frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

NCAA tourney first round lines are starting to come out. Any first impressions?

I guess the thing that jumped out to me was Milwaukee getting 17 points against Villanova.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Milwaukee didn't even win half their games in the weak Horizon conference going 7-9

less than a month ago they lost by 22 to UIC who was 6-25 this year, that was UIC's only conference win

so Milwaukee has the potential to stink up the joint

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

not to mention that Villanova wants to get that bitter taste out of their mouths from losing to Seton Hall in the Big East tournament...I think they come out firing early and often and Pinkston has big game inside as well...Lay the 16.5 (Pinny) or no play for me!...

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I guess the thing that jumped out to me was Milwaukee getting 17 points against Villanova.
    Milwaukee is a very bad basketball team. The predictive ratings I have written and used for several years have them ranked 198th in the country and Villy number 7

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Liking St. Joe's ML.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Milwaukee didn't even win half their games in the weak Horizon conference going 7-9

less than a month ago they lost by 22 to UIC who was 6-25 this year, that was UIC's only conference win

so Milwaukee has the potential to stink up the joint
    Leading scorer Jordan Aaron missed 4 games and they lost 3 of those games pretty badly, and he played hurt in a home game against Illinois Chicago and had a terrible game in a blowout loss. Take away those 5 games and they were 20-9 in games which he played, including 2 road wins at Green Bay and a road win at Davidson. Not eye popping wins but they are better than their record/stats.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

I think Providence will beat UNC. Just not a good UNC team this year. Providence is hot, they'll make the upset.

I like Vols -1 over Iowa in the play-in game.

Everyone is just assuming Kentucky is advancing to play Wichita. Last time I checked, 8/9 matchups are 50-50. KState getting 5 against an inexperienced Kentucky team sounds good to me.

Lobos -3 over Stanford. Lobos got under seeded here.

I hate the Buckeyes, but don't think that high of Dayton. Ohio st should dominate them
    physically.

louisville minus whatever. They never let up for full 40 mins.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

at first glance i like western michigan +13

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Louisville -15. Yes please! Thank you and I'll take a second helping!

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

As well as Oklahoma State -2.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I think Providence will beat UNC. Just not a good UNC team this year. Providence is hot, they'll make the upset.

I like Vols -1 over Iowa in the play-in game.

Everyone is just assuming Kentucky is advancing to play Wichita. Last time I checked, 8/9 matchups are 50-50. KState getting 5 against an inexperienced Kentucky team sounds good to me.

Lobos -3 over Stanford. Lobos got under seeded here.

I hate the Buckeyes, but don't think that high of Dayton. Ohio st should dominate them
    physically.

louisville minus whatever. They never let up for full 40 mins.
    Vols everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!!! Slamming that. I like Oklahoma State, Louisville and providence as well

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Quote Originally Posted by TakingVegasMoney View Post
    Vols everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!!! Slamming that. I like Oklahoma State, Louisville and providence as well

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

I agree with you guys on the Vols which begs the question....is this a trap game or sucker bet?!....why is the line so low if Tennessee has been red hot and Iowa ice cold and the Hawkeyes barely made the tournament?...I was thinking at least the Vols being favored by 5 or 6.