GemSportsPicks
    GemSportsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Never thought I'd say it... Izzo coached a terrible game.

I don't know what kind of offense they were running all day... Pathetic job by Izzo

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

They had no half-court offense because Appling was in foul trouble and UConn's bigs were allowed to throw Payne around like a rag doll.

I pin this on Appling more than anything else. Senior PG plays the worst game of his life at the worst possible time.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I agree too. He had no gameplan for Napier. Never tried to take the ball out of his hand. He basically let Napier go one-on-one all day. Thought he should have either zoned or doubled off the pick and roll.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1683

He didn't coach the turnovers, lol.....sorry.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I agree too. He had no gameplan for Napier. Never tried to take the ball out of his hand. He basically let Napier go one-on-one all day. Thought he should have either zoned or doubled off the pick and roll.
    Again, I think if Appling had stayed out of foul trouble (or had his head in the game at all), he could've equalized Napier a little more.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Again, I think if Appling had stayed out of foul trouble (or had his head in the game at all), he could've equalized Napier a little more.
    Not sure about that. Napier is going to win one-on-one more times than not. Just look at the final minutes, Napier hit the pull up on Appling, and then Appling fouled him on the three.

Don't undertand why they would let him pick and roll and not even hard double to make him pass. It's not like UConn's bigs are dangerous rolling to the basket.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I've watched both these teams play all year as they're my two favorite schools...gotta give it to Ollie, this team has very minimal nba talent. Uconn looked much hungrier too, thought this was over at half

KRIT

Barkley just said it best, Michigan St let Uconn get every shot they wanted to get.

nflguru1
    nflguru1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3266

Keith Appling. Senior guard with a chance to go to the final 4....

2 points, 5 fouls, last one being the game sealing foul on the 3 ball. What a terrible performance

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

uconn looked better prepared IMO, also i give their fans a ton of credit for making that a road game for michigan st

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I've watched both these teams play all year as they're my two favorite schools...gotta give it to Ollie, this team has very minimal nba talent. Uconn looked much hungrier too, thought this was over at half
    MSU looked like its tank was on empty in the second half. Huskies wanted it more.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    MSU looked like its tank was on empty in the second half. Huskies wanted it more.
    this 2, especially mr napier

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by nflguru1 View Post
    Keith Appling. Senior guard with a chance to go to the final 4....

2 points, 5 fouls, last one being the game sealing foul on the 3 ball. What a terrible performance
    He couldn't have been much worse, and it was a game where MSU needed him most.

survive
    and advance

Dawson also came back to earth, he has been the X factor for msu this year and he just didn't have much going. Uconn played much more aggressively and I think izzo deserves some blame there

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I absolutely hated what Payne was doing. I guess he's watching too much Chris Bosh or something. Get off the 3 point line and get inside. You're a freaking big guy. Idk why Izzo didn't have him inside with Dawson and then kicking out to Harris for 3 if double teamed. Oh well onto the next one.

FR3SH like UgHH
    FR3SH like UgHH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

No coin don't tell me u had msu...

...u know better.

survive
    and advance

Also, the msu chemistry today was AWFUL. Poor body language, complaining to each other, sloppy turnovers, etc.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by MCherry281 View Post
    I absolutely hated what Payne was doing. I guess he's watching too much Chris Bosh or something. Get off the 3 point line and get inside. You're a freaking big guy. Idk why Izzo didn't have him inside with Dawson and then kicking out to Harris for 3 if double teamed. Oh well onto the next one.
    Payne played great if you ask me.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    Payne played great if you ask me.
    He just camped out on the 3 point line the whole game. He's made a few and lost his identity. Look what Kaminsky for Wisky did yesterday. You can hit a few but still get inside and pound the other team. I think him standing behind the 3 point line the whole game messed up the offense. Get him in there and you have dual threat with Dawson and if they don't help then kick it out to guards for an open 3. Then maybe you get UConn in more foul trouble too but just camp and shoot 3's makes the offense stagnant and just settle for garbage jumpers after passing in circles on the perimeter.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH View Post
    No coin don't tell me u had msu...

...u know better.
    I didn't bet the game. Almost took UConn + the points.

MSU just got worn down in the 2H. I think playing Virginia late into the night Friday contributed to this loss. They were listless down the stretch.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MCherry281 View Post
    He just camped out on the 3 point line the whole game. He's made a few and lost his identity. Look what Kaminsky for Wisky did yesterday. You can hit a few but still get inside and pound the other team. I think him standing behind the 3 point line the whole game messed up the offense. Get him in there and you have dual threat with Dawson and if they don't help then kick it out to guards for an open 3. Then maybe you get UConn in more foul trouble too but just camp and shoot 3's makes the offense stagnant and just settle for garbage jumpers after passing in circles on the perimeter.
    Agree with this. The inside was there for MSU. They just never took advantage.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I completely agree T. Izzo did a horrible job and the better team lost because of it. Could have cleared out for Payne down low and then kick out to Valentine and Harris, or Payne goes to the hoop and gets fouled, maybe even a three point play. Instead you played right into UCONN's hands shooting from the outside with hands in your face. Oh well, its over and they are done.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    uconn looked better prepared IMO, also i give their fans a ton of credit for making that a road game for michigan st
    that's what i was worried about and it happened.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Izzo did not lose this game.Napier did not win it..What won it was 21 for 22 from the free throw line for Uconn

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

This game was all about uconn's insane perimeter D. Nothing to do with coach Izzo.
    Last edited by DALLASROB; 03-30-14 at 08:57 PM.

Jhart2838
    Jhart2838's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You can thank Phil Nolan for MSU not going inside as often as they wanted too. He was huge for Uconn. Brimah was a bad matchup for Payne, Ollie saw that and switched to Nolan. I'm sitting here reading how MSU is the better team... And I am just scratching my head how ppl can say that after watching this game. Uconn shot 5/21 from 3 and MSU was much much better then that. Harris, Payne, and Valentine were all around 50 Percent! The 3 pointer is Uconns calling card. they didn't have it today, and they STILL WON. Sounds like the better team to me.

survive
    and advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jhart2838 View Post
    You can thank Phil Nolan for MSU not going inside as often as they wanted too. He was huge for Uconn. Brimah was a bad matchup for Payne, Ollie saw that and switched to Nolan. I'm sitting here reading how MSU is the better team... And I am just scratching my head how ppl can say that after watching this game. Uconn shot 5/21 from 3 and MSU was much much better then that. Harris, Payne, and Valentine were all around 50 Percent! The 3 pointer is Uconns calling card. they didn't have it today, and they STILL WON. Sounds like the better team to me.
    Good points. Giffey has been exceptional this season from 3 and he missed probably 4 open attempts, so uconn really could've won rather easily. MSU certainly is the more talented team with 3 first round picks but today they weren't even close to being the better team

CashItIn
    CashItIn's Avatar Become A Pro!

uconn would have looked a lot better if giffey hit some of his shots today. He has been a beast this whole tourney. Go Uconn!