Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I'm a huge Wiggins fan & I don't believe they should earn a #1 seed.
    If Princeton or Harvard or Yale or Penn went undefeated & covered DD spreads all year would you give them a #1 seed & still rest on the argument that "It's hard to go undefeated in ANY conference"?
    I doubt it. Ivy League or Sun Belt or Horizon or Patriot league. Doesn't matter. Strength of schedule has to be considered when making these types of decisions.
    Vegas would have them a #2 seed.

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Thought this was pretty interesting...Per ESPN STATS & INFO:

@ESPNStatsInfo: Of the 11 teams before Wichita State to go 30-0 and play in the NCAA Tournament, 6 won the title, and only 1 failed to reach the Final Four

the first thing I'm doing when the brackets are released is drag Wichita to my final 4. Some of you clearly haven't watched them play ball. They are well coached. Have big and experience guards and can stretch the floor with their bigs. They also play tremendous defense and team basketball. This team is the real deal gentlemen.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

cleveland state is 21-7 ats. They can be a cindarella team with those numbers. They lost by only 6 points in Kentucky covering a 25 ats spread, the can get the W in a neutral court.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Quote Originally Posted by TakingVegasMoney View Post

@ESPNStatsInfo: Of the 11 teams before Wichita State to go 30-0 and play in the NCAA Tournament, 6 won the title, and only 1 failed to reach the Final Four

the first thing I'm doing when the brackets are released is drag Wichita to my final 4. Some of you clearly haven't watched them play ball. They are well coached. Have big and experience guards and can stretch the floor with their bigs. They also play tremendous defense and team basketball. This team is the real deal gentlemen.
    That is the way of thinking. No problems or assumptions.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

If they win their tourney, bank on them being a #1 seed.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TakingVegasMoney View Post

And the 1 that failed to reach the Final Four? St. Joseph's, who like Wichita State and unlike most of the other 30-0 teams, came from a mid-major. In fact, how many of those 30-0 teams besides St. Joe's were not from major conferences? I could only think of two off the top of my head: UNLV and Indiana State with Larry Bird.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    And the 1 that failed to reach the Final Four? St. Joseph's, who like Wichita State and unlike most of the other 30-0 teams, came from a mid-major. In fact, how many of those 30-0 teams besides St. Joe's were not from major conferences? I could only think of two off the top of my head: UNLV and Indiana State with Larry Bird.
    You seem low on wich st

Can I ask why?

They're a proven commodity. This isn't just a one time flash in the pan.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Fade Wicht State in tournament = guaranteed profit

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Another interesting stat is that four teams have gone 30-0 after going to the Final Four the previous season. All four previous teams made it back to the Final Four and two of those teams won it all. Wichita State now makes the fifth team to gain that stat.

I think Wichita State is pretty much a lock to make it back to the Final Four.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    You seem low on wich st

Can I ask why?

They're a proven commodity. This isn't just a one time flash in the pan.
    I am not "low", it is just that I think most if not all of the 2 and 3 seeds this year (and maybe even one or two 4-seeds) will be favored over them. Just about all of the reputable power ratings have then ranked in the teens.

TakingVegasMoney

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Another interesting stat is that four teams have gone 30-0 after going to the Final Four the previous season. All four previous teams made it back to the Final Four and two of those teams won it all. Wichita State now makes the fifth team to gain that stat.

I think Wichita State is pretty much a lock to make it back to the Final Four.
    Oh wow. Didn't know that. Good stat

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I am not "low", it is just that I think most if not all of the 2 and 3 seeds this year (and maybe even one or two 4-seeds) will be favored over them. Just about all of the reputable power ratings have then ranked in the teens.
    No... you arent even close... gl in the tourney

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

WRONG!

I know someone has to have brought it up, but Gonzaga was such a bad #1 seed. With that lesbo more concerned about his hair

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Maybe but that's an honor most teams in the country would be happy to take.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

"has all the makings of Gonzaga last year" sounds pretty low to me

that has them being beaten by an 8 or 9

LT Profits

"has all the makings of Gonzaga last year" sounds pretty low to me

that has them being beaten by an 8 or 9
    That was more of a reference to Wichita State probably being the first one-seed to get knocked out, I do think they win one more game than Gonzaga did to get to Sweet 16.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    No... you arent even close... gl in the tourney
    Again, they are ranked in the teens on the ratings that matter, so it is virtually a given that the two and three seeds will be favored over them.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Louisville's schedule is NO more difficult than Wichita St

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

That was more of a reference to Wichita State probably being the first one-seed to get knocked out, I do think they win one more game than Gonzaga did to get to Sweet 16.
    all of the 1's except maybe UF are susceptible to getting beaten early imo

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Wichita st. I feel is better they dont rely on carl hall anymore inside they are more seasoned after tasting success last yr. Your calling out the wrong team i am considering a futures on them at +1000 as of now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

raydog

Again, they are ranked in the teens on the ratings that matter, so it is virtually a given that the two and three seeds will be favored over them.
    wow, you are as clueless as the rest... gl in the tourney and when you are wrong, maybe it will help you in the future...

LT Profits

wow, you are as clueless as the rest... gl in the tourney and when you are wrong, maybe it will help you in the future...
    I don't get where you are coming from? Wichita State will be over-seeded as a 1. I am assuming that the 2's and 3's as projected right now will be seeded properly. The oddsmakers don't care about seedings, they set their their lines off of the ratings, and as I said, all of the reputable ones have Wichita State in the teens. It's not like I am talking about anything earth-shattering here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Not cluelsess. They're a great team, but that schedule is sub-par in comparison to the elite teams.
    Regular season schedule is going ti have little impact on a team that went to the final four last year that is returning nearly all the same players. Yea they played a weak schedule and they dominated it.
    They went deep last year this won't be new for them. The coach is incredibly underrated.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Regular season schedule is going ti have little impact on a team that went to the final four last year that is returning nearly all the same players. Yea they played a weak schedule and they dominated it.
    They went deep last year this won't be new for them. The coach is incredibly underrated.
    It seems there are two different conversations going on, one being how far Wichita State will go and the other being what their lines will be. The first one is a matter of opinion, but as for the second one, their weak schedule this year is the very reason why they are ranked anywhere from 13th to 17th on the power ratings I have seen, what happened last year has no bearing on that (other than setting a baseline for the opening ratings way back when). Thus, they will certainly be underdogs to at least 10 lower seeds. Now some may see that as great value on the Shockers (raydog to name one), which is fine. But my main point is they WILL be dogs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

LT is dead on about the lines/odds

i'd venture to say that vegas will have them around 8th-10th for the shortest odd on championship/final four futures but on a game by game basis they will likely be dogs facing 2's

that said i disagree with them maybe being a sweet 16 team....they're way too well rounded and get great guard play...see them elite 8 or ff again...depending on the draw

TakingVegasMoney

I agree that Wichita will definitely be dogs and that'll be tremendous value for those who like them to advance. Everyone and their mothers is going to try and be cute when it reaches the sweet 16 and predict them to lose. I'm riding them right to the FF.. Maybe even the Finals

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

nice to see with all the changes around here OP still remains one of least knowledgeable posters in the history of gambling forums.. lets see if i have this right, a team that was in the final 4 last year is the "weakest 1 seed in history" simply because their conf was incredibly bad this year??.. keep up the great work clown..

raydog

I don't get where you are coming from? Wichita State will be over-seeded as a 1. I am assuming that the 2's and 3's as projected right now will be seeded properly. The oddsmakers don't care about seedings, they set their their lines off of the ratings, and as I said, all of the reputable ones have Wichita State in the teens. It's not like I am talking about anything earth-shattering here.
    i couldnt care less about seeding either... could you tell us who you are using as the "reputable power rankers" ... for shits and giggles, how many top 12 teams do you have that would be favored over whichi st.? ... the ratings you are talking about are merely a small part of modeling lines...

im still waiting...
    Last edited by raydog; 03-05-14 at 08:37 PM.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

You must not have seen Gonzaga last year.

LT Profits

i couldnt care less about seeding either... could you tell us who you are using as the "reputable power rankers" ... for shits and giggles, how many top 12 teams do you have that would be favored over whichi st.?
    I would normally say ALL of them considering the games are on neutral courts, but #11 and #12 are close enough to be Pick or maybe even Wichita State -1 if books factor in "sentiment". But the top 10 would almost certainly be favored. Here is an average of like 5 of the best power ratings:

team power
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Arizona 74.88
    2 Louisville 73.26
    3 Duke 72.41
    4 Kansas 71.85
    5 Florida 71.27
    6 Villanova 71.11
    7 Virginia 71.02
    8 Creighton 69.76
    9 Michigan 69.67
    10 Wisconsin 69.39
    11 Iowa 68.88
    12 UCLA 68.42
    13 Wichita State 68.26

I admit that I don't get the Iowa love either (some ratings have them in the Elite Eight ), and I am not as high on UCLA as the computers, but it is what it is.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

you know they're gonna get a shit draw. that's the real conversation to have. watch, they'll have to face an 8 like oklahoma state or some team no one wants to see...teams with more talent than a normal 8. the committee always tries to get rid of mid major teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

LT Profits

i couldnt care less about seeding either... could you tell us who you are using as the "reputable power rankers" ... for shits and giggles, how many top 12 teams do you have that would be favored over whichi st.? ... the ratings you are talking about are merely a small part of modeling lines...

im still waiting...
    A lot of them are at Todd Beck's site. http://www.thepredictiontracker.com/ I think the average I posted above also includes teamrankings.com

raydog

i thought you were better than this, i was wrong... goodluck

LT Profits

Also note that only 3 points separates Wichita State from fifth, do it's not like they would be BIG dogs or anything like that.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

LT is dead on about the lines/odds

i'd venture to say that vegas will have them around 8th-10th for the shortest odd on championship/final four futures but on a game by game basis they will likely be dogs facing 2's

that said i disagree with them maybe being a sweet 16 team....they're way too well rounded and get great guard play...see them elite 8 or ff again...depending on the draw
    time shall tell

First 123 Last