No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wichita State +1150 to win it all

Not really understanding the hate for the Shockers. Yeah, they played no one during the regular season. Who cares? Team is still absolutely loaded. Returns crazy NCAA Tournament experience from their Final Four team that nearly beat Louisville, and Van Vleet is arguably the most improved player in basketball (along with Wilbukein). He was a reserve on last year's team. Now he's a star.

To me, they're on a short list of teams that can win it all. Worth the odds at more than 10-to-1 in my book. Team plays with a chip on its shoulder, and loaded with angry players who won't be intimidated by anyone. I'm not sure people realize how good they truly are.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

GL Coin. I've posted this in another thread before... I think this year in the NCAA it's 100% a crap shoot unlike other years. When you think you have a handle on it... it slips away. Duke can't trust. Michigan State... can't trust... anyone is beatable. W.S. has only one thing working against them... nerves. How nervous will they play? That's all that matters.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

playing louisville in the sweet 16 is brutal....theyll be what....4 pt dogs?

interesting dynamic that a team is undefeated and can legit go in playing the disrespected card

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    GL Coin. I've posted this in another thread before... I think this year in the NCAA it's 100% a crap shoot unlike other years. When you think you have a handle on it... it slips away. Duke can't trust. Michigan State... can't trust... anyone is beatable. W.S. has only one thing working against them... nerves. How nervous will they play? That's all that matters.
    I don't know why they'd be nervous. They're a bunch of badass mofos who have been told all year long that they're fraudulent. If they didn't make that FF run last year, I could understand the pause. Given their track record, I don't get the doubt.

To be honest, as wide open as the field is this year, I can only see a small handful of teams actually contending for a title. Florida, Wichita, Louisville, maybe Michigan State or Iowa State as a long shot. That's about it for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    playing louisville in the sweet 16 is brutal....theyll be what....4 pt dogs?

interesting dynamic that a team is undefeated and can legit go in playing the disrespected card
    Why would they be dogs to Louisville though? They lost by 4 to them in the FF last year, and have almost everyone back. How many starters do the Cards return from that game? 1 or 2? I know Deng, Siva, and Hancock are all gone at least.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

my pph doesnt have anything up yet

whats louisvilles future line?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    my pph doesnt have anything up yet

whats louisvilles future line?
    +825.

They'll have their hands full with St. Lou to even get to Wichita.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    +825.

They'll have their hands full with St. Lou to even get to Wichita.
    so there you go....louisville will definitely be favored

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Baylor 100:1

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

It will be tough, but I like this team. I put in futures for wich st., florida and kansas. Kansas only because I can see Wiggins turning into Melo ala 02-03 and taking over

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Cuse +2100, first year without a large wager on him so it finally hits. Two teams I don't mind seeing, Kansas and Florida. JB has Donovan's number and same with Kansas. No PG for Kansas, they will be lost against the zone. Final Four, book it. Ohio State may be the toughest match-up, hope Dayton takes em out.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a crapshoot, but Wichita State has been marked for death. Their path is tough and think you'd sweat this future every round after the opener. Honestly given their potential draw, I think their odds need to be longer to be looked st.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Wichita state will not get pass the second 2nd round

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Wichita 15-1 right now at the Hilton.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Better off just money-lining them every game.

Doing that would probably net you 30-1, at minimum.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They stacked the bracket against them preseason fav kentucky and then louisville like said got to ml.it or nothing

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Baylor 100:1
    Coach is a mental midget, but they have the talent and the bracket to do it. Nebraska/Baylor winner might be in the regional finals.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

initially i thought there would be too much pressure on them for going for history and being 40-0 but now the tables have turned as everyone has them losing before the elite 8. how much of a dog against a potential louisville matchup they would be is going to depend a lot on how each team looks in the first 2 games.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    They stacked the bracket against them preseason fav kentucky and then louisville like said got to ml.it or nothing
    They did, but they'll take care of schizo Kentucky. If they beat Louisville, they're in. Bottom half of that bracket is garbage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    initially i thought there would be too much pressure on them for going for history and being 40-0 but now the tables have turned as everyone has them losing before the elite 8. how much of a dog against a potential louisville matchup they would be is going to depend a lot on how each team looks in the first 2 games.
    Louisville is really good. Don't get me wrong. I hate that they have them in Wichita's bracket.

You put Wichita in the West and it's a cakewalk. That bracket is a joke. Wisconsin is junk, and Creighton has no business being a 3. Watch out for SDSU there if Arizona doesn't make it.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Buy a Lotto Ticket

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Wichita State has nerves of steel.
    That's why they're undefeated so far, and that's why I think they have the best shot to win it all.
    They play to their motto - play angry - they have maintained focus all year and they won't let that go now.
    They truly play 1 game at a time, and honestly only saw like 2-3 games this year where they didn't really turn it on against bad competition.
    Their biggest test will be vs. Louisville in Sweet 16 (don't understand that match-up by committee at all), who is a potential Final 4 team too. But I see Shockers getting revenge vs. Cards from last year's Final 4 when the Shockers looked to have that game won.

I'll take these odds and probably hedge if/when they make the Final 4.

RollinDo

I like SD State's odds of 53:1 to win too, but I may take them game by game after the first couple rounds.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

No love for Zona? I have them taking it all.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    No love for Zona? I have them taking it all.
    Look at what they've done in last 7-8 games. You think they can win 6 straight? It's possible, but I'd rather go with a proven team that has been consistent all season.

What do you have to lose with these odds on Shockers. I'll put just .5 units on it - no big loss and won't have any regrets, but I'd hate for them to make it to Final 4 and then say, "I wish I woulda..."

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

I don't know why they'd be nervous. They're a bunch of badass mofos who have been told all year long that they're fraudulent. If they didn't make that FF run last year, I could understand the pause. Given their track record, I don't get the doubt.

To be honest, as wide open as the field is this year, I can only see a small handful of teams actually contending for a title. Florida, Wichita, Louisville, maybe Michigan State or Iowa State as a long shot. That's about it for me.
    They made the final four last year but weren't they a dd seed?
    Nowas a 1 seed and being undefeated they have a bullseye on their back.
    Much better value out there at longerodds imo.
    Brutal matchhup for them vs. Lville.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

one thing i know for sure is that ratings for wichita kentucky and wichita louisville will be through the roof if those games happen. obvious tv agendas with some of these games

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I like SD State's odds of 53:1 to win too, but I may take them game by game after the first couple rounds.
    I like SDSU a lot. Thames is arguably the best player in the tournament.

Arizona wouldn't surprise me, greener. Easiest region by far.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I really hope Wichita State comes through and shuts everyone up. Quite frankly, their toughest games (before the Final) would be Kentucky and Louisville.

I believe they would beat a Michigan or Duke in the regionals. It's getting there that's going to be the problem.

One correction: you said Hancock is gone. He's still there - standing on the 3 pt line... knocking down 3s.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Why would they be dogs to Louisville though? They lost by 4 to them in the FF last year, and have almost everyone back. How many starters do the Cards return from that game? 1 or 2? I know Deng, Siva, and Hancock are all gone at least.
    Hancock isn't gone...

Lol stare at line moves some more

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I really hope Wichita State comes through and shuts everyone up. Quite frankly, their toughest games (before the Final) would be Kentucky and Louisville.

I believe they would beat a Michigan or Duke in the regionals. It's getting there that's going to be the problem.

One correction: you said Hancock is gone. He's still there - standing on the 3 pt line... knocking down 3s.
    Yeah, my bad. I was thinking of someone else.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

+1150 to win it all no way

way too many tough games for them

i only see 2 good wins all year. versus st louis, a game that was 66-65 with :30 left

and a win vs tennessee that was tied with 6 minutes left.

if they were in a major conference they would be at best 13-5 in that conference. solid team no doubt but +1150 is playing right into the books hands.............i would maybe take them at +1900

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got them at 125 to 1 preseason, but Id put em at 20 to 25 to 1 right now

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    I got them at 125 to 1 preseason, but Id put em at 20 to 25 to 1 right now

thats what im saying. the value is long gone at 11-1

ok so they win game 1 easily yes of course

but does a 5 game moneyline parlay with them versus the best teams in the country only payout +1150 lol

no value

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Like it.

I may take a stab with Creighton. I like picking teams who can shoot.

123 Last