I am the one
    I am the one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

North Carolina vs. Florida State - Whats the play?

What side are you on?

theforce
    theforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Under

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Well, if you know what side Vegas is on, then that's probably the right side

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

UNC +1.5 (3x)

FSU student here. Love my noles but we have been struggling bad lately. Got waxed by Maryland, lost to Miami at home, and struggled with Wake (down 16 at one point.)

Unc has gotten their stuff together the last month. They're really coming on now. Not buying the look ahead spot with Duke, thats 3 days away.

Think UNC's bigs can have their way with FSU inside. FSU is awful on the defensive glass, and 7'2 Bojanovsky gets pushed around too much. The only thing that concerns me is UNC's awful free throw shooting.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

So Carolina's red hot (six straight wins both SU and ATS), they have a much better record than FSU, and obliterated FSU twice last year while sweeping the season series (all three games counting the ACC tourney). Yet they're +1 here?

Interesting.

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Line definitely does not make any sense, which is certainly a bad sign for my heels. They are playing very well after a schizophrenic start, and FSU at 14-10 overall seemed like a formality heading into the dook game. I really thought we would be favored every game the rest of the regular season except the two dook games so being a dog to a mediocre FSU is a shocker to me.

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Logically, I think most of the public would have put UNC at a 5-6 point fav in this game. It's a very odd line.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

what time are the new rankings released? i assume NC is in the top 25 now...

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Tough spot for UNC. Played yesterday, travelled to Florida.... Have to fly back and prepare for duke.. Tough tough spot. I think it explains the line

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Line definitely does not make any sense, which is certainly a bad sign for my heels. They are playing very well after a schizophrenic start, and FSU at 14-10 overall seemed like a formality heading into the dook game. I really thought we would be favored every game the rest of the regular season except the two dook games so being a dog to a mediocre FSU is a shocker to me.
    Really no reason at all for Carolina to not be at least -2 here. I personally expected -3.

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unc +1

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

This line still baffles me. Every single part of me feel like I woulda taken unc -6 or 7.
    And yet I'm getting +1...

I'm lost.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Tough spot for UNC. Played yesterday, travelled to Florida.... Have to fly back and prepare for duke.. Tough tough spot. I think it explains the line
    forgot about the duke make up game.
    sandwich classic...
    fsu heavy...

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    forgot about the duke make up game.
    sandwich classic...
    fsu heavy...
    It doesn't mean they'll just lay down for FSU. They won't come off a big win and lay down for FSU to focus on Duke. Doesn't make any sense.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheTHRILL View Post
    It doesn't mean they'll just lay down for FSU. They won't come off a big win and lay down for FSU to focus on Duke. Doesn't make any sense.
    the way i think, it makes more sense to me that they would sleep walk though a game like tomorrow. off a big win, huge game up next. its tough for even college athletes to play at a max level each and every game.

would be nice if kenny pom gave us fsu backers a few points...

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

the way i think, it makes more sense to me that they would sleep walk though a game like tomorrow. off a big win, huge game up next. its tough for even college athletes to play at a max level each and every game.

would be nice if kenny pom gave us fsu backers a few points...
    Agree, FSU -1 or nothing. UNC has their biggest game of the season on deck and has been in great form, FSU needs this game much more. Line says it all (not because Heels will lay down but because the extra game creates such a tough motivational spot). BTW, Kenpom has Noles, 74-71.

Also like Towson tomorrow.

Game that i cannot figure out is Okie State/Baylor. Gotta figure that Okie State gave max effort vs Sooners Saturday and will be down after blowing that game late. At the same time, Baylor is borderline unbackable until they hire a coach (though worth noting that they have owned Pokes in recent meetings, covering 5 of 6).

SSSuperSergSSS
    SSSuperSergSSS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Agree with towson mate, think the 3.5 they giving wont be enough , im locking the -3.5

SSSuperSergSSS
    SSSuperSergSSS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Fsu or leave this game, played well against wake and should follow up with a 3-5 point win here

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Tough to call line def off but we have seen Vegas gift wrapping bets for squares in recent days Cuse at Pitt and Gators at Kuntucky to name a couple big ones. Sometimes it just makes sense to back the better or hotter team at times. It is Monday tho and fading Vegas on Monday is a losing proposition overall. Lean Noles slightly here

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Trap line in a trap game.....UNC ML for me. Gonna fade the forum sharps (not fading just to fade--think unc wins) and if I win, I will cash out tomorrow.

PS- I was on Cuse at Pitt and had the Florida ML at KY. lmao

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Site I use says 92% on UNC with UNC as top public bet and FSU still 3rd place public bet. And the line has not moved.....pulled the trigger last night as soon as I saw the line. I will say that although I usually try to ignore this type of thing (sharp vs square) but if I hadnt pulled the trigger already, I might have gone the other way....
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 02-17-14 at 07:07 AM.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Small play on FLD. ST.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

If unc closes as favs ill prob play fsu, if line holds at fsu-1 or pk it a pass for me..

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Agree, FSU -1 or nothing. UNC has their biggest game of the season on deck and has been in great form, FSU needs this game much more. Line says it all (not because Heels will lay down but because the extra game creates such a tough motivational spot). BTW, Kenpom has Noles, 74-71.

Game that i cannot figure out is Okie State/Baylor. Gotta figure that Okie State gave max effort vs Sooners Saturday and will be down after blowing that game late. At the same time, Baylor is borderline unbackable until they hire a coach (though worth noting that they have owned Pokes in recent meetings, covering 5 of 6).
    where do you see ken poms score or line predictions?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

where do you see ken poms score or line predictions?
    Under "fanmatch",, doesn't work on phone tho. If u on phone u gotta type in team then go to schedule and it will have his projected score.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Site I use says 92% on UNC with UNC as top public bet and FSU still 3rd place public bet. And the line has not moved.....pulled the trigger last night as soon as I saw the line. I will say that although I usually try to ignore this type of thing (sharp vs square) but if I hadnt pulled the trigger already, I might have gone the other way....
    ha....thats funny. i guess no one cares about games like david vs citadel tonight.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Under "fanmatch",, doesn't work on phone tho. If u on phone u gotta type in team then go to schedule and it will have his projected score.
    gotta pay

The page you are requesting is available to subscribers only.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

Well, there's your answer.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    If unc closes as favs ill prob play fsu, if line holds at fsu-1 or pk it a pass for me..
    This.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Yes you have to pay the $20 but it gives you access to other parts of the data bank as well.

I am the one

FSU (pk) who's feeling that?

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

when a line is fishy=vegas fix in, fsu all the way.. like temple yesterday

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

unc... easy money. game set match

I am the one

Fsu -1

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    unc... easy money. game set match
    Easy money = go with the other team. Happens about 75% of the time when "easy money" is posted.

123 Last