face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

parlay each game pujols is right. it's way more $

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Not really understanding the hate for the Shockers. Yeah, they played no one during the regular season. Who cares? Team is still absolutely loaded. Returns crazy NCAA Tournament experience from their Final Four team that nearly beat Louisville, and Van Vleet is arguably the most improved player in basketball (along with Wilbukein). He was a reserve on last year's team. Now he's a star.

To me, they're on a short list of teams that can win it all. Worth the odds at more than 10-to-1 in my book. Team plays with a chip on its shoulder, and loaded with angry players who won't be intimidated by anyone. I'm not sure people realize how good they truly are.
    You didn't take this future, not even $20 bucks on it.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

no kidding. take your favorites to win the entire thing. say you like 4 teams that have a shot

open 4 seperate 6-game open parlays and hope one of them wins

no coin simply refusing to admit +1150 is a ripoff

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Anyone who thinks Wichita is overrated is wrong. I have them going out in the sweet 16 to Louisville in my bracket, but if they had the path of Arizona or Florida, I'd probably take them to the final four.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Per ESPNSTATS&iINFO twitter page:

@ESPNStatsInfo: Based on BPI, Wichita St is 14% likely to reach Champ Game, 8% chance to win it (both 3rd-highest in field).

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

this record can take out louisville 2nd rd

Monday, Mar 3 @Pittsburgh W 74-67 18-12
    Sunday, Mar 9 Boston College W 78-68 19-12
    Thursday, Mar 13 Miami (FL) W 67-58 0-0
    Friday, Mar 14 @Syracuse W 66-63 0-0
    Saturday, Mar 15 @Duke L 67-75 0-0
    Tuesday, Mar 18 @Xavier W 74-59 22-13
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 04:01 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    You didn't take this future, not even $20 bucks on it.
    I haven't yet, no. Never said I did. Just think it's a future worth considering if you're into that sort of thing.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

kentucky will be giving them culture shock

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I've got them making it to the championship game.

They kind of remind me of Butler from a few years. Butler made it to the championship game and people still didn't believe in them the next year for some reason when they made it again.

I don't care if the MVC sucks. Wichita St. is good. They proved it last year and nearly beat Louisville.

I think it says a lot to go undefeated regardless of the schedule. They have a winning culture.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bookmakers may be feeding propaganda, but power ratings don't lie (except for injuries).

Well I don't know what numbers you're looking at exactly. Where do teams like Southern Miss/SMU rank in these power ratings?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Well I don't know what numbers you're looking at exactly. Where do teams like Southern Miss/SMU rank in these power ratings?
    You can start by looking at the more popular ones like Pomeroy, Sagarin and teamrankings , they all had Louisville in top 3, SMU in 30s and So Miss in 60s last I checked. I am more partial to some of the sites tracked at Prediction Tracker , but those three teams seem to be ranked pretty consistently throughout.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You can start by looking at the more popular ones like Pomeroy, Sagarin and teamrankings , they all had Louisville in top 3, SMU in 30s and So Miss in 60s last I checked. I am more partial to some of the sites tracked at Prediction Tracker but those three teams seem to be ranked pretty consistently throughout.

Analyzing historical results through the lens of Pomery's rankings will reveal certain trends, but they are not a great predictor team to team. SMU looks great according to Pomery, so does Harvard. Say you've got your bookie's gun to your head and you're given a ML bet of Harvard vs Texas, do you take Harvard?

How about against Kansas State? Stanford? Providence? Nebraska? Arizona State? Umass? Dayton? Xavier? NC State? Florida State? Memphis? Maryland? Minnesota? Missouri? George Washington? Clemson? Utah?

How many of those games do you think Harvard would win? How many would you actually bet them to win with your life on the line?

Pomery is a statistician. His stats are based on raw data. That raw data has limitations. Like who you play. It's impossible for SMU/Louisville's ratings not to be skewed favorably, no matter how hard he tries to adjust for it.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-26-14 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

First 123