No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

St. Louis -4 looks like the most crooked line of the year

Billikens hammering everyone, La Salle in complete disarray -- this is either the easiest money I've ever seen, or Vegas has everyone right where it wants them. No reason for St. Lou to be anything less than -6 here, and that's being conservative.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Agreed

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Not sure if the trend will continue but alot of the uncommon spreads hit thusf far

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Yes, either biggest trap ever or a horrible line.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

the way i saw this gm was simple, if you square and cashed with the short line vs st joes (which i did ) then no reason not to continue on with the gravy train, la salle offense has been stir fried shit and that not good vs one of the best defensive teams in the country. it prob be close for a while but like slu to win byy6-7 points in the end..

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

these faves always cover on saturdays NC. I totally agree its a terrible line, but every saturday there are plenty of these lines that end up being walks in the park for fav backers.

Shark

see wichita later and vcu and maybe even ok st

KRIT

Can someone explain both A-10 lines to me. VCU -2.5 and St Louis -4 seem ridiculous.

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

St Louis has not been hammering everyone. You realize they did need a miracle to not lose at Dusquense a couple weeks back as they trailed almost the whole game until around under 1 minute. I should know as I had their ML that game. That game was one the road, and I think LaSalle is a lot better team then Dusquense. While yes they did just hammer St Joes, they have had some tough games here lately. I expect LaSalle to put up a fight as they have good guard play from both guys and good solid big men as well. I think it will be a great game, but definitely one I am staying away from here.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Can someone explain both A-10 lines to me. VCU -2.5 and St Louis -4 seem ridiculous.
    i played slu at open and im pretty sure ill be on vcu, guess im square today , lol..

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Ironic. When I took my first look at today's card, that LaSalle line hit me in the chops like an open hand slap. I'm probably playing the explorers on general principle.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Might as well throw Old Dominion PK vs. UTEP in there, too.

BrickShotShawn
    BrickShotShawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3734

STL ML. They win. May not cover. But they win.

KRIT

Who the fukk is this kenpom guy and where do you find his matchup lines?

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

The line that really strikes me is the Murray State line vs TN State. TN state is a 2 or 3 win team so far. While I have had a couple bets against them and usually they play hard and give a good game, they lack the mental aspect to close anything out. The ML is only -225 and the line is around 6. Any thoughts?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    the way i saw this gm was simple, if you square and cashed with the short line vs st joes (which i did ) then no reason not to continue on with the gravy train, la salle offense has been stir fried shit and that not good vs one of the best defensive teams in the country. it prob be close for a while but like slu to win byy6-7 points in the end..
    You have a team that's ranked 15th in the country and 21-2 overall against a 12-10 squad that just happens to be the worst in the country ATS (4-14) and they're only laying 4? That seems fishy as hell. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time a no-brainer cashed with ease in college hoops this year.

Shark

gotta pay for his matchup lines. kenpom.com

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

im srry but r u fucing serious?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You have a team that's ranked 15th in the country and 21-2 overall against a 12-10 squad that just happens to be the worst in the country ATS (4-14) and they're only laying 4? That seems fishy as hell. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time a no-brainer cashed with ease in college hoops this year.

i didnt realize la salle was that bad ats, i dont look at that shit when capping these things, lol... in fairness it could very well just be a case of books having la salle overrated with their numbers cause i certainly have as well, ive just avoided their gms for the most part but they been a very confusing team to me as well as i always have a lean to them.. i pretty much put the line where you said -6/7 but again kp puts it at slu-4 and a week ago i woulda prob put it there but have made a adjustment on la salle gms..

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

i got bills @ -170 and i like it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i didnt realize la salle was that bad ats, i dont look at that shit when capping these things, lol... in fairness it could very well just be a case of books having la salle overrated with their numbers cause i certainly have as well, ive just avoided their gms for the most part but they been a very confusing team to me as well as i always have a lean to them.. i pretty much put the line where you said -6/7 but again kp puts it at slu-4 and a week ago i woulda prob put it there but have made a adjustment on la salle gms..
    I would agree if it'd just been a bad run. We're going on months now, and the books haven't even bothered to adjust. Either more idle KenPom laziness, or something's up with this game. Personally, I wouldn't touch St. Louis with a 1,000 foot pole at this line, but that's still me speaking back to when I respect where the books set a line vs. the garbage nonsense they throw out there these days worshiping KenPom's ever move.

KRIT

Passing on that SLU game altogether. May play VCU.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

LaSalle can play competitive games vs up tempo teams. But against a slower paces SLU team, I think they struggle. This reminds me of the Virginia - Georgia Tech game. I thought the line for UVA should have been higher, and they end up winning by 19 on the road.

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Either vegas is playing la salles name from their tourney run from last year for all the chumps, or vegas is gponf down big on this game from pure stupidity.... which one will over overcome???

Personally i wanna take la salle out of pure spite of a trap but easier to stay away and pick from one of the other 100 games left

2daBank

I would agree if it'd just been a bad run. We're going on months now, and the books haven't even bothered to adjust. Either more idle KenPom laziness, or something's up with this game. Personally, I wouldn't touch St. Louis with a 1,000 foot pole at this line, but that's still me speaking back to when I respect where the books set a line vs. the garbage nonsense they throw out there these days worshiping KenPom's ever move.
    i played -3.5 at open,, what can i say, in the end more times than not i play based off my number,, i didnt think it was really that far off to be some kinda setup with the line,, i thought the st joes line was way more off than this one personally and i played that as well..

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    St Louis has not been hammering everyone.
    Yep, SLU has struggled this year. Lucked out vs a bad Rhode Island team. Should have lost to Duquesne. Needed OT to beat George Mason. When SLU is focused, they can put the clamps down on teams and dominate them on the defensive end.

SLU should win this game - easily IMO (they beat a better LaSalle team last year 78-54) - but you never know. I picked SLU on the ML.

Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

This line is a joke. SLU is playing amazing ball with one of the best Ds in the league. Real low line here again. Auto play. Lay the points guys.

Dave88
    Dave88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8620

So... if the general consensus is St Louis should win by around 6-7 (conservative) and the books are offering -4 but people are reluctant to touch game, is it because it appears something is up with the game, ie: fixed? or perhaps an injury no-one knows about? (except the books?). thanks guys, GL.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

A10 games are extremely weird. La Salle plays well at home, they should have beaten VCU but then lost by 9 in 2ot. SLU almost lost to George Mason last week. I like the Billikens for MM but they could easily go down or only win by 2 in a 53-51 type game.

LAS or no play here

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

just clicked +4.5
    so I bought the hook and hit it.
    LAS +5 @ -120 1x
    BOL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I took La Salle 1H +2.5. Figured they'll either be in the game at half or fold early and often.

We'll see.

doctorlw
    doctorlw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

First, in full disclosure, -3.5 seemed to good to be true last night... so I laid 3 units on it.

However, I don't think it will be as easy as it sounds. La Salle's guards match up very well with St. Louis and St. Louis has been playing down to the level of weaker opponents all season. Not to mention, this is essentially La Salle's Super Bowl. There is a lot to be concerned about.

That said, I can't see a team with a losing culture this season and a team that has no offense outside of 1 on 1 with their guards (which admittedly, does take advantage of one of St. Louis' weaknesses) coming out on top. My guess is La Salle hangs tough for the majority of the game but eventually St. Louis pulls ahead.

Of course, I would love to be completely wrong on this and for St. Louis to just breeze through this game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

La Salle already getting routed.

Plaza23

La Salle already getting routed.
    Tie game at half.

This is what SLU does. They never play a full 40 minutes.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I took La Salle 1H +2.5. Figured they'll either be in the game at half or fold early and often.

We'll see.

Nice play!

12 Last