Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Jamie Dixon is definitely to blame, but not for the last play.

All this talk about the last play. Bunch of bullshit. Kid was defended and made a tough shot. The reason why Pitt lost is because his kids didn't try to score in the last 4 minutes. All they did was run clock and chuck up an awful shot every possession and tried to back into the win. Nobody has even mentioned this, but ESPN wants to dissect the last play because they let him go to his right instead of making him split the defenders, which he would have anyway. Terrible coaching by Dixon, but tell the real story.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

calling that timeout prior to the final play when syracuse didnt have any left was probably boneheaded too.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Agree with both posts. Pitt started milking the clock way too early and giving Cuse a free time out in final seconds was dubious.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Agree with both posts. Pitt started milking the clock way too early and giving Cuse a free time out in final seconds was dubious.
    It's borderline impossible to have the kind of D Pitt has and lose a 6-7 point lead in a minute and a half. Yet they managed to do it. Again.

No one who watches Pitt or Dixon should be surprised by this. The Panthers don't just gag on a regular basis -- they pull their own trigger. And it's because his strategy is to play not to lose in close games. Always has been.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yep, they attack the zone well and shouldn't be waiting until the last 10 seconds to do it. With only one center on Syracuse, they should have been attacking and getting them in foul trouble. Instead Pitt allowed the Cuse to stick around and stay out of foul trouble so that they could have a shot at the end. Thanks Jamie.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

drinker post last march:

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    some say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

expecting pitt to overachieve in the postseason is FUKKING INSANITY
    anyone like pitt this march?

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Best part of the game was the Pitt students faces after the game. You just knew those kids were itching to rush the court.

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

No wonder his kids looked bored as fack sitting in the stands there...

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

With only 4 seconds left and Syracuse not having a timeout, calling one there could only help Syracuse. Stupid, stupid decision.

azsportswin
    azsportswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11188

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    drinker post last march:

anyone like pitt this march?
    I have been going to Vegas for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament for past few years and 2 automatic first round M/L bets I have made the past couple of years were on Pitt and Georgetown opponents....Florida Gulf Coast baby!! It's been easy money and will probably be again this year!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Yeah Pitt definitely milked the clock way too early. Can't stand that shit. I'd much rather get a good shot and only use half the shot clock, then get a bad shot and use the entire shot clock, but that's just me.

Dixon is a shit coach. Funniest shit ever was when Pitt got bounced out in the first round last year, and then the next day they gave him a huge contract extension.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by azsportswin View Post
    I have been going to Vegas for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament for past few years and 2 automatic first round M/L bets I have made the past couple of years were on Pitt and Georgetown opponents....Florida Gulf Coast baby!! It's been easy money and will probably be again this year!
    Not true if Georgetown is not there.