The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by DavieVegas View Post
    Iv never seen anything like it. I feel a investigation needs to be done on the game for nc state. Worst fix ever. All that for a push
    Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    NC State had no business losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy22 View Post
    Amazing how many free throws they had to tie in ot and seal the game in regulation. Not to mention blowing a huge lead. What suckers
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywayne View Post
    That display of FT bricks was nauseating...

As a Wolfpack alum I'd just like to say to all those questioning whether we threw the game that rest assured we did not. This is just what we do. Just as it looks like we're about to accomplish something big, we lose our shit and piss it all away. Had a 15 point lead on Duke in the 2003 ACC Championship game with ten minutes to play and lost. Had a 20 point lead on Duke in Cameron a couple years ago and lost. Had a ten point lead against Mizzou with about ten minutes to play at home this year and lost. Had a 13 point lead against Pitt at home this year and lost. Had an 8 point lead at Wake Forest this year with about 10 mins to play and lost. Had a 6 pt lead on UNC in overtime at home a few weeks ago and lost. Back in the day when we had Philip Rivers at QB we were up in the horseshoe playing #3 Ohio State and had the ball 1st and goal at the Ohio State 1 yard in overtime with a chance to win the game and failed to convert four straight times and lost. Had the magician Russell Wilson himself for three straight years and even he couldn't overcome the taint of it as we blew a shot at the ACC title game by failing to convert multiple times in short yardage situations to run out the clock against weak-ass Maryland for **** sake and lost. Every big game, every year, just as we're about to exceed expectations or do something special, we find some way to crap the bed and blow it. We call it NC STATE SHIT. Welcome to our world.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

No way they threw it...that last shot in regulation wasn't something the kid could just make go in and out. They just choked it away at the ft line. College players are horrible at the ft line across the board, I don't know why more schools don't start fouling with 2 minutes left like st. lou did tonight.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lol threw the game? You people are funny as hell.

tonywayne
    tonywayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I'm not sure why I got quoted in a response about "did they throw the game". I would never suggest that. I was just commenting that it was physically sickening to watch a team collapse like that, especially because of free throws. How ANY basketball player in the NCAA (or NBA) can't make 75% or more of their free throws is ridiculous. They're supposed to be the best of the best...

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by tonywayne View Post
    I'm not sure why I got quoted in a response about "did they throw the game". I would never suggest that. I was just commenting that it was physically sickening to watch a team collapse like that, especially because of free throws. How ANY basketball player in the NCAA (or NBA) can't make 75% or more of their free throws is ridiculous. They're supposed to be the best of the best...

I was quoting anyone that unsuspectingly took the Pack tonight and apologizing on behalf of NCSU alums everywhere for what you had to deal with. We're used to it to the point of almost being numb, but for unwitting strangers it can feel like a punch to the gut to go through. We lost four games this year holding the lead with under 10 seconds to play. And that was BEFORE tonight's game. That's just how we roll.

First 12