qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Baylor. They're on a roll and are 3.5 dogs. It's really laughable. They'll shut down wiscys chuckers with their length and the rest will be history. Same story as the Doug McDermott game. They're very similar minus kaminski and his ability to stretch the floor but Isaiah Awesome (real name austin for the ppl who can't understand a nickname) is still superior. They have too much blackness and talent for the unathletic badgers.

Your all welcome for my return I will have another amazing play for you Friday. If you don't remember me check the posts was the hottest poster last CBB season. Adios
    Last edited by qb1789; 03-26-14 at 11:24 PM.

vicshap
    vicshap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

Quote Originally Posted by qb1789 View Post
    Baylor. They're on a roll and are 3.5 dogs. It's really laughable. They'll shut down wiscys chuckers with their length and the rest will be history. Same story as the Doug McDermott game. They're very similar minus kaminski and his ability to stretch the floor but Isaiah Awesome (real name austin for the ppl who can't understand a nickname) is still superior. They have too much blackness and talent for the unathletic badgers.

Your all welcome for my return I will have another amazing play for you Friday. If you don't remember me check the posts was the hottest poster last CBB season. Adios
    i just love to fade anyone who's this confident about a win or go home game.

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

@vicshap you are 100% correct

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

baylor wins

qb1789

Lol always some haters gotta love it. We shall see who is 100% in a little while. Confidence breeds results btw ladies

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Good picker right here. People here know I backed Baylor atleast a month ago to go all the way.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Im sure you said the same thing with Oregon.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wisconsin it is! Thanks I feel better already.

qb1789

Oregon had no D dummy. Realize I'm the sharpest of the sharp you will see that tomorrow.

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

lets goooooo baylorrrrr

jtoler

Oregon had no D dummy. Realize I'm the sharpest of the sharp you will see that tomorrow.
    So sharp that you didnt say it before game, gotcha, welcome back to sbr. Can you explain how Baylor's defense is better while youre talking what you dont know.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol look at who wisconsin lost to on the road - arguably the best team on the road all year, plays in a stronger conference, and has a far superior coach and game plan

baylor is much higher in talent and athleticism, but its not like wisconsin doesn't know how to score
    also creighton was forced to drive in but often found themselves stuck in the highpost - pretty sure this won't happen to wisconsin, as they have bigs that can shoot and drive and play the post

also just the idea that baylor blew out a overly hyped creighton team doesn't mean they are going to roll over everyone else, it says a lot when wisconsin comes back against a very good oregon team shooting above 50% for most of the game

good luck with your bet, wiscy ml for me

qb1789

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    So sharp that you didnt say it before game, gotcha, welcome back to sbr. Can you explain how Baylor's defense is better while youre talking what you dont know.
    First off I did have that game picked but I'm sure you won't believe that either. Oh and I have Baylor in my final 4.

Anyways I will gladly explain why baylors d is better. It's actually simple enough that you may be able to comprehend it. Oregon has no length or rim protector down low. Isaiah austin is averaging 3 blocks a game (top 20 pick). Furthermore both he and 6 ft 11 Jefferson are both athletic and long enough to defend the perimeter which will in turn lessen kaminski and company's shooting ability. Royce O Neal is a 6 ft 6 wing who is defending well also. Another big reason baylors d is better is they even have a 3rd big man Ricardo gathers who has been playing his best ball in the tourney so if one of the two studs get in foul trouble we're good. The 2-3 zone they've been using on this great 12-2 run is perfect to utilize their length and hide their undersized poor defender (heslip). Is that good enough for you?
    Last edited by qb1789; 03-27-14 at 12:46 PM.

qb1789

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    lol look at who wisconsin lost to on the road - arguably the best team on the road all year, plays in a stronger conference, and has a far superior coach and game plan

baylor is much higher in talent and athleticism, but its not like wisconsin doesn't know how to score
    also creighton was forced to drive in but often found themselves stuck in the highpost - pretty sure this won't happen to wisconsin, as they have bigs that can shoot and drive and play the post

also just the idea that baylor blew out a overly hyped creighton team doesn't mean they are going to roll over everyone else, it says a lot when wisconsin comes back against a very good oregon team shooting above 50% for most of the game

good luck with your bet, wiscy ml for me
    An educated response so refreshing! It will be no blowout that's for sure. Wiscy almost never gets blown out because of their style of play. Bo Ryan will have them ready but the talent discrepancy is just too much to overlook. Wisconsin a big strength is the two bigs who can step out and hit 3s. That's exactly what baylor can defend well with Jefferson/Austin. Gl on your bet too
    Last edited by qb1789; 03-27-14 at 12:41 PM.

LosRichards
    LosRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1257

Never bet against a group of white boys in the sweet sixteen

robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

You are right about the bigs for Wisc being able to shoot. But I don't think they'll just look for the 3. When Baylor's guards extend out to cover the shooters, in it will go to the middle for the15 footer or the quick pass to the short corner. I think Dekker is the key to the Badgers success

jtoler

First off I did have that game picked but I'm sure you won't believe that either. Oh and I have Baylor in my final 4.

Anyways I will gladly explain why baylors d is better. It's actually simple enough that you may be able to comprehend it. Oregon has no length or rim protector down low. Isaiah austin is averaging 3 blocks a game (top 20 pick). Furthermore both he and 6 ft 11 Jefferson are both athletic and long enough to defend the perimeter which will in turn lessen kaminski and company's shooting ability. Royce O Neal is a 6 ft 6 wing who is defending well also. Another big reason baylors d is better is they even have a 3rd big man Ricardo gathers who has been playing his best ball in the tourney so if one of the two studs get in foul trouble we're good. The 2-3 zone they've been using on this great 12-2 run is perfect to utilize their length and hide their undersized poor defender (heslip). Is that good enough for you?
    You could have just said 2-3 zone is why they MAY be better on defense and it would only be because Wisky isnt used to seeing it, Oregon and Baylor give up almost identically the same amount of points so arguably Oregon is better on defense since they dont rely on a zone.

qb1789

You could have just said 2-3 zone is why they MAY be better on defense and it would only be because Wisky isnt used to seeing it, Oregon and Baylor give up almost identically the same amount of points so arguably Oregon is better on defense since they dont rely on a zone.
    Sorry for using too many words and information for ya bud. Anyways what your not taking into account is the run BU has been on. The middle 2-8 slide they went on ****** up their overall percentages and stats. They're a whole different team with that zone

jtoler

Sorry for using too many words and information for ya bud. Anyways what your not taking into account is the run BU has been on. The middle 2-8 slide they went on ****** up their overall percentages and stats. They're a whole different team with that zone
    Im not saying Baylor doesnt cover and win, I lean them just havent made a bet yet, I was just initially responding to the too much blackness and talent comment, this is a team sport, "too much blackness" isnt enough.

jtoler

Youre also not taking into account of Wisky and not giving them enough credit regardless of what happens. Bo Ryan is a really, really, good coach, and it helps alot that Wisky has a couple bigs who can stand at the FT line, turn and shoot, pass, fake a pass, they have good ball movement, bigs who can shoot, and great 3 pt shooting, all things that it takes to beat a zone, also they run a motion offense. He can run flex, flare options, they have the players to beat it, although it doesnt mean it will happen. And Wisky does see some 1-3-1 from Michigan so they arnt foreign to it.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-27-14 at 01:19 PM.

robbeduagain

Youre also not taking into account of Wisky and not giving them enough credit regardless of what happens. Bo Ryan is a really, really, good coach, and it helps alot that Wisky has a couple bigs who can stand at the FT line, turn and shoot, pass, fake a pass, they have good ball movement, bigs who can shoot, and great 3 pt shooting, all things that it takes to beat a zone, also they run a motion offense. He can run flex, flare options, they have the players to beat it, although it doesnt mean it will happen.
    Exactly what I've been saying. It may not happen, but it is very possible

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Damn. I was all over Baylor until I saw this thread.
    If they win this clown's gonna be rubbing everyone's face in it, gloating about how great he is and how dumb anyone is that had an opposite opinion on the game. Then of course he'll suck everyone in with his next sure thing. If Wiscy win, no worries, he'll just disappear.
    No bet for me now, and note to self: don't open threads with titles like this one.
    Enjoy the game.

supercam1
    supercam1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

UCLA -4.5 you're welcome

supercam1
    supercam1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Oh and your Baylor pick is wrong....Wisconsin will win this game, sorry

pokerwhiz90

An educated response so refreshing! It will be no blowout that's for sure. Wiscy almost never gets blown out because of their style of play. Bo Ryan will have them ready but the talent discrepancy is just too much to overlook. Wisconsin a big strength is the two bigs who can step out and hit 3s. That's exactly what baylor can defend well with Jefferson/Austin. Gl on your bet too
    Yeah these aren't the easiest games to cap tbh, both these teams are hot, one team is immensely well coached while the other team is immensely talented, both teams can score at will, and both teams have size and can score inside and outside, both teams can play at a fast and slow pace

the faster the game is, the more baylor has an advantage, the slower, the more advantage goes to wisconsin's ability to swing side to side and pass for the easy 3 - theres going to be several lead changes, overall though in the end i see the game slowing down and playing into wisconsin's hands because lets face it, kids get nervous at the end and nobody wants to blow the game, including the coaches

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    Yeah these aren't the easiest games to cap tbh, both these teams are hot, one team is immensely well coached while the other team is immensely talented, both teams can score at will, and both teams have size and can score inside and outside, both teams can play at a fast and slow pace

the faster the game is, the more baylor has an advantage, the slower, the more advantage goes to wisconsin's ability to swing side to side and pass for the easy 3 - theres going to be several lead changes, overall though in the end i see the game slowing down and playing into wisconsin's hands because lets face it, kids get nervous at the end and nobody wants to blow the game, including the coaches
    Baylor & the points

V4Value
    V4Value's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 400

I see people siding on both Baylor & Wisky, correct me if I'm wrong, I see this as a very tight game with several lead changes. IMO, the best value here is Baylor and buying some points. I see how a well coached Wisky team will play baylor's zone, but Baylor's players athletic abilities will be getting better second chances and more hustle plays. I don't see Baylor shooting 60% from the field again but if they show up like that, they will win. If not, it will come down to the last minute of the game?

pokerwhiz90

Quote Originally Posted by V4Value View Post
    I see people siding on both Baylor & Wisky, correct me if I'm wrong, I see this as a very tight game with several lead changes. IMO, the best value here is Baylor and buying some points. I see how a well coached Wisky team will play baylor's zone, but Baylor's players athletic abilities will be getting better second chances and more hustle plays. I don't see Baylor shooting 60% from the field again but if they show up like that, they will win. If not, it will come down to the last minute of the game?
    the thing is baylor's coaching is crap, i agree with everything you said but if ball control and managing time of possession is going to be key in a tight game, wiscy has the edge

qb1789

How is their coaching crap? They've been to 2 elite 8s and won an NIT championship the last 3 years. Pretty damn good if you ask me. I will take a proven tourney winner in Drew over the regular season king Bo Ryan.
    Last edited by qb1789; 03-27-14 at 04:33 PM.

robbeduagain

I've got agree with qb here. I've never understood why Drew gets little credit for what he's done. Baylor was in shambles when he took over. I think Ryan is better, but Drew definitely isn't crap

jtoler

He never gets the best out of his teams or players, he's had some talented big men none of them developed, they should have beaten Kentucky 2 years ago but he didnt know what to utilize on offense, all he had to do that game is run high lows and they win, he did that only on about 2 possessions in 2nd half that game and let Calipari, who did nothing special, outcoach him.

qb1789

What your missing is the part where he got them to the elite 8 in the first place. It's baylor they were nothing without him.

So when he wins tonight against big bad bo will that change your opinion?

jtoler

Who cares if its Baylor, if you watched that game, and Id bet you didnt, then you would have seen his ineptness.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Dude saying Baylor D is not better than the Ducks clearly has not seen a single one of Baylor's last 5 games after then went basically all 1-3-1. I will recap. Pooped on Oklahoma for 30 mins, up 18 OK made a run as BU softened up. Pooped on Texas basically the whole game after almost blowing it the day before. Held ISU to 2 points for almost 10 min, but gave away their lead to only a couple at half. Then died 2H as they were playing their 4th in 4. I will ad no one in the Big 12 has ever won the title going through that. Held a hot Neb team to 16 the first half. And then they ABSOLUTELY SHAT on only the #1 team in offensive efficiency. Dougy Buckets had 3 at half, yes he was in early foul trouble, but he ended at 15 for the game zero 3s. His second lowest total of the season. Baylor has been playing for their lives for 9 games I would say. I would not be surprised if we see a repeat of Sunday for Wisconsin. But more likely it will be a battle that I am excited to watch. Gasser and Jackson are going to be their only shot of breaking the zone.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by las8 View Post
    Dude saying Baylor D is not better than the Ducks clearly has not seen a single one of Baylor's last 5 games after then went basically all 1-3-1. I will recap. Pooped on Oklahoma for 30 mins, up 18 OK made a run as BU softened up. Pooped on Texas basically the whole game after almost blowing it the day before. Held ISU to 2 points for almost 10 min, but gave away their lead to only a couple at half. Then died 2H as they were playing their 4th in 4. I will ad no one in the Big 12 has ever won the title going through that. Held a hot Neb team to 16 the first half. And then they ABSOLUTELY SHAT on only the #1 team in offensive efficiency. Dougy Buckets had 3 at half, yes he was in early foul trouble, but he ended at 15 for the game zero 3s. His second lowest total of the season. Baylor has been playing for their lives for 9 games I would say. I would not be surprised if we see a repeat of Sunday for Wisconsin. But more likely it will be a battle that I am excited to watch. Gasser and Jackson are going to be their only shot of breaking the zone.
    Who is Creighton, I said before tourney to sell on that team. Again what about their D makes them better? Youre just going by 5 games? Im going by a season.

12 Last