stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Are you watching the Witchita State game on ESPN?

If so, check in, I have a question?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Yes

stevenash

Don't you love being told 6 times everty ten real time minutes for the last hour that we are on the verge of perfection?
    I really want to choke the life out of these two announcers, and I am on the correct side of the under wager, it's not like this is sour grapes.

There is a reason why Sagarin has them rated 18th best.

SoS sucks, they played nobody.
    The SoS is 128, a mediocre schedule in a piss poor conference.

They played no top 25's all season, and only 3 top 50 games.

This is not a superteam, media needs to get off their rooster, they ain't going far in March.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Thought you were gonna ask why arnt they milking the clock up 20.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Thought you were gonna ask why arnt they milking the clock up 20.
    Thanks for dropping by with your pain staking analysis

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

They will lose in march

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

nasher to be fair they are repeating final four team and theyre just playing the schedule thats in front of them

i dont think theyre #2 in the country but who thought they go to the ff last year?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

They've only squeaked out one win, none of the other games were close. This team is so fun to watch.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    They will lose in march
    Good luck with anyone trying to stop them!

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

What's their odds to win it all now? Wasn't it still like +2000 a couple weeks ago? Vegas knows this team is an early round exit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They proved last year was no fluke

Great defense..hard to go undefeated even in High School

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    They will lose in march
    they just won in March.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Don't you love being told 6 times everty ten real time minutes for the last hour that we are on the verge of perfection?
    I really want to choke the life out of these two announcers, and I am on the correct side of the under wager, it's not like this is sour grapes.

This is not a superteam, media needs to get off their rooster, they ain't going far in March.
    #18 in the nation is still a very good team. i think thats a fair rating too

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I had them in the final 4 last year (a few others did too to be fair), and most likely will again this season.....

They are very well coached and well rounded......Not the most talented but experienced

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Good luck with anyone trying to stop them!
    They played three teams in the top 50, none in the top 25, and there are at least 7 tournament bound teams that can beat them by DD's

If that State school from Kansas played in the ACC, they have 7 losses right now, and sitting maybe 18th in the national polls.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    #18 in the nation is still a very good team. i think thats a fair rating too
    Exactly, but not a superteam for the ages. A good team that feasted all season on twinkies

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They played three teams in the top 50, none in the top 25, and there are at least 7 tournament bound teams that can beat them by DD's

If that State school from Kansas played in the ACC, they have 7 losses right now, and sitting maybe 18th in the national polls.
    Just because they haven't played a good schedule doesn't make them any worse than what they are though.....I think the final four run last season proved that they are legit program

We will find out soon enough

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

No team in history has went undefeated though Steve Nash common now

TeeRose
    TeeRose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    No team in history has went undefeated though Steve Nash common now
    It's not about being Undefeated, it's about being tested, a team with a 21-13 record could be better then a team with a 30-4 record, a team with a 30-4 record could just have a pretty record that has not played quality teams.
    Last edited by TeeRose; 03-01-14 at 04:08 PM.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Exactly, but not a superteam for the ages. A good team that feasted all season on twinkies
    obviously.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

They beat Saint Louis who is #10 right now.

They don't have the best resume but they win and they showed they can beat good teams last year. Most of e players are back too so you need to give credit where it's due.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

people will make excuses not to pick them and will do so at their own peril

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    They beat Saint Louis who is #10 right now.

They don't have the best resume but they win and they showed they can beat good teams last year. Most of e players are back too so you need to give credit where it's due.

Saint Louis also just lost this week ranked between 150-200 in college hoops. Wichita is good, but should run into trouble come March. 3rd round exit is my prediction, depending on who's in that bracket of course.

Still impressive to run through the season though.

Ted Sheckler

What do you think they'd place in the
    BIG10
    BIG12
    SEC
    ACC
    AAC
    PAC12 or whatever it is

I would guess around 2-3 in most of those. Battling all season wears on you, they aren't necessarily battle tested and likely will be "fresh" going into tournament, which will help them out.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Saint Louis also just lost this week ranked between 150-200 in college hoops. Wichita is good, but should run into trouble come March. 3rd round exit is my prediction, depending on who's in that bracket of course.

Still impressive to run through the season though.
    SLU was on a 19 game win streak before they lost to Duquesne so you're kinda cherry picking there. If they played an excellent 8 or 9 seed they could lose but they have the Defense to keep them in games while their shooting isn't working. And when their shooting is working, good luck.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    SLU was on a 19 game win streak before they lost to Duquesne so you're kinda cherry picking there. If they played an excellent 8 or 9 seed they could lose but they have the Defense to keep them in games while their shooting isn't working. And when their shooting is working, good luck.
    Syracuse 25-0 run to start was MUCH more impressive than Wichita undefeated season, in my opinion.
    Like Wichita, Saint Louis doesn't play in the toughest of conferences either, but still better than the MVC.
    Wichita is good, but I don't believe they'll go far in the tourney. They won't be that "cinderella" team that nobody knew about like last year. People know about them. Seems to always be a cinderella team, that nobody knows about...We'll see how Wichita does in the tourney when all the pressure is on them, playing against good teams.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Syracuse 25-0 run to start was MUCH more impressive than Wichita undefeated season, in my opinion.
    Like Wichita, Saint Louis doesn't play in the toughest of conferences either, but still better than the MVC.
    Wichita is good, but I don't believe they'll go far in the tourney. They won't be that "cinderella" team that nobody knew about like last year. People know about them. Seems to always be a cinderella team, that nobody knows about...We'll see how Wichita does in the tourney when all the pressure is on them, playing against good teams.
    They are not a cinderella team...they are as legit as it gets!

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    They are not a cinderella team...they are as legit as it gets!

They won't be that cinderella team like last year. Every game they'll have a target on their back this tourney. I'm sure plenty of people had no idea who they were last year, everyone knows them this year. Last year was a no stress tourney for them, since nobody expected great things...Now they'll have a potential #1 seed and they'll be trying to prove every game that they deserved it. Gonna be much tougher.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

They won't be that cinderella team like last year. Every game they'll have a target on their back this tourney. I'm sure plenty of people had no idea who they were last year, everyone knows them this year. Last year was a no stress tourney for them, since nobody expected great things...Now they'll have a potential #1 seed and they'll be trying to prove every game that they deserved it. Gonna be much tougher.
    I wasn't one of em. And let me tell you I am no homer. live in NJ and forget about knowing the team I didn't even know there was a town called Wichita in MO. Started tailing a poster here last year and they covered a few games and was impressed so put 100 for them to go to final four and helped me win 3500. There was no way I wasn't betting them this year and they are great ATS so I am more than happy. If I lose the future I made this year for them to go to Final four and to win the Championship I have no regrets.