Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

Lucky1's Hoops Wk#16

OVERALL***UPDATED*** YEAR TO DATE RECORD
    All Selections: 121-101-7-55% (DIME players are now $9,900)
    Sides: 89-84-5 51%
    Totals: 32-17-2 65%

Regular Selections: 115-94-7 55%
    side plays: 84-77-4 52%
    totals plays: 31-17-2 65%

**UPDATED-COMBINED TOP RATED PLAYS SINCE 2011**
    OVERALL: 43-23 65.2%
    **TOP RATED**this season now: 6-7
    side plays: 5-7
    totals plays: 1-0

DeFab146
    DeFab146's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1727

I feel a big week coming on Luck! You are overdue!

AlCar G.
    Update your status
    AlCar G.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

As I mentioned before, I'm a football bettor and can hold my own. This is my first full bb season and am trying to learn and Lucky has taught me a lot because they are for sure two completely different animals. Not follwing the tride and true "rules of betting" will hurt you a lot more in bb mostly because of the amount of games as compared to football. If nothing else, everyone should have learned these three lessons from this thread so far:

Lucky lesson #1: Be selective. The more games you bet the higher the odds that the book is the one who ends up profiting rather than you over the long term.

Lucky lesson #2: Bet the same amount on all the games you bet even if it is a "top rated play". This past week proved that with Pitt and Nova. I believe Lucky had a pretty good record this past week overall; so if you went heavier on the top rated plays it could have been the difference between being profitable this week or losing.

Lucky lesson #3: Trying to "cap the cappers" is a huge mistake. You will get killed. I know people who have tried to do it and trust me it will never work. If you're learning, choose a guy who fits in with you're style and stick to that person. There are several successful guys on here. I chose Lucky because not only do I like his style, but also because he is the most consistent. He doesn't turn tail and disappear for months when he has a bad run (taking a short break is sometimes neccessary; do not confuse it with "turning tail"). I know at the end of the season I will be profitable following him because he can be counted on post ALL of his plays. All I have to do is hopefully catch every one of them.

With there being so few games in football you can disregard these rules to a degree and still be profitable IF you're good enough. I am a leader in my family life and in my professional life; so I'm not one to be a "follower", but I'm also smart enough to know that if I want to learn to gamble bb without getting killed; a guy like Lucky is one to learn from. What I apprecieate from Lucky is his hard work, the fact that he shares his hard work with everyone here in order to help out, "haters" don't show up too often in his threads, but if they do it doesn't bother or stop him from helping us out (this is a big one because the haters have been successful with chasing a lot of guys who were doing well) and the lessons he teaches now and then with his posts. The fact that he is a profitable capper is just a bonus. I appreciate the losing plays just as much as the winning ones; as he puts the same hard work and dedication into all of them.

OK with regards to this post I should also mention I'm not an ass kisser either even though it certainly seems I did that here. I'm a man of FACTS and Lucky deserves recognition for the FACTS. So if pointing out the facts is kissing ass; then an ass kisser be I. What I really hoped to accomplish with this post is to give Lucky the recognition he deserves and point out some lessons that haven proven to be true for those of you who may have missed them. Read his posts because there are more lessons to come.

Here's to a great week and having some fun in the process.

Thanks agaqin Lucky!!!
    Points Awarded:

Lucky1g gave AlCar G. 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Heandog gave AlCar G. 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

alamo gave AlCar G. 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brandcorytoby
    brandcorytoby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7732

Quote Originally Posted by AlCar G. View Post
    As I mentioned before, I'm a football bettor and can hold my own. This is my first full bb season and am trying to learn and Lucky has taught me a lot because they are for sure two completely different animals. Not follwing the tride and true "rules of betting" will hurt you a lot more in bb mostly because of the amount of games as compared to football. If nothing else, everyone should have learned these three lessons from this thread so far:

Lucky lesson #1: Be selective. The more games you bet the higher the odds that the book is the one who ends up profiting rather than you over the long term.

Lucky lesson #2: Bet the same amount on all the games you bet even if it is a "top rated play". This past week proved that with Pitt and Nova. I believe Lucky had a pretty good record this past week overall; so if you went heavier on the top rated plays it could have been the difference between being profitable this week or losing.

Lucky lesson #3: Trying to "cap the cappers" is a huge mistake. You will get killed. I know people who have tried to do it and trust me it will never work. If you're learning, choose a guy who fits in with you're style and stick to that person. There are several successful guys on here. I chose Lucky because not only do I like his style, but also because he is the most consistent. He doesn't turn tail and disappear for months when he has a bad run (taking a short break is sometimes neccessary; do not confuse it with "turning tail"). I know at the end of the season I will be profitable following him because he can be counted on post ALL of his plays. All I have to do is hopefully catch every one of them.

With there being so few games in football you can disregard these rules to a degree and still be profitable IF you're good enough. I am a leader in my family life and in my professional life; so I'm not one to be a "follower", but I'm also smart enough to know that if I want to learn to gamble bb without getting killed; a guy like Lucky is one to learn from. What I apprecieate from Lucky is his hard work, the fact that he shares his hard work with everyone here in order to help out, "haters" don't show up too often in his threads, but if they do it doesn't bother or stop him from helping us out (this is a big one because the haters have been successful with chasing a lot of guys who were doing well) and the lessons he teaches now and then with his posts. The fact that he is a profitable capper is just a bonus. I appreciate the losing plays just as much as the winning ones; as he puts the same hard work and dedication into all of them.

OK with regards to this post I should also mention I'm not an ass kisser either even though it certainly seems I did that here. I'm a man of FACTS and Lucky deserves recognition for the FACTS. So if pointing out the facts is kissing ass; then an ass kisser be I. What I really hoped to accomplish with this post is to give Lucky the recognition he deserves and point out some lessons that haven proven to be true for those of you who may have missed them. Read his posts because there are more lessons to come.

Here's to a great week and having some fun in the process.

Thanks agaqin Lucky!!!

Well said !!!!

brandcorytoby
    brandcorytoby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7732

Baseball

Lucky

Do you play baseball?

Lucky1g

Wow, great post. I really do appreciate that. Honestly it's been a tough season for me so far..but your right, betting the same way, consistently and only hitting 55% through the season, can make some nice $$$$$

Back w my plays in about 10min..let's have a winning week in this thread.

Lucky1g

I play spot plays in baseball and nba. I might post for nba playoffs but definitely Don't look for me to post during baseball. I take a break from the forum and am very busy focused on selling real estate in the summer...you can look for my weekly threads late august for the start of football

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Thanks guys. I had a business trip cancel due to wheather so I had a little extra time on my hands and took the opportunity to put up the post and show some appreciation. I've been wanting to do that for some time.

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1g View Post
    I play spot plays in baseball and nba. I might post for nba playoffs but definitely Don't look for me to post during baseball. I take a break from the forum and am very busy focused on selling real estate in the summer...you can look for my weekly threads late august for the start of football
    Wow. I do the same thing in the NBA. I might play 1 or 2 plays max and not everyday. I have to really like it. Don't want to jinx myself, but I'm having a really good year in the NBA. Went on a 9-0 run the week before the AS break.

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

I am a 50/50 CBB capper. This year I decided to not cap games and tail some of the successful ones listed on capperslist.com. I started out tailing 5 (too many I know) and am now down to one, lucky1g. One thing I will never do when tailing is give the capper grief when bet(s) go awry. If you make the choice to tail, do it and don't complain. I chose lucky because I prefer the contrarian, underdog style. Thanks a lot for your hard work, Lucky!
    Points Awarded:

Lucky1g gave dwatersalec 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Hey Lucky a friend of mine on another site I belong to posted this info and wanted to know if you had any thoughts. As I mentioned, I strictly follow only your plays so wanted to know if you think it's work a sprinkle (I'm not familiar with the teams). Thanks in advance.

Today I see a bigger play than usual and for this to happen I have to really like it and certain things to back it up. Here is the play and when I get home I'll give you the reasons why.

Southern -14 2u

Revenge game for Southern. Lost @ Miss Valley State by 6.
    Southern coming off a Home Loss.
    Miss Valley State just played 5 games in a row at home and now have to travel. Not sure how far it is...would have to look it up.
    Southern is only 2 games ahead of Alabama St in the SWAC. Can use this win big time at home.

Lucky1g

North Carolina Wilmington+9
    Florida State+1***Top Rated***
    Oklahoma State & Baylor UNDER 144

Lucky1g

To be honest, the I looked at the southern gm and moved past it quickly. I have no opinion for u my friend. If u think u have a strong angle, play it. Just live with the consequences win or lose.

Rolling with these three as my plays for tonight. Bol with your action and again, thanks for showing the appreciation, nice to see that every once in a while.

Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread smells like... 'Victory"... BOL this week Lucky!

AlCar G.
    Update your status

To be honest, the I looked at the southern gm and moved past it quickly. I have no opinion for u my friend. If u think u have a strong angle, play it. Just live with the consequences win or lose.

Rolling with these three as my plays for tonight. Bol with your action and again, thanks for showing the appreciation, nice to see that every once in a while.
    Thanks brother. Got to stay disiplined and stick with your plays; regardless of the outcome of the Southern game.

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Great Post Alcar G you could not have put it any better than that

Tacklin Fuel
    Tacklin Fuel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Thanks Heandog.

Human12
    Human12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

BOL Lucky!!!

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Just saw pitt was one of your top plays in the 15 thread, I wouldnt mind finding ennis, shaking his hand for making that incredible shot, then a following right hook in the kisser for making that incredible shot

BOL

Go FSU

Kicks8901
    Kicks8901's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

New to the forum but after that post I think i will be a frequent follower of this thread.

Lucky1g

Awful start to week, maybe I will hit my totals play and not have a brutal night overall. I've been real good with them this year...I wanted to say one thing. After 3 consecutive college hoops season of absolutely killing it with my top rated play, this season has been really bad. My style for matching criteria and selecting these plays has stayed 100% the same and yet this year they just aren't covering. Now, This is pretty heavy shit, but I sometimes wonder if it's all part of the mathematical cycle oddsmakers use when putting out point spreads...I don't know, might sound crazy to most, but it would keep a consistent gambler from beating them year in and year out with the same "system" of selecting picks...hopefully this under hits. I don't want to go 0-3 tonight and I don't want any of you to either..catch u tmrw

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Awful start to week, maybe I will hit my totals play and not have a brutal night overall. I've been real good with them this year...I wanted to say one thing. After 3 consecutive college hoops season of absolutely killing it with my top rated play, this season has been really bad. My style for matching criteria and selecting these plays has stayed 100% the same and yet this year they just aren't covering. Now, This is pretty heavy shit, but I sometimes wonder if it's all part of the mathematical cycle oddsmakers use when putting out point spreads...I don't know, might sound crazy to most, but it would keep a consistent gambler from beating them year in and year out with the same "system" of selecting picks...hopefully this under hits. I don't want to go 0-3 tonight and I don't want any of you to either..catch u tmrw
    that's exactly what's going on this year. we all know the books rake in the $ regardless of outcomes. the big public plays are cashing and people say vegas is getting 'kenpom'ed but i can guarantee you there are huge fish out there fading the public and getting killed. for example a game like syracuse being underdog in pitt you would anticipate over 85% of the public being on cuse in that spot in recent years.. this year i saw not even 80% on cuse and they cash. seen this all year long. same thing with tennesee home to florida last week and FSU tonight.

Lucky1g

1-2 last night.

Drake+2***top rated***

maybe will have more. Will be back around 6pm est to finalize

Salmonman
    Salmonman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1626

do you have multiple betting accounts lucky? BOL on the play.

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

1-2 last night.

Drake+2***top rated***

maybe will have more. Will be back around 6pm est to finalize
    Curious to hear your angle on this one if you have time- Drake has lost 9 of the last 10 vs NI in most cases by double digits.. That being said I'm sure you your reasons but would be interested if you have time to shed some light.

AlCar G.
    Update your status

I know what you mean brother. The situations with some of your top rated plays i.e. unranked team favored at home against a high ranked team are usually at least 80% golden. The right play would be to take the unranked home favorite; especially if it's televised. That hasn't been playing out this year.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

on drake as well lets get it

Lucky1g

George Washington & Richmond UNDER 135
    Butler & St Johns UNDER 131

Lucky1g

Georgia Tech+11
    Missouri State+5

Final. Bol

Human12

Can you believe the way Drake is rolling over and playing dead at the end?

Human12

Nice job on that top play Lucky!!!

jihadvillager
    jihadvillager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6232

seconded. definitely seems like a conspiracy against sharp bettors this year

Lucky1g

Lucky1's Hoops Wk#16 (overall 4-4 this week)

OVERALL***UPDATED*** YEAR TO DATE RECORD
    All Selections: 125-105-7-54.4% (DIME players are now $9,500)
    Sides: 91-87-5 51%
    Totals: 34-18-2 65%

Regular Selections: 118-97-7 54.9%
    side plays: 85-79-5 52%
    totals plays: 33-18-2 65%

**UPDATED-COMBINED TOP RATED PLAYS SINCE 2011**
    OVERALL: 44-24 64.7%
    **TOP RATED**this season now: 7-8 47%
    side plays: 6-8 43%
    totals plays: 1-0 100%

Lucky1g

Very busy and Wasn't watching hoops last night but I see drake up 20 with like 6minutes to go and almost lost the game! That would've been devastating. Even $$$ for the week going into tonight. Back later with today's action..

123 Last