No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Aaron Craft

Most overrated college basketball player in at least the last decade -- if not more.

Tried to watch this game tonight. Holy shit. He was a one-man disaster. Huge turnovers at pivotal moments, and as usual, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a jump shot. Michigan was literally daring him to shoot; I've never seen a guard receive that much space at the top of the key. Yet he couldn't/wouldn't even pull the trigger. Then when he finally did at a big moment with about three minutes left, he didn't even draw iron. Air ball.

This guy's games makes Tebow look like Montana. What's worse is Dan Dakich is the biggest Craft groupie on the planet. He somehow draws the vast majority of Ohio State's games and slobbers all over him like he's the best point guard in the country. Trying to figure out who should be more embarrassed right now: Craft for being the biggest fraud college basketball has seen in quite some time, or Dakich for hitching his wagon to this bum.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Amen.

A123
    A123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

To me hes got the hustle that coaches love and hes athletic but as far as straight basketball skills hes pretty lackluster.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

completely agree. Very good defender, average facilitator, below average scorer. He's an above average college point guard at best.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Most overrated college basketball player in at least the last decade -- if not more.

Tried to watch this game tonight. Holy shit. He was a one-man disaster. Huge turnovers at pivotal moments, and as usual, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a jump shot. Michigan was literally daring him to shoot; I've never seen a guard receive that much space at the top of the key. Yet he couldn't/wouldn't even pull the trigger. Then when he finally did at a big moment with about three minutes left, he didn't even draw iron. Air ball.

This guy's games makes Tebow look like Montana. What's worse is Dan Dakich is the biggest Craft groupie on the planet. He somehow draws the vast majority of Ohio State's games and slobbers all over him like he's the best point guard in the country. Trying to figure out who should be more embarrassed right now: Craft for being the biggest fraud college basketball has seen in quite some time, or Dakich for hitching his wagon to this bum.

agreed, he's trash.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Dan Dakich said earlier in the year if he could pick any player to start a team in the country it would be Craft.

No, seriously I'm not kidding.

totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

he rode sullinger to the final four (who by the way was the eastern conference player of the week ! who knew)

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Athletic isnt the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Craft.

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been saying this for years

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    completely agree. Very good defender, average facilitator, below average scorer. He's an above average college point guard at best.
    He's not even the best defender on his team. Shannon Scott is.

I love hearing guys dumping on him, saying enjoy yourself overseas. Hell, at this rate, I doubt even a team in Iceland would take him. You need to be able to make a shot first.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Dan Dakich said earlier in the year if he could pick any player to start a team in the country it would be Craft.

No, seriously I'm not kidding.
    And he said he'd rather have Craft late to win a game than any other player in college basketball.

It's incredible how stupid this guy is. I guess that's why he's commentating and not coaching, but he sucks at that even more than being on the sidelines.

t-wizzle

The ironic thing is that there's a much better point guard in that conference (Appling).

Lincoln Scofield
    Lincoln Scofield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

The ironic thing is that there's a much better point guard in that conference (Appling).
    Ehh...yeah he's better, but that's like saying Jake Locker is better than Tim Tebow. Not much of a feat to be better than Craft.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I saw Gary Williams make an argument last night that Craft should be considered the Big Ten POY. I'm not joking. It's like the fvcking Twilight Zone with this kid. I don't get it.

t-wizzle

He's likeable, he's white, he plays really hard and is excellent on defense, and had good leadership qualities. It's a former coach analyst's wet dream.

buckeyez1fan
    buckeyez1fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

He's likeable, he's white, he plays really hard and is excellent on defense, and had good leadership qualities. It's a former coach analyst's wet dream.
    Exactly.

But he played very poorly yesterday but i'll still take him any day of the week despite his offensive limitations. He's the best on ball defender in the country and has the traits the twizzle listed above, and is limited offensively. Its been the book on him since he arrived in Columbus, if it took you this long to figure it out, then you are an idiot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyez1fan View Post
    Exactly.

But he played very poorly yesterday but i'll still take him any day of the week despite his offensive limitations. He's the best on ball defender in the country and has the traits the twizzle listed above, and is limited offensively. Its been the book on him since he arrived in Columbus, if it took you this long to figure it out, then you are an idiot.
    No, actually it hasn't. Craft was never Pistol Pete, but not so long ago, he actually had a jump shot that could at least land in the ocean from the shore. He's completely taken that out of his game because he's thinking too much. It's obvious. And other teams know it.

Back in the day, you could at least someone respect Craft's ability to hit a jumper if he was left wide-open. Now teams literally beg him to shoot that same wide-open look, as he did last night at a critical juncture in the game when he didn't even graze the rim. If he came to Columbus as a sub-par scorer, why hasn't he worked on it? Or at least been able to maintain a level of offensive competency, instead of getting worse. He was a 38% three-point shooter as a freshman, vs. 30% as a junior and 34% as a senior. Not to mention his turnovers and assist-to-turnover ratio this year are both career worsts.

I would challenge the fact that he has good leadership qualities, too. He just stood there like a statue, looking like his dog got run over as his team fell apart on their home court against an arch-rival last night. Yeah, good senior "leadership."

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Glad to see everyone is on board here. It really is the twilight zone. I cant understand it. Dude hustles, thats it. So did every under sized white kid who ever played.

Like NC said, he cant shoot for shit and hes a guard.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Glad to see everyone is on board here. It really is the twilight zone. I cant understand it. Dude hustles, thats it. So did every under sized white kid who ever played.

Like NC said, he cant shoot for shit and hes a guard.
    I thought Dakich was in some kind of unconditional love stupor and drunk off Craft's juice, but Gary Williams' Big Ten POTY comment took overboard to a new level.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

And he said he'd rather have Craft late to win a game than any other player in college basketball.

It's incredible how stupid this guy is. I guess that's why he's commentating and not coaching, but he sucks at that even more than being on the sidelines.
    Dakich is terrible and so is Tirico. Unlistenable. I'd take them over Vitale maybe but that's about it.

lion
    lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

OSU had the Chance to have Columbus's own Trey Burke at PG but Thad Matta didnt want to part ways with Craft. We could have been NCAA Bball Champions. OSU is just going to win the NIT tourney and hopefully make a big comeback next year with some good recruits coming in.

the fatts
    the fatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

That whole dealio last night was a fukin Gong Show from the moment OHst stopped going inside to Craft showing no ability to lead his team, inspire, or score..and we had to listen to that dynamic duo callin that crap.....Brutal!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Dakich is terrible and so is Tirico. Unlistenable. I'd take them over Vitale maybe but that's about it.
    Couldn't agree more. Do you not like Stu Scott and Berman also?

Sometimes I feel like you're my doppelganger Biff. LOL.

buckeyez1fan

No, actually it hasn't. Craft was never Pistol Pete, but not so long ago, he actually had a jump shot that could at least land in the ocean from the shore. He's completely taken that out of his game because he's thinking too much. It's obvious. And other teams know it.

Back in the day, you could at least someone respect Craft's ability to hit a jumper if he was left wide-open. Now teams literally beg him to shoot that same wide-open look, as he did last night at a critical juncture in the game when he didn't even graze the rim. If he came to Columbus as a sub-par scorer, why hasn't he worked on it? Or at least been able to maintain a level of offensive competency, instead of getting worse. He was a 38% three-point shooter as a freshman, vs. 30% as a junior and 34% as a senior. Not to mention his turnovers and assist-to-turnover ratio this year are both career worsts.

I would challenge the fact that he has good leadership qualities, too. He just stood there like a statue, looking like his dog got run over as his team fell apart on their home court against an arch-rival last night. Yeah, good senior "leadership."
    He has worked on his shot. Unfortunately he's altered it to the point to where he looks like a girl when he shoots. He's never been a natural scorer.I watched him in High School because our Division 3 high school played Liberty Benton and he simply got to the basket and got to the foul line to average 20+ points a game. He has offense limitations and has always had them.

But you questioning his leadership his easily the stupidest thing I've heard in awhile. The guy leads by example and he's one of the hardest workers and best on ball defender's in the country. Aaron Craft is one of the most unselfish basketball player's that can change the game just off his defensive abilities and hustle play's. Yes i agree he played poorly last night, but questioning his leadership is completely idiotic.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I see someone has OSU last night lmao.....everyone knows he cant shoot and only drives right....yet he still pulls it off vs good teams....guys a good player...not the best....but come on....hes a very very good 4 year COLLEGE backetball player
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

But you questioning his leadership his easily the stupidest thing I've heard in awhile. The guy leads by example and he's one of the hardest workers and best on ball defender's in the country. Aaron Craft is one of the most unselfish basketball player's that can change the game just off his defensive abilities and hustle play's. Yes i agree he played poorly last night, but questioning his leadership is completely idiotic.
    You have been brainwashed. Again, where was his "leadership" last night at crunch time in Ohio State's biggest game of the year? Honestly, I'd take the Walton kid from Michigan over Craft 100 times out of 100.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I see someone has OSU last night lmao.....everyone knows he cant shoot and only drives right....yet he still pulls it off vs good teams....guys a good player...not the best....but come on....hes a very very good 4 year COLLEGE backetball player
    Why does it always have to be about gambling? Just posting my thoughts on the game. I wouldn't put one red cent on Ohio State. Ever. Matta has done a horrible job building this roster.

buckeyez1fan

You have been brainwashed. Again, where was his "leadership" last night at crunch time in Ohio State's biggest game of the year? Honestly, I'd take the Walton kid from Michigan over Craft 100 times out of 100.
    Well if you watched the game you would obviously know that they lost that game because they got murdered on the boards. I wish we had a guy down low that played with the toughness Aaron Craft does, but instead we got Amir Williams who is softer than a teddy bear and plays volleyball when he goes up for a penetrating rebound

BiffTFinancial

[QUOTE=No coincidences;21138626]Couldn't agree more. Do you not like Stu Scott and Berman also?

Sometimes I feel like you're my doppelganger Biff.

If Vitale is the platinum standard in shitty announcing, Berman is the gold standard. My NFL capping week starts every Friday with that unlistenable five-minute-long "two-minute drill" of his. Stu Scott also sucks, and both are responsible for pioneering the field of schtick-based overly verbose announcing (with Vitale as their chucklehead patron saint). One good thing about Stu was marginalized by ESPN long ago, so at least he rarely seen (and more importantly, heard).

They all should take a four-credit class in Announcing 101 from Vin Scully and Al Michaels.

One day when I'm up in the D we'll have to meet up for a cold one.

BiffTFinancial

[QUOTE=BiffTFinancial;21140800]

If Vitale is the platinum standard in shitty announcing, Berman is the gold standard. My NFL capping week starts every Friday with that unlistenable five-minute-long "two-minute drill" of his. Stu Scott also sucks, and both are responsible for pioneering the field of schtick-based overly verbose announcing (with Vitale as their chucklehead patron saint). One good thing about Stu is that he was marginalized by ESPN long ago, so at least he rarely seen (and more importantly, heard).

They all should take a four-credit class in Announcing 101 from Vin Scully and Al Michaels.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Why does it always have to be about gambling? Just posting my thoughts on the game. I wouldn't put one red cent on Ohio State. Ever. Matta has done a horrible job building this roster.
    He has trouble attracting/developing big men. The Oden/Conley package was a gift, Mullins/Koufos were Ohio guys and Sullinger's brother played at OSU and he was an area kid so it was natural for him to come.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Among the perimeter issues that could be shored up a bit, Jordan Sibert transferred a few years ago to Dayton and has been a solid player for them shooting over 40% from 3. Another possible contributor would have been JD Witherspoon but he transferred as well.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

3-20 from 3 but agree....guy is a pillow down low again
    Well if you watched the game you would obviously know that they lost that game because they got murdered on the boards. I wish we had a guy down low that played with the toughness Aaron Craft does, but instead we got Amir Williams who is softer than a teddy bear and plays volleyball when he goes up for a penetrating rebound

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

[QUOTE=BiffTFinancial;21140800]

If Vitale is the platinum standard in shitty announcing, Berman is the gold standard. My NFL capping week starts every Friday with that unlistenable five-minute-long "two-minute drill" of his. Stu Scott also sucks, and both are responsible for pioneering the field of schtick-based overly verbose announcing (with Vitale as their chucklehead patron saint). One good thing about Stu was marginalized by ESPN long ago, so at least he rarely seen (and more importantly, heard).