Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Vegas doesn't think Kentucky can win this game ?

oh yeah they can.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

not if they stay in their current form and Florida shows up as usual

Snowball

so many bets today. Kentucky belongs a part of them.
    IMO you can tease them up, take them ATS, and take them ML.
    I did that.
    Last game Calipari thrown out.. but KY fought back into the game
    they are a team that needs to show the killer instinct
    My guess is Coach Cal fed them piss and vinegar
    they will come out shitting nails.

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky is a great play today,like the value in the ml good luck.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Lol. Gonna lose by 10. They don't seem that great lately.

Scratch 23
    Scratch 23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Line seems fishy. I'm in the mood for some veal or lambchops.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Senior day at UF to celebrate the 4 senior stars playing against the most over hyped freshman class in the history of basketball? Rowdy reptile fans camped out in tents for THE most important regular season game in Gator history (nosebleed seats are at $250). A perfect 18-0 in SEC play (that has never happened in the SEC) on the line, number 1 national ranking on the line, overall number 1 seeding in the NCAAt on the line.

AND TO TOP IT OFF, UF is playing it's arch nemesis in UK basketball. The team that represented the SEC for over a century, the team that has all the history, pomp and circumstance, the team that now represents everything that is wrong for basketball... Calipari and the One and Dones. Freshman versus Seniors, NBA "me, me, me" primadonnas versus teammates.

Gators can go undefeated at home for 2 straight years with this win. Do you really think the ML is a good bet?

Gators could come out tight and the first half could be close (they do have a tendency to start slow) but I think they come out blazing and punch UK in the mouth. UK's problem is that they don't shoot real well, they also turn the ball over a bunch and they don't run offensive sets. They just dribble drive, one on one and hope to get a rebound. If they usually don't get the benefit of the whistle, they are in deep doodoo.

Either way, I'd look at the under as both teams go in scoring droughts unless UK tries to uptempo which would not be smart. But the best bet will be to take UF 2nd half regardless of the line. UF's bench is DEEP and Billy Donovan is a much better x's and o's guy at the break.

CBBPhenom

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Senior day at UF to celebrate the 4 senior stars playing against the most over hyped freshman class in the history of basketball? Rowdy reptile fans camped out in tents for THE most important regular season game in Gator history (nosebleed seats are at $250). A perfect 18-0 in SEC play (that has never happened in the SEC) on the line, number 1 national ranking on the line, overall number 1 seeding in the NCAAt on the line.

AND TO TOP IT OFF, UF is playing it's arch nemesis in UK basketball. The team that represented the SEC for over a century, the team that has all the history, pomp and circumstance, the team that now represents everything that is wrong for basketball... Calipari and the One and Dones. Freshman versus Seniors, NBA "me, me, me" primadonnas versus teammates.

Gators can go undefeated at home for 2 straight years with this win. Do you really think the ML is a good bet?

Gators could come out tight and the first half could be close (they do have a tendency to start slow) but I think they come out blazing and punch UK in the mouth. UK's problem is that they don't shoot real well, they also turn the ball over a bunch and they don't run offensive sets. They just dribble drive, one on one and hope to get a rebound. If they usually don't get the benefit of the whistle, they are in deep doodoo.

Either way, I'd look at the under as both teams go in scoring droughts unless UK tries to uptempo which would not be smart. But the best bet will be to take UF 2nd half regardless of the line. UF's bench is DEEP and Billy Donovan is a much better x's and o's guy at the break.
    Thank you for insightful post. Think this one gets decided on the boards. If Florida doesn't shoot well they're not getting a second shot vs the 5th best rebounding team. I think the pressure you discuss plays to a let down. Good luck. Hoping for some crashing the board help to lift this young squad for a much needed confidence boosting win to jump start a tourney run for an inexperienced team who is dead in the water without this win. Calipari will have these kids motivated for this one
    Last edited by CBBPhenom; 03-08-14 at 09:55 AM.

Snowball

we'll see.. like i said, just one play on a massive card.
    no big deal if it loses.
    Great comments, Mac, but remember... this is basketball, not football.

Mac4Lyfe

I agree. Rebounding will be very key in this game. If UK can dominate the boards on offense and defense, they will have a great shot. But, I also think the refs are the most important piece. If they don't allow UK a lot of pushing, shoving and going over the back or they call Randle every time he's shuffling his feet, then UK could be in trouble.

The game will also come down to the twins. If they play poorly (which I expect on the road) then UK has no chance. I suspect they both will commit several WTF turnovers and poor shot selections. The O'Dome is a tough place to play and can be difficult for shooters. That does not bode well for UK. I think UF will pack the key and force UK to win from outside which will be a tough task.

This game really should be more hyped. I understand Duke/UNC but playing this game so early is a smack in the SEC's face IMO. The SEC is getting no respect in BB (a lot deserved in past years). This year the SEC has had some good OOC wins but teams beat up on each other in conference. I'm hoping the conference can get 5 teams in. Teams like UK, Arky, UT, LSU or even Georgia could go on a nice run in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by CBBPhenom View Post
    Thank you for insightful post. Think this one gets decided on the boards. If Florida doesn't shoot well they're not getting a second shot vs the 5th best rebounding team. I think the pressure you discuss plays to a let down. Good luck. Hoping for some crashing the board help to lift this young squad for a much needed confidence boosting win to jump start a tourney run for an inexperienced team who is dead in the water without this win. Calipari will have these kids motivated for this one

Snowball

Florida going to need 3's too.
    we'll see.. ball don't lie.

bowers1989
    bowers1989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

They look so sloppy lol. Being out classed. So far at least much more game left

Mac4Lyfe

Gators with 44 points already in the first half with 2 minutes still left to play.

This is about the biggest ass kicking I've ever seen in a half. OMG.

Mac4Lyfe

UF has inserted Kurtz, a walkon in the game in THE FIRST HALF...

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I dont see how anyone can like kentucky in this game especially with how poorly theyve been playing.. i was looking at it like you Mac, florida is an actual team and UK does not play well together. i was on florida 1h in my thread.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Snowball is on the lam

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

covering the spread for a second

Mac4Lyfe

UK making a huge run backed by the refs. Calling ticky tack on UF and allowing UK to foul at will. Unreal how the refs can change a game. Bullshit travel calls on UF and no call on the same move for UK. UK will slow down soon wnough without a bench.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

finally some calls for florida

Snowball

heh.. well the refs stopped helping KY as soon as they got in scratching distance.

Mac4Lyfe

UK really needs more cohesiveness. It looks like Cal really hasn't coached them up BUT it's hard to coach up a team of mainly incoming freshman. You don't have enough time. UK's offense is horrible, nobody moves without the ball and guys in poor position. It's very haphazard. Then the defense is out of place at times too. They have the talent but none of it works well together. Smart guard play and outside shooting is there biggest problem. There best bet is mucking up the game and playing dirty in the paint.

As an SEC fan, I hope they can make a run in the tourney but I could see them losing very early too.

CBBPhenom

UK really needs more cohesiveness. It looks like Cal really hasn't coached them up BUT it's hard to coach up a team of mainly incoming freshman. You don't have enough time. UK's offense is horrible, nobody moves without the ball and guys in poor position. It's very haphazard. Then the defense is out of place at times too. They have the talent but none of it works well together. Smart guard play and outside shooting is there biggest problem. There best bet is mucking up the game and playing dirty in the paint.

As an SEC fan, I hope they can make a run in the tourney but I could see them losing very early too.
    great read on today's game, should have listened to you. You obviously know your sec. Kentucky is not a sweet 16 team

Snowball

i knew Kentucky was soft it was just one game i thought they might
    have a hot day ... they are not sweet sixteen i agree.

CBBPhenom

Id like to get your prediction on tenn vs fla if it happens. Can tenn win?