TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Manhatten Places Coach Steve Masiello On Leave While Reviewing College Credentials

Story

Here's my problem with this...

I'm all for education... don't get me wrong. But because you question if someone graduated with a degree you may possibly withhold a job opportunity for them? Hey South Florida... F U.

I know several graduates all over the US in major 4 year schools who make 100k a year and don't have an ounce of intelligence. They were good at paperwork... that's it. One on one in the business world... weren't worth an ounce of shi# in decision making.

I personally don't care if anyone went to college... if they perform hard... run a system... and follow guidelines... they should be rewarded. 500k + jobs. Why??? Because THEY GET IT. Plain and simple.

A degree shouldn't be the main focus. I can't stand any employer who focuses on that.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I agree

but isn't the focus less on the actual degree....and more about the Falsification?

character issue

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

South Florida is a state school with state requirements as you become a state employee...in the requirements..you must have a degree.

Manhattan is a private school and may or may not have that requirement
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

If I were Manhattan I wouldn't want him around because his foot was already out the door.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Frog,

I agree he was gone so he can't come back. It's not like manhattan doesn't get to the dance every few years. This is not the best they have done, he did a good job but nothing groundbreaking for manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I agree

but isn't the focus less on the actual degree....and more about the Falsification?

character issue
    True, and a man leading college students having a college degree himself it certainly not a bad thing. Manhattan college is Ranked nationally as one of the best academic values in the country. It is a legit institution no chance they keep this guy.

NATIONAL RANKINGS
    Manhattan College consistently ranks highly among national surveys that assess return on investment and graduate salaries. Additionally, the College is highly ranked in the annual college surveys done by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.

College Education Value Compared
    Payscale 2013 Return on Investment Survey
    Manhattan College placed 32nd among more than 1,500 U.S. colleges and universities on the Payscale.com 2013 Return on Investment (ROI) Rankings: College Education Value Compared survey, which demonstrates the long-term professional success of Manhattan graduates.

32nd of 1,500
    Press Release
    Full Survey Results
    Private Colleges with Million-Dollar Return on Investment
    Affordable Colleges Online 2013 Survey
    Manhattan College is ranked 20th among private institutions across the country that offer graduates a return on investment of $1 million or greater. Manhattan College’s 30-year net ROI is $1,216,000, which was obtained by calculating the estimated 30-year earnings of graduates minus the expected earnings without a degree and four years of tuition and fees.

Press Release
    Full Survey Results
    Best Colleges in the U.S. By Salary Potential
    Payscale College Salary Report 2013-2014
    Manhattan College was ranked 24th out of 1,016 colleges in the United States with the best salary potential in the 2013–2014 Payscale College Salary Report. Manhattan College graduates earn more than graduates from other universities such as Georgetown University (ranked 41), Dartmouth University (ranked 44), and Columbia (ranked 54).

The report demonstrated how the median salary of Manhattan College alumni nearly doubled from entry level to mid-career.

24th of 1,016
    Press Release
    Full Survey Results
    50 Affordable Colleges with the Best Return on Investment
    Bloomberg Businessweek 2011
    Manhattan College placed 13th in the 50 Affordable Colleges with the Best Return on Investment category in the Bloomberg Businessweek/PayScale 2011 survey. The survey revealed findings that 50 leading colleges and universities, including Manhattan College, delivered a 30-year net return on investment (ROI) greater than $1 million for graduates.

13th of 50
    Press Release
    Full Survey Results
    America’s Best Colleges: North Region
    U.S. News & World Report 2013–2014
    U.S. News & World Report ranked Manhattan College as the No.17 regional university in the north. This is the sixth year in a row that the College has placed in the regional top 20 in the annual America’s Best Colleges survey.

The College’s School of Engineering was also ranked No. 45 nationally among the Best in Undergraduate Engineering category, which evaluates engineering schools that offer bachelor’s and master’s degrees.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Didn't Eddie Jordan pull a similar stunt with Rutgers last year?

I know it came out after he was hired that he never graduated but they didnt fire him and the whole thing just went away.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Didn't Eddie Jordan pull a similar stunt with Rutgers last year?

I know it came out after he was hired that he never graduated but they didnt fire him and the whole thing just went away.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-col...ordan-graduate

With jordan it was a school official that mentioned the degree in his bio not him. He claims he did the coursework he just never got the final credits recorded. Whether he stated in the hiring process he had a degree is unclear. The only funny part is he was inducted into the Rutgers hall of distinguished alumni in 2004. Whoops .

You are right though they seem to be saying no big deal

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Alumnus--- "a person who has attended OR has graduated from a particular school, college, or university"