husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any updates on how everyone has been doing? TiredPro? Far too gone?

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I'm still here Husky. Watching a lot of games and tracking those money line road favorites in the -180sh to -300sh range. The past few weeks there have been some big favorites lose outright. Syracuse......Duke.....St Louis........come to mind. Such a different dynamic than football. The bottom line is that upsets happen and they happen more frequently in basketball than football. I haven't confirmed the numbers yet, but road teams in the SEC lose a lot of games in college hoop. I keep looking for situations that can help me narrow games to consider.

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

villanova is minus 500 to make 100, Im not into college ball, does geeorgtown have enuff fire power to make an upset? had a shitty night on nba, trying to to add 100 to my balance, any thoughts?

rocky9995
    rocky9995's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Too risky. Gtown when they actually play good Is easily enough to beat nova

husky

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    I'm still here Husky. Watching a lot of games and tracking those money line road favorites in the -180sh to -300sh range. The past few weeks there have been some big favorites lose outright. Syracuse......Duke.....St Louis........come to mind. Such a different dynamic than football. The bottom line is that upsets happen and they happen more frequently in basketball than football. I haven't confirmed the numbers yet, but road teams in the SEC lose a lot of games in college hoop. I keep looking for situations that can help me narrow games to consider.
    I was wondering if you think wagering 3-5% of bankroll on each parlay would be OK to do? My hopes / thoughts would be to try to have +100% bankroll growth using NFL/NCAAF/NCAAB parlays of -300 to -800 money lines similar to you. If betting 3-5% per parlay, one would need to be up 20-30 parlays by the end of the year. Is that achieveable you think?

TiredPro

I do think you can win 20-30 parlays but I'm not sure you can increase your bankroll 100% by just playing money line parlays. I do think you can increase your bankroll 100% by playing single money line plays over the course of a season. I would rather try to win 30 single plays than try to win 20-30 parlays. I can't tell you how crucial it is to have a bankroll to start.

husky

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    I do think you can win 20-30 parlays but I'm not sure you can increase your bankroll 100% by just playing money line parlays. I do think you can increase your bankroll 100% by playing single money line plays over the course of a season. I would rather try to win 30 single plays than try to win 20-30 parlays. I can't tell you how crucial it is to have a bankroll to start.
    Thank you for your insight. It is greatly appreciated.

husky

TiredPro. I don't suppose you would like to post some of the plays you are on? If not, no worries!

TiredPro

Sorry Husky. Didn't see your question until I went looking for the thread today. I'm not playing any money line in college hoop right now.......only playing games against the spread when situation looks favorable. Lines seem really sharp as many games landing right around the numbers. Here's the kind of info I enjoy.......Clemson has beaten Georgia Tech 10 or 11 straight times straight up. Clemson coach Brownell schools Ga Tech coach Gregory every time they have met in ACC....Why ? Can only speculate that previous school Brownell was at begged to play Dayton for years when Gregory was at Dayton.......Dayton wouldn't give them the time of day. So now they meet up twice a year in the ACC and Brownell has never lost to him. Keep digging brother.......all kinds of good info out there. But you can't follow everybody. Lock into a few conferences and wait for the right situations. Liking Wiscy today over Minnesota......Wiscy won't play soft defense like Penn State did.

husky

Thanks for the reply once again. I think I just need to find a sweet spot in terms of personal systems and proven cappers that will allow me to focus on 2-4 team moneyline parlays in the -200 to -800 range, focusing on being picky and hitting a few parlays per week

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Everyone is listing % of which -odds hit but fail to explain to the public what % you must also win to make a profit. Taking a -1000 line 8 times all in(rough math) will end up doubling your money.. but there is a reason they are -1000 and not -10000.
    If you really want to win and can start off with about 2000, then the ML is the way to go. I'm up over 10,000 clams this hoops season.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

The Florida game answers your question about ML's. It is definitely worth the risk. Just pick and choose your games wisely.

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

i bet a lot of big lines, although im up, if i dont control my roll i can go on tilt and lose tons on a stupid money line just trying to chase or cover, if your ok with going through 20-30% bankroll swings in a day, than go ahead and do ml plays wisely

ill be on florida ml for 10% of my roll

husky

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    If you really want to win and can start off with about 2000, then the ML is the way to go. I'm up over 10,000 clams this hoops season.
    What are your parameters in terms of minimum odds , etc

First 123