I am the one
    I am the one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Syracuse vs Maryland - What's the play?

In any chance in hell Syracuse doesn't cover?

What side are you on?

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking the same thing. Why is it so low? Injuries? Trap game?

I really want to hammer it before tomorrow, I think the line will go up. I don't know Maryland at all though, don't know how they play, and not so sure about cuse on the road.

Just based on the record. (I know it's not a good way to look at games)

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Maryland struggles to shoot from the 3 point line, but they will give the Cuse trouble in one area, offensive rebounding. One of the weaknesses of the 2-3 zone is that boxing out is a little more difficult as you are playing an area and not a man. Maryland has some beef inside that should be able to generate a number of 2nd chances.

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

Ya I'm wondering what everyone is doing on this . Want to slam cuse

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Syracuse has to be dead tired I like Maryland been playing well lately 5 players average double figures and good home team

beantown34
    beantown34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3348

You think Syracuse loses 3 straight ? Idk it's tough to go against

LoveSosa
    LoveSosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

Quote Originally Posted by beantown34 View Post
    You think Syracuse loses 3 straight ? Idk it's tough to go against
    and after that last games call they are out for blood. No way these guys lose 3 straight. I feel they will cover easily

totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

win yea, cover idk, line is only -3 should be 5-6 if cuse is going to win as easily as ppl think

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

maybe because cuse sucks and hasnt covered in forever?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Cuse loses two games and all of a sudden they "suck"...

Overreaction on at its finest. Play ball boys, play ball.

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

At least one of the Syracuse players (maybe others that haven't spoke up) blame the loss on the coach's technicals. What's going to be the morale in that locker room? The players are tired and probably don't have much confidence right now. They don't have much time to shake it off either. On the other side, Maryland will be playing with 5 days rest at home. They played Virginia tough and came within 2 points of beating Duke on the road in the last week. They need a signature win and might get it tomorrow. Maryland could be the play. I know it's hard to imagine Syracuse losing 3 straight, but they're in a tough situation right now.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw123 View Post
    At least one of the Syracuse players (maybe others that haven't spoke up) blame the loss on the coach's technicals. What's going to be the morale in that locker room? The players are tired and probably don't have much confidence right now. They don't have much time to shake it off either. On the other side, Maryland will be playing with 5 days rest at home. They played Virginia tough and came within 2 points of beating Duke on the road in the last week. They need a signature win and might get it tomorrow. Maryland could be the play. I know it's hard to imagine Syracuse losing 3 straight, but they're in a tough situation right now.
    Jim Has complete control of their morale. They won't let last week take a toll on this week. Guarantee. There is reason that this guy is a hall of fame coach. He knows what he's doing.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Syracuse will have to find some offense if they expect to cover. They already have a hard enough time covering at home.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1673

It is a short price, terps almost won at Duke....but dont think Syc. will loose 3 str........a pass for me....but Mitchell is a beast inside and contrary to what people think, Wells and Layman can hit the 3's....who knows.?
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 02-24-14 at 04:06 AM. Reason: add

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Syracuse usually doesnt blow anyone out most of the time. Dogs have a shot of covering in large spreads but cuse usually extends or takes a lead during the final second half minutes with turnovers and great defense. Cuse should win by 6 or 7 as long as they have their head on straight...

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Syracuse

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

Cuse has only scored only 70 twice in acc play so if Maryland wants to win they need to score and since cuse like to play down to their competition this game could get interesting

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

I think cuse ML could be the play. I don't think they will lose 3 straight but the 4 could be too many to lay on the road vs a team who is playing pretty good ball

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

Well I bet cuse wins today cause they DEFINITELY not winning saturday vs virginia and they probably know that too so they know they need to win this game

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

team has been an under machine dont over think this

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Maryland tends to play well in big games at home. Same goes with their football program. This game could come down to the wire.

Parlaying Syracuse ML/ Oklahoma St. ML/ Golden St. Warriors ML

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw123 View Post
    At least one of the Syracuse players (maybe others that haven't spoke up) blame the loss on the coach's technicals. What's going to be the morale in that locker room?
    which player?

link? sounds like BS

TakingVegasMoney

I locked in ML at -200. Too many points to lay for me.

BOL everyone

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I capped this game and have cuse winning by 6 and the total at 132. I'll be on cuse-4.5 simply because I have it at 6 and they have got to be pissed off from losing 2 in a row and the way the last game ended. Staying off the total. GL

ncwahoowa
    ncwahoowa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 359

On Maryland +4.5 and ML. Too many points for a team that's lost to BC at home followed by such an emotional loss at Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse loses 4-5 of their last 6 games. Definitely going to lose saturday!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Maryland will win tonight.

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    which player?

link? sounds like BS

It was CJ Fair saying that if Boeheim didn't get the Technical then maybe they would've had a chance to win still. It was only a quote and the media could have taken it out of context, but He def did say it.

TakingVegasMoney

I don't think what Fair said matters. He is stating the truth. Boeheim will even acknowledge he lost them the game by giving Duke 4 FTs. He will have his guys out & ready to play tonight. Plus, I don't see them losing 3 in a row.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    It was CJ Fair saying that if Boeheim didn't get the Technical then maybe they would've had a chance to win still.
    big difference between saying maybe we could have still won & it was the coaches fault that we lost

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

these players trust their coach. c'mon now, this isn't some run of the mill guy... its Jim Boeheim

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

and on that note I think cuse has the tools to cover here. maryland chucks jump shots, missed shots lead to run outs, especially with cuse 2-3 zone. maryland bigs wont be able to guard fair, grant, etc. Ennis a facilitator who wont shoot as bad as he did against duke.

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Maryland will win tonight.
    Sick insight..... Anyway's I cannot see Cuse losing at all. Whether Fair said something or not, that should not affect this team. Keita is finally back, and Cuse will not lose its 3rd straight games. When I saw this line, my jaw dropped. I locked it in last night at -2.5 and now its around -4.5. I still see the line moving a little more.

Maryland will not be able to roll with Cuse the whole game. The zone is too much for them, they better be hot from the 3 pt. line or this game is over in the first 10 min.

Lets get it Cuse!

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Depends, someone go ask cooney if he is done playing like a he's been boozing it up non-stop. If He could have hit a shot to save his life cuse would still be undefeated. If cuse doesn't hit 3's the defense collapses and it makes life miserable for fair, grant and even ennis.

Still have to think there is value here with Cuse.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

However, lets not forget that Syracuse lost 4 out of their last 5 regular season games last year, and they were looking solid all season. They did play well in the Big East Tourney and the NCAA's so who knows. Definitely not worth a large bet.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    and on that note I think cuse has the tools to cover here. maryland chucks jump shots, missed shots lead to run outs, especially with cuse 2-3 zone. maryland bigs wont be able to guard fair, grant, etc. Ennis a facilitator who wont shoot as bad as he did against duke.
    all you need to know

12 Last