smoky24246
    Update your status
    smoky24246's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Memphis Vs. Rutgers

Memphis -8.5? should be a safe bet since they whooped them by almost 40 last game.
    any thoughts?
    Last edited by smoky24246; 02-20-14 at 04:36 AM. Reason: missed spelt

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I think they win this pretty easily too - am putting them (ML) as 1 of 3 teams in a parlay.
    Leaning UNC (+6) and Arkansas St. (ML)

SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

ML Memphis is probably safe, but I would say Rutgers is actually the play +9. Rutgers usually struggles against teams that can pressure their guards and throw off their offense (which is weak to begin with.) Anyone watch Memphis specifically and know how their guards are defensively. I know they have Joe Jackson who is a pretty good defender, but do they have a second guard that can cause problems? Also, this game is at Rutgers and the weather is supposedly nice in NJ for once tonight so that means there will be a decent crowd at the RAC. And weird things happen at the RAC when Rutgers plays a ranked team...I remember UNC being top 10 a couple years ago and losing to a bad Rutgers team at the RAC .

SolidAsStone

I would take RU first half though because it seems RU is always winded in the 2nd half for some reason. Out of shape I guess.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

memphis is only -8 right now...

buy it to 7 and be happy you did

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Memphis ml dropped almost 150 bones not sure why?? Scares me.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by jessetk313 View Post
    Memphis ml dropped almost 150 bones not sure why?? Scares me.
    Probably because just about any home dog has value against Memphis, even Rutgers.

SolidAsStone

Yeah agreed JT. I am taking RU + 4.5 for the 1st Half for a couple of reasons I mentioned in my thread. Short story is I think Memphis will miss some free throws, I think Rutgers will try something new on defense after getting smoked by 30 in their first meeting and I think Memphis will have issues with it a little in the 1st half but then probably figure it out after a halftime adjustment. Also, Memphis shot the lights out against Rutgers the first time and demoralized them. Rutgers at the RAC will have energy and if it can stay close I could see a tight game going into the half. BOL to everyone either way. P.S my only worry is that Joe Jackson just blows by Myles Mack all game and gets Memphis wide open shots and they hit them just like the first game. Hence why I am banking on Rutgers trying a different defensive approach this go around.

SolidAsStone

Anyone know off the top of your head if this game is televised?

Speaking of televised Rutgers is just coming off its incredibly embarrassing, possibly recruit losing, best down to Louisville by 50 on ESPN2. I am sure the book adjusted for this and inflated the line at least 1 point since they know the Public is super low on RU right now. Another small positive for Rutgers

smoky24246
    Update your status
    smoky24246's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bought it at -6.5 for memphis! much safer pick now? always the risk factor but should be a safe bet now...