robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    I could care how most coaches call it. A coach should be able to call it in any way the rulebook states is allowed and have it granted. And as others have said any competent ref should be looking at the coach anyway, and this was all the result of a ref not looking, not the way Roy was asking for it.
    I'll remind you that I said that refs should be looking at the bench in those situations. Just saying he didn't use a method most coaches use to best get the attention of a ref.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Game was lost the possession prior when Marcus Paige got caught in the air with no where to pass and turned the ball over. Can't do that. Especially when Iowa State was getting to the hole with ease in the latter stages of the game. Carolina just isn't good enough right now. Need a 2 guard bad and some consistent scoring down low. Not a hater, been a Heel die hard longer than you've been alive (educated guess).

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Quote Originally Posted by robbeduagain View Post
    I'll remind you that I said that refs should be looking at the bench in those situations. Just saying he didn't use a method most coaches use to best get the attention of a ref.
    Fair enough, I don't think a coach should have to anticipate that a ref might not know timeout symbols or that he might even have to get the attention of a ref in an obvious timeout situation at this level. I would think jumping up and down tapping your shoulders TEN times and screaming time out would be enough. But if you want to say he should have done the T symbol too, that his failure to anticipate that the T symbol might work better was a contributing factor to this debacle, we'll just have to disagree.

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Game was lost the possession prior when Marcus Paige got caught in the air with no where to pass and turned the ball over. Can't do that. Especially when Iowa State was getting to the hole with ease in the latter stages of the game. Carolina just isn't good enough right now. Need a 2 guard bad and some consistent scoring down low. Not a hater, been a Heel die hard longer than you've been alive (educated guess).

There is no doubt we could and should have played better in the last 3 minutes and that was MORE of a contributing factor to the loss than the refs in terms of just pure statistical probabilities. Nonetheless, there is also no doubt in my mind the refs stole a chance for us to win despite how poorly we played in those last few minutes. The game is supposed to last 40 minutes and this one did not. Anyone who wants to say we should have played better and not given the refs the chance to blow it for us has a fair argument but there is objective proof here that they screwed up and took away a chance for a miracle finish in a tourney where miracle finishes happen all the time. And if you are a Carolina fan, you know we've had a few miracle finishes both for and against us. To say the call wouldn't or shouldn't have mattered is annoying to me. We'll never really know whether it mattered.
    Last edited by MarcusPaige; 03-24-14 at 02:58 PM.

First 12