farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nc central +10 looking strong to me

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Friday 3/21
    Kentucky -5 (1x)
    Two relatively similar teams with similar styles of play. Both can play solid defense, especially when Kentucky is inspired as they were in the SEC Tournament. Both teams struggle to make threes and the big edge Kentucky has is the amount of times they get to the line. Not to mention being just more talented as a team. Oh and those big boys down low with Randle, Cauley-Stein, and Johnson really are a nightmare for this Kansas State team. Kentucky, as I said earlier in this thread seems to be clicking at the right time just like most great John Cal teams. Can they win here and against Wichita with a meeting with in-state rival Louisville looming? If they keep playing the way they have been I don't see much issue with that scenario. Kentucky 5th in the country in rebounds per while Kansas St is in the low triple digits. Between the boards, the free throw line, and the big men Kentucky should get out of here with a comfortable W.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Nc central +10 looking strong to me
    St Joseph's +5 vs uconn looks nice
    Will check these two out man good shit.

farmhouse1

Stephen f Austin +5.5vs VCU. Stephen f is on a ridiculous winning streak. I think the line is a bit high here
    Last edited by farmhouse1; 03-17-14 at 01:16 AM.

farmhouse1

New Mexico st has this ridiculously tall center

farmhouse1

Idk why but I can see Dayton beating ohio st..... Really liking Dayton +5

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Stephen f Austin +8'vs VCU. Stephen f is on a ridiculous winning streak. I think the line is a bit high here
    I had SFA pegged depending on matchup. Unfortunately, these two teams are pretty much exactly the same team. Both same style and while the 8 in that scenario is enticing I am hesitant. I want to see where line goes right now its in that gray area for me but I see why you are playing. VCU is better team and SFA was going to score an upset based off their style, VCU won't be as frazzled as a team like say Cincy or Stl would have been. Plus this seems to be the flavor of the week. I won't hesitate to play if line inflates or if it sinks a few points have no problem playing VCU. More interested in the O/U here.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Idk why but I can see Dayton beating ohio st..... Really liking Dayton +5
    I hate Ohio St they can't score they are terrible. All for this play.

farmhouse1

San Diego st line is strange to me. I'm wondering if new mexico's center will give San Diego some problems

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Stephen f Austin +5.5vs VCU. Stephen f is on a ridiculous winning streak. I think the line is a bit high here
    Just looked at line VCU at -5.5 on 5 dimes. Might go down still I'll wait and see. Good luck either way.

farmhouse1

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    I had SFA pegged depending on matchup. Unfortunately, these two teams are pretty much exactly the same team. Both same style and while the 8 in that scenario is enticing I am hesitant. I want to see where line goes right now its in that gray area for me but I see why you are playing. VCU is better team and SFA was going to score an upset based off their style, VCU won't be as frazzled as a team like say Cincy or Stl would have been. Plus this seems to be the flavor of the week. I won't hesitate to play if line inflates or if it sinks a few points have no problem playing VCU. More interested in the O/U here.
    Yeah I don't like this game anymore at all

farmhouse1

I'm liking Harvard +3.5 vs Cincinnati

farmhouse1

Providence + 4 & oklamoha st -2 also look intriguing

farmhouse1

Wofford +15 vs michigan looks to be high

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thursday 3/20
    Dayton +5.5 (1x)
    I am an Ohio State football fan so naturally my alliance heads toward Ohio St in basketball as well. Unfortunately, they are terrible and going nowhere in this tournament. I have no problem betting against them every game until they finally bow out and my only sour note will be losing them as a fade. Daytons 11 deep attack could wear down a thin Ohio State team. OSU struggles to score when they are not getting turnovers and running in transition and a half court possession is hard to watch. The one player who can get to the rim is Aaron Craft and he is not a takeover type player. So usually OSU passes around the 3 pt line, a quick look inside, back out, and a jumper that normally clanks off the iron and into the hands of a defender given their terrible rebounding. But they can absolutely shut teams down for stretches and this should be a physical game. I am expecting Dayton to wear down Ohio St with their depth and win a tight game the 5.5 is so inflated in this game that will likely land in the 50's.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Wofford +15 vs michigan looks to be high
    I got to this game and stared at it. The problem I ran into was backing Wofford when I have them down to lose by double digits. I think I am going to lay off to avoid kicking myself when it goes the other way. I agree though, the points are a little much.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Good luck, never mind seeing you post. Dayton with the points looks like the play.
    Points Awarded:

GiveMeaBJ gave Cuse0323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thursday 3/20
    Western Michigan +13 -120 (2x)
    Syracuse is laying 12.5 points against one of the hottest teams in the country. Western Michigan started their MAC campaign at a 2-2 clip. Since then they are 14-2. Yes, it is the MAC and Cuse will be playing in the friendly travel of Buffalo, NY but this is a Cuse team who can't seem to runaway with a game all year. 6 point win over SFNY, 8 pt win over Minn, 9 point win over Cal, 5 point win @St. Johns, 5 point win vs Miami, 10 point win @ BC, 12 point win @Miami, 10 point win @Wake, 6 point win vs ND, 13 point win vs Clemson, 3 point loss vs BC, 2 point win @ Maryland, and a 5 point loss vs Georgia Tech. That is 13 games in which Cuse is 11-2 and failed to cover this number. The best part? Those are only teams that DIDN'T make the tournament. Throw in a 19 point loss @UVA, 3 point loss vs NC ST, 6 point loss @ Duke, 1 point win vs NC St, 2 point win @ Pitt, 2 point win vs Duke, 12 point win vs UNC, 5 point win vs Pitt, and a 7 point win vs Baylor. That is 9 more games where Cuse failed to cover 13. So 22/32 games this team has failed to cover 13. If you toss out cupcakes Cornell, Fordham, Colgate, Bingahmton, High Point, and Eastern Michigan that makes 22/26 games. Do we get the point yet? No? Ok, well Cuse is known for their length and that pesky 2-3 zone, well along with 6-11 WMU center Shayne Wittington the WMU starting 5 rounds out with 2 6'6 , a 6'4, and a 6'3. WMU biggest issue is not being athletic enough to hang with run and gun teams...enough said. Cuse probably gets a win, but I wouldn't bet on it.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Good luck, never mind seeing you post. Dayton with the points looks like the play.
    Wow whats up, long time...of course as soon as you chime in I go against Cuse. You got a take on that game?

Cuse0323

Wow whats up, long time...of course as soon as you chime in I go against Cuse. You got a take on that game?
    I agree with ya, 13 is too much. Cuse can't score enough points and game probably in the 60's or a 70-60 type score. I heard the total was 128 but haven't seen anything official. I don't see a cover for Syracuse here and even if they're up double digits, it will be stall ball time and just trying to get out of there with a W.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Friday 3/21
    New Mexico -3 (2x)
    New Mexico seems to be clicking at the right time and a #7 seed even seems low for a very good team. They haven't lost a game by more then a basket since December 17th. Some would call New Mexico boring and some would call it good basketball but no one can argue that it is effective. Stanford is 5-9 against fellow tournament teams and have been mostly inconsistent all year. Stanford has banked on good passing and good decisions to get them wins this year. They run a triangle offense which thrives of timing and finding weaknesses in the defense. Can they do that against New Mexico? New Mexico is one of the better help defense teams and I am not sure they have much weakness to exploit except getting out and running. Both teams match up pretty well but at the end of the day New Mexicos defense will stifle Randle and this Stanford offense.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

I agree with ya, 13 is too much. Cuse can't score enough points and game probably in the 60's or a 70-60 type score. I heard the total was 128 but haven't seen anything official. I don't see a cover for Syracuse here and even if they're up double digits, it will be stall ball time and just trying to get out of there with a W.
    Well that is good to here. I nearly went with WMU for the outright win but I have faith in the Cuse. I like Dayton to beat OSU and think they can give Cuse fits if they shoot well. This Cuse team is disappointing. Being the most locally covered team for me they have always been a team I rooted for and the Flynn-Harris-Devendorf-Onuaku(?) team was one of my favorites ever. It is sad that this team hasn't played better ball but in crunch time they still have that Cuse magic.

Cuse0323

Well that is good to here. I nearly went with WMU for the outright win but I have faith in the Cuse. I like Dayton to beat OSU and think they can give Cuse fits if they shoot well. This Cuse team is disappointing. Being the most locally covered team for me they have always been a team I rooted for and the Flynn-Harris-Devendorf-Onuaku(?) team was one of my favorites ever. It is sad that this team hasn't played better ball but in crunch time they still have that Cuse magic.
    Crunch time is the key, they keep it close winning or losing besides Virginia 2H, so the points look great at this point. Never know, this team comes down to Cooney hitting shots and if he makes 5-10 or better then it's a big win but the usual 2 out of 12 lately and it's another battle. I would bank on the latter and another grindfest. Team needs more Flynn/Devo attitude.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Friday 3/21
    George Washington +3 (1x)
    George Washington plays its best basketball when their front court can play comfortable in the paint and carry them for stretches. A thin and undersized front line that has plagued Memphis several times this year is just the match up GW was looking for. GW has a lot of scoring options and match up problems for a lot of teams and are one of the more underrated teams this year. Quality wins @Manhattan, vs Creighton, vs Maryland, vs Boston, vs Georgia, vs VCU, vs St Joes, and vs Umass shows glimpses of what this team is capable of. They shoot and defend the 3 well and can force a lot of turnovers. This should be a good one but I like GW to mess up some brackets of people picking the sexy Memphis over UVA pick in the 2nd round.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Crunch time is the key, they keep it close winning or losing besides Virginia 2H, so the points look great at this point. Never know, this team comes down to Cooney hitting shots and if he makes 5-10 or better then it's a big win but the usual 2 out of 12 lately and it's another battle. I would bank on the latter and another grindfest. Team needs more Flynn/Devo attitude.
    Yes more attitude! Team seems like its going through the motions half the time. No excuse for these kids to not be whooping up on some of those ACC bottom dwellers. Ahhh to be young.

farmhouse1

Friday 3/21
    George Washington +3 (1x)
    George Washington plays its best basketball when their front court can play comfortable in the paint and carry them for stretches. A thin and undersized front line that has plagued Memphis several times this year is just the match up GW was looking for. GW has a lot of scoring options and match up problems for a lot of teams and are one of the more underrated teams this year. Quality wins @Manhattan, vs Creighton, vs Maryland, vs Boston, vs Georgia, vs VCU, vs St Joes, and vs Umass shows glimpses of what this team is capable of. They shoot and defend the 3 well and can force a lot of turnovers. This should be a good one but I like GW to mess up some brackets of people picking the sexy Memphis over UVA pick in the 2nd round.
    On then fence about is game but I definitely don't wanna back Memphis

farmhouse1

Thursday 3/20
    Dayton +5.5 (1x)
    I am an Ohio State football fan so naturally my alliance heads toward Ohio St in basketball as well. Unfortunately, they are terrible and going nowhere in this tournament. I have no problem betting against them every game until they finally bow out and my only sour note will be losing them as a fade. Daytons 11 deep attack could wear down a thin Ohio State team. OSU struggles to score when they are not getting turnovers and running in transition and a half court possession is hard to watch. The one player who can get to the rim is Aaron Craft and he is not a takeover type player. So usually OSU passes around the 3 pt line, a quick look inside, back out, and a jumper that normally clanks off the iron and into the hands of a defender given their terrible rebounding. But they can absolutely shut teams down for stretches and this should be a physical game. I am expecting Dayton to wear down Ohio St with their depth and win a tight game the 5.5 is so inflated in this game that will likely land in the 50's.
    Ohhh yeah buddy looking into this one some more myself and I'm really staring to like it

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thursday 3/20
    Cincinnati -3 (1x)
    Cincy has been one of my money makers all year but recently have hit a little lull. They can't score dynamically but they have the best two players on the floor with Kilpatrick and Jackson. Harvard is benefiting from some early season wins that look better then they were. GB, Vermont, and Boston were all considered tournament teams at one time but they got exposed. They then beat BC who had a ton of trouble in the ACC. Throw in some overtime clunkers against middle of the pack Ivy League team and I believe this spread is a product of Harvards yearly March love fest. I watched them in the Alaska shootout and was very impressed with the way they played but Cincinnati is one of the best, toughest, meanest teams in the country and when Harvard got cracks at other tourney teams Colorado and Conn (granted both on road) they lost by a combined 13 points. Fortunately, a 3 point win will keep me out of the loss column. Teams have really beaten up on Cincy getting more 3's to fall but Harvard really struggles in that area. Cincy isn't the best rebounding team but Harvard is bad and they did most of that in the Ivy. I think Cincy is too tough on defense and the glass to let this one slip away.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Ohhh yeah buddy looking into this one some more myself and I'm really staring to like it
    Waters warm on the Buckeye hater bandwagon, jump in! I am looking ahead and even like Dayton against Cuse and it's not really that I have a love affair with Dayton it's just Cuse and OSU have been fades for me. If thinks break right Dayton could find themselves in the Sweet 16.

On then fence about is game but I definitely don't wanna back Memphis
    At glance I liked Memphis but I was swung when I began reviewing my notes and some other things...tearing my ACL gave me wayyyyyyy too much time to analyze CBB all year and hopefully this is where it pays off.

farmhouse1

By the way, do you mind me asking how your doing in cbb? Sounds like you've been a long time fan and was just curious

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Friday 3/21
    North Carolina -4 (1x)
    For as many head scratching losses UNC has had they have a huge win to counter. Who else can say they beat Louisville, Michigan St, Kentucky, and Duke? Outside of Paige and sometimes McDonald this team is abysmal from behind the arc and it has cost them in games (vs Cuse). They went on an absolute tear after a January 20 loss against Virginia and closed the season losing @ Duke and nearly rallying back from a 3:30 17 point deficit against Pittsburgh. They are big and athletic and absolutely smash the glass. McAdoo has done better this year staying on the floor which was something of a season long headache last year for Roy Williams. Providence is the recent darlings of the Big East* tournament. The asterisk is warranted as this Big East has much less of a selection of good teams outside of Creighton and Villanova and an Xavier team that is middle of the road. They went 3-4 in those games. Add in losses @ Umass, vs UK, and they stand at 3-6 in against tournament teams. 2-1 against Creighton is impressive but this is a different animal. This is the NCAA Tournament and that Tarheel blue jersey staring at you that these kids grew up idolizing. How will Providence handle themselves? They have a number of head scratching losses when you consider how well they have played behind Bryce Cotton this year. This team isn't as great of a 3pt team as most would think and I don't think they can win a battle in the paint with McAdoo and UNC.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

By the way, do you mind me asking how your doing in cbb? Sounds like you've been a long time fan and was just curious
    I don't have a documented record but I can tell you I did very well in November and December. Dumped a little back in January, February was mostly break even, and just closed up a real big two weeks of conference tournaments. I have been a long time fan and tore my ACL a few days before the college season which took work and athletics out of my schedule. I basically have been sitting around driving myself nuts watching ball. When I was bed ridden after surgery in January I started keeping notes and observations on what I was watching. I have a lot of info at my disposal and feel better about this season then I have in years past.

This and NFL have always been two sports I've done the best in probably because I love these two sports. Also I have noticed my biggest days/weeks have come in neutral floor tournament settings in November or March...we will see how this one pans out but I am VERY confident.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thursday 3/20
    Connecticut -4 (1x)
    I haven't been on the St. Josephs bandwagon much this year. Too me they are what their record indicates; an above average A-10 team. When they get cracks at power conference teams they went 1-4 with the lone win coming against a miserable Washington St team. You can point to 2 wins over VCU and 3 wins over Dayton but they really got a break having to play GW and SLU once (both losses). Connecticut, especially Shabazz seem to love stepping up in tournament spots. They are a team who can say they beat Florida. They have plenty of good wins Florida, Memphis (three times), and Cincy (twice). With one of the best back courts in the nation things get tough on the opposition this time of year and St. Joes has struggled to find someone who can run the offense and make plays for others. Galloway is a great player but Shabazz is better. St. Joes also doesn't have much depth and Conn will have a rare bench advantage here. The Huskies protect the rim very well and at times can be suffocating on defense. They rank very well in a lot of key numbers and Joes inability to force turnovers will leave them short of extra opportunities they will need to pull of a mini-upset.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Thursday 3/20
    American +14 -120 (1.5x)
    14 points is a lot to give to a team as defensively sound as American is. They allow under 59 points per contest and while Wisconsin has shown how explosive they can be tournament time is when Bo likes to over coach and take the wind out of his teams sails. The Princeton offense and solid defense could make this a grind and those 14 points look like a whole bunch. American is close to the top shooting 49% on the year and 38% from 3. Neither team rebounds much and with Wisconsin already struggling for turnovers it makes this a much more straight forward game. Wisconsin wins....not by much.

First 1234 Last