bphone
    bphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Bphone's picks

I've played with fake money all year long and joined Bodog 2 weeks ago. Currently I am at 25% profit with a positive record on NCAA betting. Not a guru or anything and new to betting but heh, this is a forum :

Michigan - 5 1/2 :
    I like the way Michigan is playing lately. Extremely solid team, Stauskas playing with a load of confidence AND Purdue has been on a downfall getting shit on game after game. This is IMO the most solid pick of the day. Even on the road.

West Virginia +10 :
    Basketball is a game of matchups and the W.Virg defence is decent at stopping Iowa st.'s destructive offense. I think that Iowa st. is going to win the game at home, but not by more than 10 pts.

North Carolina -4 1/2:
    UNC is just playing REALLY, REALLY solid basketball as of now. Even if it will be an intense game where the crown could get into their head on the road, I don't see them losing to NC state the way they have been playing last week

Things that I have not locked in:

I like betting against Pittsburgh lately, and against an improved boston college team at home, I am tempted to take BCU +7. Might lock in later

Villanova isn't blowing up anyone lately (they win, but they don't blow up teams). They won by 3 at Baylor earlier this year so Butler +15 is tempting.

UConn who won 83-40 at home vs Miami and now has -11 against them on their turf... I haven't seen the game, but looking at numbers it seems like good odds!
    Last edited by bphone; 02-26-14 at 02:35 PM.

CarnieNation
    CarnieNation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Totally with you on Michigan...I got in at -5. I'm also thinkin Towson. Not a team I've watched very much of but the #s tell me they'll cover 1.5.

bphone

I hate betting on teams that I never watched... lot of failures doing so

I have yet to watch a Towson game, maybe I should do that tonight!

bphone

Well... that was a terrible night for me... at least I also had Portland -2 in the NBA who should cover

Better luck tomorrow!

0-3-0 for NCAA today

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

getv it back tomorrow

bphone

My picks for Thursday the 27th

Troy -3:
    Troy won by 13 against UALR on the road and I don't believe in the revenge theories, especially on the road! Basketball is a game of matchup and I think Troy got this one, and I'll take the 3 extra points!

Fordham +11:
    Must win game for VCU, however, Fordham lost by 16 on the road and now they play in their own building, I think VCU got this, but doesn't cover the spread

Gonzaga -5:
    I had success betting against gonzaga this season, but this is a mismatch game and I see them easily winning by 5. Probably my most confident game of the night. P.S. they blew them by 22 pts at home.

Penn State +6:
    I like to take against the inconsistent buckeyes. Penn state won on the road vs Ohio st., and as I said before, I don't like revenge theories, Ohio st. might take revenge, but I like my +6!

Tempting: St-Louis and Louisville are playing on a gigantic spread, even if at home, I'm not sure Louisville will cover a 20+ spread, and St-Louis -14

Edit : REALLY like Western Kentucky -2 vs Texas State!! Locking in into that!

Also locked in Marquette -4 vs Gtown

Officially on 6 games tonight... let's hope for the best!
    Last edited by bphone; 02-27-14 at 03:33 PM.

bphone

Tough day again... Marquette and Western Kentucky with the wins, but they didn't cover the spread :/

2-7-0 this week

Tonight, I'm going with Harvard -23 and Seton Hall -3 1/2

bphone

Moving to 3-8-0, You can also do the opposite of what I do if you want to earn money it would seem

Tonight:

Temple -3½

Iowa State +3

Michigan -3
    Last edited by bphone; 03-04-14 at 02:40 PM.

bphone

So I moved up to 5-9-0 on march 4th... Yesterday I had Oregon State +9½ because Arizona rarely wins by large margins... and it won! moving me up to 6-9-0. I'm waiting for the spread but I'm probably gonna go on Michigan st. tonight! ... sorry for the bad formatting... enter key is not working O.o
    Last edited by bphone; 03-06-14 at 09:55 AM.

bphone

Tonight I am going with

Cincinnati -5½

Villanova -3

Michigan State -4½

Va Commonwealth -6½

bphone

VCU won by 6 would have been a perfect day otherwise!!!!

Today I locked in Harvard -6 1/2, it also won

I am now 10-10-0

can't wait for the games tomorrow!

P.S. any reason why I am not getting any interaction?

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gl to you tomorrow

bphone

At noon, I went with:

Cincinnati -8½
    Kansas -5½
    Kentucky +9
    Memphis -4½

Cincinnati is on a roll, they cover almost every game in the past 5-6, I love them lately, will stay with them!

Kansas: I think they need to make a statement win tonight to show they are real threat.

Kentucky: Florida will win, I love the +9 though

Memphis: SMU doesn't impress me, home court, wasn't sure about this one but I felt Memphis

I am now going with

Missouri State +15 : Wichita st. is the real deal, I love them and will put them far in the big dance, however, this last matchup went in OT so I really love the +15

Oregon +3½ : I just don't like Arizona very much and Oregon has been on a roll trying to improve the resume to enter the tournament. They are at home, I love this.

Texas -1 1/2: Overall my favorite pick of the day!

Pittsburgh -2 : They murdered Clemson by 30 earlier this season. Even on the road, and even if I hate Shittsburgh, they got this.

Michigan -9 1/2: I really love Michigan lately and their stadium is a hard place to play in.

San Diego State -4½: New Mexico is not a good team, SD st. got this easy.
    North Carolina +8½: Just like every Duke-UNC game, this one will go down to the final seconds. Duke has not been playing well lately, no reason for a 8 point handicap! I think I will even parlay this one with Texas.

Providence +11½ : Creighton has been playing awful basketball lately... they have a tough time dealing with some injuries that added depth to the team. Providence is a good team, pretty confident they will cover!
    Last edited by bphone; 03-09-14 at 01:15 PM.

bphone

What a terrible night for me yesterday :/ 3-9-0....

Overall record now 13-19-0

For today :

Massachusetts -3 : Saint-Louis is just bad... no clue why they are ranked so high... I expect an easy win from massa

Syracuse -3½ : We're gonna see the real Syracuse get out of the slump today, REALLY love this pick

Virginia -4: Could be tight, Maryland very solid at home, but I like the streak of awesomeness Virginia is rolling on

Wichita State -13: Never am I betting against them again... even with large spreads, these guys are the real deal... they give no love to opponents

Hope I do better today!!!
    Last edited by bphone; 03-09-14 at 04:10 PM.