TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

NEVER done this before (UK/UL information inside)

I will be backing UK at +5 for a max play. I've been meaning to post this but anyway.

1. Russ Smith is banged up with NUMEROUS small injuries and was mentally not himself last week. Listen to this video below. It is around 3 minutes and he talks about "going home to rest" the whole time with no excitement. Keep in mind this kid is practically ADHD.

2. UL's kryptonite is size and rebounding inside. UK is way too big inside for Louisville's guards to be able to finish at the basket and the bigs have ZERO post moves outside of Harrell who is only 6'8. On the other side, Louisville's 2 headed center includes a guy who can sort of rebound but is an awful shot blocker and a guy who is a good shot blocker but an AWFUL rebounder (rain thin 6'10 freshman).

If you don't believe me. RUSS SMITH himself said UK is a bad matchup for us after the earlier game.
    http://kentuckysports.co/sweet-16-kentucky-wins/
    Excerpt: “They (UK) are just a tough team to play and a very bad matchup for us with their size“.

3. John Calipari has had Rick Pitino's number since he has been at UK. For whatever reason, Pitino is 1-5 against Calipari since he arrived in Lexington. This may seem like a small thing, but to myself and other UL fans, it is apparent that Louisville doesn't play with the "free spirit" that UK has in the past.
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave TPowell 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CarpeDime

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice write-up, makes sense. Respect for going against your boys.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Excellent write up. However, the one thing that is being forgotten here is that Kentucky is young. Louisville has experience.

Russ Smith may be tired but this is a Kentucky team playing purely on talent. Their talent is what ended up beating Wichita State.

Louisville and Kentucky are pretty evenly matched talent wise. Experience will be the kicker. My advice would be to read into as far as you can before making a decision. I think there are definitely better plays on the board.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Louisville isn't that good. They always get hot at the end of the year. This year was no different. Doesn't change the fact that they really aren't all that skilled.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Louisville isn't that good. They always get hot at the end of the year. This year was no different. Doesn't change the fact that they really aren't all that skilled.
    Not that skilled. That's legit coming from a guy with a sixers avatar.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky won't be able to score. Bunch of freshman frustrated because they can't score will make mistakes that a team like Louisville will capitalize on.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post

Are you a Louisville fan? Did I offend you or something?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Kentucky won't be able to score. Bunch of freshman frustrated because they can't score will make mistakes that a team like Louisville will capitalize on.
    I'm not sure that'll be an issue. They will either get open looks on the wings/corners or they will have easy chances to score inside. No way for UL to defend both I don't think

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Powell I like it

I think they win outright

They have unreal talent

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Everyone just relax

we got this

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Everyone just relax

we got this
    Know you're a fan but UK getting 5 pts is a gift here. Kentuckys played amazing against Wichita state. Let's not forget they already beat Lville this season, and that was with randle sitting half the game.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Know you're a fan but UK getting 5 pts is a gift here. Kentuckys played amazing against Wichita state. Let's not forget they already beat Lville this season, and that was with randle sitting half the game.
    And let's not forget that Kentucky has had some terrible losses. Inexperience will show up in this one. It's not Wichita state. And it's damn sure not Kansas state. Come on now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Agree, and I really want to hammer Kentucky here, but something is holding me back.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

They really aren't, given how much the national media blows them.

The two non-No. 1 seed tourney darlings -- Louisville and MSU -- have underlying weaknesses that everyone seems OK with overlooking. However, the experience factor may indeed land both of them in the Final Four anyway.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

And let's not forget that Kentucky has had some terrible losses. Inexperience will show up in this one. It's not Wichita state. And it's damn sure not Kansas state. Come on now.
    I'm with you on that - I was a UK hater all season. They looked terrible, and their only win was vs UL.

But the last 3-4 games they have looked like a finely tuned machine. The twins (who are 6'6") are playing WAY better. Their two 7' big men pose a threat that the Cards have no answer for. They're making their FTs. Cal owns Pitino.

Meanwhile, L'ville has looked lackluster in the tourney. Russ smith looks banged up n worn out. They struggle against size and defense. Kentucky just beat Wichita state who also played great. Cleanthony Early was near perfect. WSU > UL this season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

this awful "writeup" has convinced me that louisville is the play.

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I'm with you on that - I was a UK hater all season. They looked terrible, and their only win was vs UL.

But the last 3-4 games they have looked like a finely tuned machine. The twins (who are 6'6") are playing WAY better. Their two 7' big men pose a threat that the Cards have no answer for. They're making their FTs. Cal owns Pitino.

Meanwhile, L'ville has looked lackluster in the tourney. Russ smith looks banged up n worn out. They struggle against size and defense. Kentucky just beat Wichita state who also played great. Cleanthony Early was near perfect. WSU > UL this season.
    Why is Wichita State greater than Louisville this year? Because they play Holy Trinity school of the deaf 12 times a year? There is a reason I had Kentucky beating Wichita State, because Wichita State doesn't play anybody. Great record. Great year. But let's face it, in any top tier conference Wichita State is only mediocre. That's real shit.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is Wichita State greater than Louisville this year? Because they play Holy Trinity school of the deaf 12 times a year? There is a reason I had Kentucky beating Wichita State, because Wichita State doesn't play anybody. Great record. Great year. But let's face it, in any top tier conference Wichita State is only mediocre. That's real shit.
    wichita would have finish in the top 3 of any conference in the country this year

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    wichita would have finish in the top 3 of any conference in the country this year
    Hahah get real. Great statement. I take you more seriously now.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

powell going against his beloved cardinals and backing his hated rival no less

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They really aren't, given how much the national media blows them.

The two non-No. 1 seed tourney darlings -- Louisville and MSU -- have underlying weaknesses that everyone seems OK with overlooking. However, the experience factor may indeed land both of them in the Final Four anyway.

This.

I think MSU is the most solid team in this tournament but there's just something a little bit amiss. I haven't been able to put my finger on it all year. I want to take MSU Friday but something keeps telling me Virginia is going to sneak it out.

Justin3587

This.

I think MSU is the most solid team in this tournament but there's just something a little bit amiss. I haven't been able to put my finger on it all year. I want to take MSU Friday but something keeps telling me Virginia is going to sneak it out.
    But everyone knew there was no clear cut top dog. That's pretty much EVERY team.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bookmakers didn't take any of that super secret info into account when they made their lines

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Bookmakers didn't take any of that super secret info into account when they made their lines

I didn't claim I had secret information you penetrating clown

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Pop quiz: the SOS difference between Louisville and Wichita State was how many spots?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This.

MSU doesn't play D or rebound like a typical MSU team. This group's a lot more heavily reliant on their natural ability and offense than the staples that have guided them to most Final Fours. Ironically, they're facing a team that might just out-Spartan the Spartans when it comes to those qualities.

ap1ftw
    ap1ftw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1146

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Everyone just relax

we got this

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Unless UK makes shots like they did against wichita they don't stand a chance. They shot 10-21 from three or something like that. Including that incredibly fortunate bank shot three from the wing. I am not misled. This is a ten loss team that can lose to literally anybody as well as beat anybody. I think Louisville wins though.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Played UK a couple of days ago, that number has to go down surprised it hasnt yet. Only thing I can see Louisville getting away with murder, Cal probably gets a tech this game.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We are ready bet on Louisville

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

when tpowell talks college hoops i listen, period

i always read and consider his thoughts and opinions

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    when tpowell talks college hoops i listen, period

i always read and consider his thoughts and opinions
    you've always been a fan of them young twinks pete, that's for sure.

jed81
    jed81's Avatar Become A Pro!

881 KENTUCKY 138.5o08 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5o08 138.5o05 139
    882 LOUISVILLE -4.5 -12 -4.5 -5 -5 -5 -5 -4.5 -08 -4.5 -08 -4.5
    03/28/2014 9:55 PM EDT

all the Money is on Kentucky open at 4.5 all the public grab and then they get another Hook Added ! Vegas needs Cards to cover BANG Louisville

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jed81 View Post
    881 KENTUCKY 138.5o08 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5 138.5o08 138.5o05 139
    882 LOUISVILLE -4.5 -12 -4.5 -5 -5 -5 -5 -4.5 -08 -4.5 -08 -4.5
    03/28/2014 9:55 PM EDT

all the Money is on Kentucky open at 4.5 all the public grab and then they get another Hook Added ! Vegas needs Cards to cover BANG Louisville
    Where is this info from?

jed81
    jed81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scores and Odds I key off MGM grands line one of the Biggest BOoks in Vegas

123 Last