James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does kentuckys future results affect your opinion of wichita state??

I am asking for your opinions on both sides, before the games happen. If kentucky loses badly to louisville does it make wichita state look even worse? On the flip side if kentucky makes a big run to final four or further does wichita state get a little love back?

I say yes on both counts just wondering what you guys think

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

One game doesn't prove a damn thing ever.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    One game doesn't prove a damn thing ever.
    I read your other posts, you are a huge shocker fan and were even there tonight, brutal loss dude. You seem to think I was implying the shockers are no good and/or a fraud because they lost this game by a razor thin margin. They played a championship coach with NBA talent that hit 10-21 from 3pt range. There is no shame In losing that game at all. However I still say if kentucky rolls to the final four or even further it does elevate the perception of the shocker game. On the flip side if kentucky loses to louisville 71-53 it downgrades the shockers and their tournament showing.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I read your other posts, you are a huge shocker fan and were even there tonight, brutal loss dude. You seem to think I was implying the shockers are no good and/or a fraud because they lost this game by a razor thin margin. They played a championship coach with NBA talent that hit 10-21 from 3pt range. There is no shame In losing that game at all. However I still say if kentucky rolls to the final four or even further it does elevate the perception of the shocker game. On the flip side if kentucky loses to louisville 71-53 it downgrades the shockers and their tournament showing.
    I wasn't implying that you feel that way. I just think it's silly to think that one game would mean anything in the way of determining a final verdict of good a team is or was. Heat lost by 37 three games before wrapping up the title last year. Tournament is a crapshoot and if they played it 10 times, they'd likely have 7 or 8 different winners.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    I wasn't implying that you feel that way. I just think it's silly to think that one game would mean anything in the way of determining a final verdict of good a team is or was. Heat lost by 37 three games before wrapping up the title last year. Tournament is a crapshoot and if they played it 10 times, they'd likely have 7 or 8 different winners.
    I agree with most of your sentiment, and that game was as much of a crapshoot at any. Must have been torture to be there. But whether you agree or not kentuckys results the rest of the way will affect the perception of this shocker team.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

no.

Albert Pujols

I agree with most of your sentiment, and that game was as much of a crapshoot at any. Must have been torture to be there. But whether you agree or not kentuckys results the rest of the way will affect the perception of this shocker team.
    Yeah, but it doesn't really matter what idiots think.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kentucky played their best game in 2 years and barely won and that's says a lot for Wichita St.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Does it matter that uk lost to the #1 team in the country by one point on a neutral floor a week earlier?

No one seems to give a shit about that game.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

this was the national championship or a final 4 matchup..kentucky almost took out florida for the sec title and they will play in the title game no doubt...they could lose a fluke in the final 4 but they will be there...shockers are studly with 3 nba guys and got unlucky to lose this

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

I will always bring up the fact that ball was knocked out of bounds on a Kentucky possession, clearly by Kentucky, replays showed this, and they awarded Kentucky the ball, Kentucky got a 3 off that.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Does it matter that uk lost to the #1 team in the country by one point on a neutral floor a week earlier?

I agree with you drink. I am betting Ky. vs louisville this week for sure.

Not only did kentucky lose to FLA 61-60 in the SEC championship the Gators who are on a ridiculous 28 game win streak only had one other close game in the past month. A 56-49 win vs tennesee in the SEC semi final the game prior to kentucky. All three of these teams are the only SEC teams that got into the big dance and all three are still here. No team has more teams then the SEC left and the SEC is undefeated in tourney.

Also kentucky looks to be peaking big time, they lost to Florida by double digits at home feb 15th, they got destroyed by fla in fla 85-64 march 8th but game was even worse then that, it was 49-28 at half. Yet a couple weeks later in SEC championship they fight the gators to the death and lose 61-60 in SEC final game on a neutral field, this one point win being gators 26th straight victory.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

james i had said back in december after kentucky lost to unc that we were going to see their best basketball around february and they start gelling together. I didnt think it was gonna come after the way the harrisons have played this year but all of a sudden now this is the team everyone expected. They go from being pounded by florida in gainesville like you said to playing some of the best ball in we've seen in all of D1 over a span of two to three weeks. Amazing

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

And they beat already beat Louisville earlier this year

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

no

UK and Wich are both top 10 teams

6 of ken pom's top 12 where in the midwest

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

I never believed Wichita St. had a chance to go very far when they weren't coming out of nowhere to catch teams by surprise. I believe if the seeds in this game had been switched Wichita wins the game, because Kentucky has a bunch of one and done guys who really did not play together very well until late in the season. KY needed to be an underdog to have any focus from the start. It was a hell of a game but it just goes to show Jimmies and Joes > X's and O's and it's hard to beat a bunch of blue chips with 3 star athletes if the blue chips have their head on straight.

Also believe Wichita is really just a top 20 team and would not have gone undefeated in a real conference. They only beat NC Central by 11 and we saw what Iowa St. did to them. Wichita needs to get into a real conference and play a real schedule if they want respect and it's obviously not that hard to switch conferences these days. And, no matter how good they are in their conference they will never get blue chip talent unless they play in a prime time conference, because Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins will never be excited to show their skills on local TV for two-thirds of their games.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Of course they wouldn't go undefeated in major conference

Did anyone else?

Who said they would?

They were legit

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

They lost by a bucket in the best played gm of the tourney against a team that was seeded way off and every dipshit on here wants to discredit them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

louisville was going to be favored against the shockers anyways, personally it doesnt matter to me but i could see some ridicule if kentucky gets beaten badly by the ville.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

so can we all now agree that wichita was legit?

kentucky playing out of their minds

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

What were the odds for Kentucky to win the national championship before the tourney started?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    What were the odds for Kentucky to win the national championship before the tourney started?
    I think +6000 since they had name recognition

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Wichita State was a top 7 or so team regardless if they would have lost first round or title game.

40 mins does not decide how good or not a team is

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    I think +6000 since they had name recognition
    no way less than that

25 to 1 i think

Skin24
    Skin24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am asking for your opinions on both sides, before the games happen. If kentucky loses badly to louisville does it make wichita state look even worse? On the flip side if kentucky makes a big run to final four or further does wichita state get a little love back?

I say yes on both counts just wondering what you guys think
    Unlike this game they were down the whole game until the end. Remember Wichita had the lead until the last Kentucky shot. Wichita got screwed to play Kentucky so early everyone said that including Charles Barkley.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    They lost by a bucket in the best played gm of the tourney against a team that was seeded way off and every dipshit on here wants to discredit them.
    Nailed it. My opinion of them going in was that they were probably the best team in it and I saw Ky's sci-fi performance in defeating them by 2. I still feel they are the best team this year with major nod towards Florida. Ky now acting like the best team left.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10704

Everyone is beating up on Wichita State making the argument that they wouldn't have gone undefeated in a major conference. Well that is just stating the obvious. No other team in college basketball did either. What Wichita State would have been is a top tier team in any conference who had a chance to compete for the final 4 and beyond. Losing to Kentucky in no way would have affected my opinion even if Kentucky would have lost to 100 by Lville. This is a one and done tournament. Anything can happen on any given night. Wichita State was a legit top 10 team that got robbed by getting put in the stacked Midwest. Kentucky is making them look legit but I didn't need a run by Kentucky afterwards to cement that idea in my mind.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wichita State been done for a week. Don't matter what anyone thinks.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

It's kind of ironic that Kentucky basically did to Wichita St. what Wichita St. did to Gonzaga last year. People said Gonzaga didn't deserve a 1 seed and then shit all over them after they lost to Wichita St. Then Wichita St. makes it all the way to the Final Four.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Wichita State been done for a week. Don't matter what anyone thinks.
    Weird

Coulda sworn this year was the year they went double elimination