowitski's jock when they were the same age. Nowitski is one of the greatest PF of all time and Frank won't come close to that type of career. If anything he's Nick Collison. Collison's KU team's down fall was running into a more athletic team see we'll see if Kamisky goes down the same way.

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Kentucky ML

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Frank Kamisky couldn't carry Dirk Nowitski's jock when they were the same age. Nowitski is one of the greatest PF of all time and Frank won't come close to that type of career. If anything he's Nick Collison. Collison's KU team's down fall was running into a more athletic team see we'll see if Kamisky goes down the same way.
    Obv you dont remember how terrible Dirk was his rookie year in the NBA. Didn't realize you made it to Germany and saw him play pre-NBA either.... congrats!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think UK has the athleticism and versatility to bother Wisconsin defensively. Key is their offensive game plan and not falling behind. Arizona and Baylor seemed not to really have a plan. Arizona stayed in it though because of great defense.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

any value on wisconsin to win the whole thang?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Ever since uk beat the shockers they been a no brainer bet for me in every gm...When I was filling out my brackets I thought the winner of that gm would at least make the final, unfortunately had Wichita winning that gm, lol..

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    any value on wisconsin to win the whole thang?
    I got em at +375, I think there is great value. This isnt your typical Wisconsin team, and not your typical Bo Ryan coaching job. He's let the reigns loose all year, they are still the most disciplined team left, and already beat Florida this year (So did Uconn). They lost something like 5 of their first 6 in the Big Ten, which took them off the map a little, but taking away this bad 2 weeks, they've been a top 3 team all season long

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

4 white starters not going to win the tournament

STAX

racist?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I have been one of the few on this site who has stood by Kentucky despite their struggles. It paid major dividends last week and now I am selling high.

Wisconsin is going to the Championship.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Wisconsin is the right play at the moment.

Never really pictured them in the final though. We'll see.

JerseyRobby

Dirk was already in the NBA at the same age Frank is now and was averaging more as an NBA player than Frank is in a thin NCAA. Get your head out of your ass. Dirk's rookie year numbers will still be better than Frank's will be and as far as second, third and so on it's not even a competition. The fact that you even think they will be in the same class is a joke.

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

I don't have a problem with most of what you say, but.... To compare Kaminski to Collison is a pretty big stretch in itself. Collison wasn't, isn't and never will be in the same league as Kaminski offensively. Kaminski is a first round talent, maybe a lottery pick. He's the most polished big man in the country. (Note that I didn't say best) He will give Kentucky fits, just like he did Baylor and Arizona, two teams with very athletic bigs. Right now I lean Wisconsin because of their perimeter play (as far as execution goes). But I only lean because the Harrison twins and Young have improved plenty in the last month.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

close game....

good time for a tease play

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mmmm that's funny. Weren't people saying before the tourney started that the region with kentucky, duke, michigan & Wichita was the most difficult and hardest to predict who the winner would be? Well looks like kentucky beat a lot of good teams to get here and I just think their overall athleticism will give wisky trouble. It's incredible how kentucky has been winning these close games, I mean they're all freshmen and just making plays when needed during critical junctures of the game. Win or lose it's been a very impressive run by kentucky....

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Hey guys, this isn't Science! Its a sport where the most talented and athletic team usually wins. In this case it is without a doubt the Wildcats of Kentucky. They will dominate the boards limiting second shots for Wisconsin. UK has had the hardest road in the tournament without a doubt. They have peaked at the right time and have beat the best of the best, Louisville, Michigan and undefeated Wichita State. They are bigger, they are stronger and will get most of the calls. Sure, its fun to debate but wake up man! Aside from Kentucky being a better team which team do all the networks want in the finals? Florida and Kentucky that's who. Come on, look at the stories "The Seniors vs The Freshman" or "Florida-Kentucky IV" with the eye of the tiger playing in the background. Cha Ching, Cha Ching is all the networks are hearing with that matchup. You will see the highlights of the 1st three games. What do you have with UCONN -Kentucky? Nothing! Nothing! The last thing the networks want is a UCONN-Wisconsin game. Cash is king!!! I'm getting mine, Florida and Kentucky this Saturday. Now the real question is who wins the Florida-Kentucky Final? That will be a gamble, a real unknown wager. You will have to pick a real winner in that one. The networks could care less who wins that game, they accomplished their goal (CHA CHING). Ratings through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Ever since uk beat the shockers they been a no brainer bet for me in every gm...When I was filling out my brackets I thought the winner of that gm would at least make the final, unfortunately had Wichita winning that gm, lol..
    ding ding ding

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by robbeduagain View Post
    I don't have a problem with most of what you say, but.... To compare Kaminski to Collison is a pretty big stretch in itself. Collison wasn't, isn't and never will be in the same league as Kaminski offensively. Kaminski is a first round talent, maybe a lottery pick. He's the most polished big man in the country. (Note that I didn't say best) He will give Kentucky fits, just like he did Baylor and Arizona, two teams with very athletic bigs. Right now I lean Wisconsin because of their perimeter play (as far as execution goes). But I only lean because the Harrison twins and Young have improved plenty in the last month.
    I don't know how old you are but I don't think you saw Collison play in College and may just be going off what you see in the pros. Collison in college was just as good as Kaminsky if not better and COLLISON WAS A LOTTERY PICK. Collison led KU to 2 consecutive final fours and a championship game. He was also the Big 12's all time leading scorer. People don't seem to respect or understand that just because you produce in college doesn't mean you will do the same in the pros. Tyler Hansbrough was also a star in college and even the great Christian Laettner was and they didn't do much in the pros.

k13

I don't know how old you are but I don't think you saw Collison play in College and may just be going off what you see in the pros. Collison in college was just as good as Kaminsky if not better and COLLISON WAS A LOTTERY PICK. Collison led KU to 2 consecutive final fours and a championship game. He was also the Big 12's all time leading scorer. People don't seem to respect or understand that just because you produce in college doesn't mean you will do the same in the pros. Tyler Hansbrough was also a star in college and even the great Christian Laettner was and they didn't do much in the pros.
    Laettner averaged 18/8 his rookie year, how many players did that the last 20 years? He had a few good years.

Hansbrough produces for the minutes he gets. No one thought he'd be a superstar.

All depends what situation you are drafted to.

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Laettner averaged 18/8 his rookie year, how many players did that the last 20 years? He had a few good years.
    Laettner was a god in college and the number 3 pick in the draft and only made 1 All-Star game so he did not meet his expectations as a pro which happens to most players which is the point I was making. Putting up numbers in the college game doesn't necessarily translate to the pro game.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

[QUOTE=JerseyRobby;21558956]I don't know how old you are but I don't think you saw Collison play in College and may just be going off what you see in the pros. Collison in college was just as good as Kaminsky if not better and COLLISON WAS A LOTTERY PICK. Collison led KU to 2 consecutive final fours and a championship game. He was also the Big 12's all time leading scorer. People don't seem to respect or understand that just because you produce in college doesn't mean you will do the same in the pros. Tyler Hansbrough was also a star in college and even the great Christian Laettner was and they didn't do much in the pros.[/QUOTE Christian Laettner had over 11,000 points in the NBA, that's not to shabby.

k13

Laettner was a god in college and the number 3 pick in the draft and only made 1 All-Star game so he did not meet his expectations as a pro which happens to most players which is the point I was making. Putting up numbers in the college game doesn't necessarily translate to the pro game.
    He only averaged 16.8 in his college career so his game did translate just tailed off after a few years.
    Playing at Duke and hitting buzzer beaters made him bigger than he was. It's not like averaged 30 a game in college.

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

I'm over 50 and a basketball coach, and I have probably coached more games than you've seen, Lol. I only said that Kaminski was a more polished offensive player. He has more range and better handles, period. Collision couldn't do that then or now. I didn't say a thing about rebounding or defense or who was better for that matter. That's OK, though, I like the discussion.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Wisconsin if you have any sense of how these things work.

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He only averaged 16.8 in his college career so his game did translate just tailed off after a few years.
    Playing at Duke and hitting buzzer beaters made him bigger than he was. It's not like averaged 30 a game in college.
    Nobody was going to average 30 on that stacked Duke team and most players who succeed in the NBA have a higher PPG in the NBA than NCAA. You can call him overrated in college but most experts consider him a top 3 player of the past 30 years. Prior to the draft and after being picked 3rd overall if you were told he would be a one time all-star and have the career he had most would have expected more but I guess you saw the future. Not to mention he averaged those point totals by filling the box score on teams that essentially had no other scorers so somebody had to fill up the box score. Funny how everything is 20/20 in hindsight to people.

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by robbeduagain View Post
    He has more range and better handles, period.
    That's true but if you read your original post it sounded like you were belittling Collison. My point was Collison was much more accomplished in NCAA and while Collison was more mid range game I could see Kaminsky having a career resembling him more than Dirk freaking Nowitzki. Come on now if you are a coach as you say you should know best how freakish and rare Dirk is. His stats , consistency, and longevity as a 7 footer are absurd.
    Last edited by JerseyRobby; 04-03-14 at 09:44 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Hey guys, this isn't Science! Its a sport where the most talented and athletic team usually wins.
    I've been watching Wisconsin closely (and playing them) - despite it being a #7 vs. a #2, people said Oregon had the better athletes - Wisconsin blew them out. Then it was #6 Baylor vs. Wisconsin - a lot more people watching this game now, and consensus was that this game was not much more than a mismatch of athletic abilities - Wisconsin absolutely routed them. So then it was Wisconsin vs. not only better athletes at #1 Arizona, but the best defensive team in the nation - both teams gave heroic effort and Wisconsin won that.

Just keep the basketball skill/production but switch the colors of Wisconsin's skin (make it 4 blacks and 1 white) and the Badgers would be giving points to Kentucky. So Wisconsin is a great ML play - AGAIN.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Cats here. GL All

12 Last