RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

How tough??

Is it to bet on teams in ncaa tourney if you haven't seen them play so far in tourney?
    I felt like I could make solid picks during season, but going by stats and trends in post - season has worked against me.

I feel like I don't have a good feel for a lot of these games after the results from the first 2 rounds, though I was confident heading in.

Any one doing well so far that don't get to watch much?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Is it to bet on teams in ncaa tourney if you haven't seen them play so far in tourney?
    I felt like I could make solid picks during season, but going by stats and trends in post - season has worked against me.

I feel like I don't have a good feel for a lot of these games after the results from the first 2 rounds, though I was confident heading in.

I don't watch a single game but profit in every sport, go figure...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I think it depends the person really.
    I watch a ton of basketball and have had a killer ncaa season. So I think its pretty much, do you know what the hell youre doing or not?

Watching doesnt help or hurt I dont think. Its statistical analysis PLUS the eye test doesnt hurt.

Skin24
    Skin24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I'm having a great year up over $12K. You really need to do your homework in my opinion. If you can't or won't then find someone to tail like Leet or THam12. They both have been giving out winners since I started a couple of months ago.

Also you have to have money mangement. I recomend the most you ever bet on one play is 5% of your bankroll. If you betting more then that then your going to lose. Nothing is a sure thing no matter what someone tells you. I like the 2 to 6 method.

RollinDo

Good to know. Thanks Leet.
    How do you do so well in picking tourney games?
    So tough to determine which teams may spring upsets.
    Thought Zags had a great shot yesterday.
    Thinking Aztecs have a shot vs. Zona..probably way off though.

RollinDo

My bracket actually looks decent after 2 rounds (except Shox in Final 2).
    Just tough to bet spreads. Last year I knew less and fared well.
    This year I know more but winning only 33% of picks.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Do U need a place to bet? Lol,jk

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I've noticed with alot of spreads you get scared of a number if its high. Cant do that. If you think a team will cover, dont be scared of a number.

RollinDo

Thanks everyone for chiming in!
    I do some HW, but seems harder on neutral sites.
    Been betting for 1 full year..tripled my BR in 2 months...then lost it all, then reloaded. Just 1 reload, so I guess it's not terrible. But you guys probably never had to do that, right?
    I think I am much better at $$ management now, but am so streaky. I will have a week of all winning days and then lose 8 straight like what happened on Friday and Sat.
    I do take into consideration all 3 of your posts as I haven't found many others who are winning consistently.
    Whenever I tail D - fresh I lose, like Kansas ML yesterday (in 2-team parlay)...and Skin's Shocker play (which zip felt strongly about even before I read anyone's post).

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I've noticed with alot of spreads you get scared of a number if its high. Cant do that. If you think a team will cover, dont be scared of a number.
    It's not that. Just really don't know if UVA will cover 7 points, but really confident they'd win...probably by 5-7 is what I was thinking, so I I'd a 2-team parlay with IL State today.
    Just not smart to lay the high juice for ML if -200 or higher IMO.

RollinDo

I do think it helps to watch games though. You get to know a team's strengths at every position and that helps with match-ups.
    I watched and followed MVC more than any conference and I would have made a nice chunk had I bet ATS as I went 28-17-1 during the season for my game articles.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

It's not that. Just really don't know if UVA will cover 7 points, but really confident they'd win...probably by 5-7 is what I was thinking, so I I'd a 2-team parlay with IL State today.
    Parlays and teasers will eat you alive if you dont do them right lol I know first hand

mcdonae101

Nothing wrong with the money lines if u have the bankroll. Hell, I believe with proper capping and money management it's impossible to lose in long run betting chalk

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Thanks everyone for chiming in!
    I do some HW, but seems harder on neutral sites.
    Been betting for 1 full year..tripled my BR in 2 months...then lost it all, then reloaded. Just 1 reload, so I guess it's not terrible. But you guys probably never had to do that, right?
    I think I am much better at $$ management now, but am so streaky. I will have a week of all winning days and then lose 8 straight like what happened on Friday and Sat.
    I do take into consideration all 3 of your posts as I haven't found many others who are winning consistently.
    Whenever I tail D - fresh I lose, like Kansas ML yesterday (in 2-team parlay)...and Skin's Shocker play (which zip felt strongly about even before I read anyone's post).
    I used to be the most retarded (poor word choice) sports bettor ever.
    This is the first year I've maintained my bankroll the right way.
    There multiple times I started with 100 bucks, built it to 1600 and lost it all.

But not anymore. Because I manage my money better.

RollinDo

In the past 2 weeks, I have lost several 3-team parlays by 1 team not winning SU as a 6-7 point fave. That sucks.
    But if I had played the spread separately on all 3 games, would have gone 1-2, so it amounts to same loss really.

RollinDo

How long have you boys been bettin'?
    Maybe I need to relax and just go through tough lessons of sports betting...hardest part is trying to get back what you lost right away, and that mindset almost always results in digging even deeper in a hole.

RollinDo

This is what I like about a sports forum...good info.
    I think that too many are caught up in building a reputation and egos and people are not helping each other out...especially with these "lock" plays, which I try to avoid.

mcdonae101

Maybe I need to relax and just go through tough lessons of sports betting...hardest part is trying to get back what you lost right away, and that mindset almost always results in digging even deeper in a hole.
    i have a sports book. I bet on the side, been doing it a few years. I don't let any of my players action dictate my bets, count them as 2 separate entities

RollinDo

Parlays and teasers will eat you alive if you dont do them right lol I know first hand
    How are they done right? I think you either get lucky or lose by a few points. I think it helps to give yourself a few points cushion.I tried to cover both ends on Saturday with 2 ML parlays and also spreads on dogs. That's how I went 1-7...worst day being in my life...to hard to hit in between.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

How are they done right? I think you either get lucky or lose by a few points. I think it helps to give yourself a few points cushion.I tried to cover both ends on Saturday with 2 ML parlays and also spreads on dogs. That's how I went 1-7...worst day being in my life...to hard to hit in between.
    With teasers , the reward is not nearly enough for the risk. Especially in college ball. Too much unpredictableness.
    Betting games separately, if you hit 56-60% youre making seven proft. Teasers if you hit that percentage youre most likely in the hole or just breaking even.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Been betting about 3 years. First 2 years were complete dog shit. I had no clue what I was doing, was just blowing money, mostly on trying to hit 3-6 team parlays.

There are tough lessons to learn. Once you realize that its a marathon, not a sprint, its much easier.
    Think about it this way, at your job you most likely dont get paid everyday, you look at your paycheck at the end of the week or 2 weeks.
    Same with bankroll, at end of week or 2 weeks or month have you made profit? Thats how you know if youre doing it right.

mcdonae101

With teasers , the reward is not nearly enough for the risk. Especially in college ball. Too much unpredictableness.
    Betting games separately, if you hit 56-60% youre making seven proft. Teasers if you hit that percentage youre most likely in the hole or just breaking even.
    football is where I have found teasers to b constantly beatable

RollinDo

Thanks again guys..good feedback.
    Realizing that 1st year has its ups and downs.
    I need to learn how to play single games better instead of 2-3 team teasers and parlays.
    I will likely continue parlays with ML mostly, but for less than 1/2 of my plays.