chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Saturday HUGE PLAY

Notre Dame +1 (15 units) Carolina s overrated and Notre Dame is a tough place to play, fighting irish win by 9

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Would like to be with you on this one because Carolina isn't any good, but ND is a trainwreck.

Good luck, chino.

chinoloco212

Two equally talented teams ill take the slightly better team with a huge home court advantage a as a short dog all day

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

chinloco, if NC State can win at Notre Dame, UNC can blow them out. I think you might be overrating Notre Dame based on their one win against Duke. I would remind you that was Duke's first ACC game and right after Coach K's brother had just died. UNC has been inconsistent, but also has shown they can beat anyone. They've won four in a row and have an RPI of 36. Notre Dame's RPI is 105. (and lost at home earlier this season to North Dakota State) However, since I cannot for the life of me understand why this line isn't UNC -3.5 or more it's making think Vegas knows something so maybe ND is the right play here. I just wouldn't bet on it. Especially if this game is being officiated by Karl Hess.

chinoloco212

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    chinloco, if NC State can win at Notre Dame, UNC can blow them out. I think you might be overrating Notre Dame based on their one win against Duke. I would remind you that was Duke's first ACC game and right after Coach K's brother had just died. UNC has been inconsistent, but also has shown they can beat anyone. They've won four in a row and have an RPI of 36. Notre Dame's RPI is 105. (and lost at home earlier this season to North Dakota State) However, since I cannot for the life of me understand why this line isn't UNC -3.5 or more it's making think Vegas knows something so maybe ND is the right play here. I just wouldn't bet on it. Especially if this game is being officiated by Karl Hess.
    Thanks for the insight I think the win against duke shows they
    That they are able to beat good teams, what do I need to know about Karl Hess?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Why would or should UNC be -3.5, did you just pick a number out of the air, do you have lines memorized in your head for whoever plays who? Neither team is trustworty, Dame should be hungrier for a win with their struggles, a plus that they are at home and a minus for UNC being on the road where they dont have that crowd influence over the refs like they normally do. I dont see much difference in schedule strength, but good luck, looks like a stay away game to me, if UNC was -3.5 Id be on Dame for sure.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

really like the Irish, they play well at home and UNC has duke in the next game.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why would or should UNC be -3.5, did you just pick a number out of the air, do you have lines memorized in your head for whoever plays who? Neither team is trustworty, Dame should be hungrier for a win with their struggles, a plus that they are at home and a minus for UNC being on the road where they dont have that crowd influence over the refs like they normally do. I dont see much difference in schedule strength, but good luck, looks like a stay away game to me, if UNC was -3.5 Id be on Dame for sure.

The "crowd influence" at the Dean Dome has nothing to do with the refs favoring UNC. Sam Cassel called them a "wine & cheese crowd" for a reason. It's the ACC commissioner. His name is John Swofford. Prior to being ACC Commish he was UNC's athletic's director. And he's the one who controls the refs. He's also shady as hell and dirtier than shit. You know that huge academic fraud scandal UNC is embroiled in and the inexplicable desperation with which they've been trying to keep the whole truth from coming out? Well Swofford was UNC's AD when the whole bogus class system was set up. Do the math.

UNC might not be trustworthy, but Notre Dame is terrible. And UNC seems to have things better figured out now that Leslie McDonald has gotten back into game shape and a feel for his spot in the rotation. (Remember he missed the first ten games) ND traditionally plays well at home, but not so much this year. Not when the crowd has been apathetic and not given a shit because the team sucks. This team lost to Indiana State/North Dakota State/NC State ALL AT HOME. The home court advantage doesn't mean shit this year. And the reason I say -3.5 is because that's usually at least the minimum spread an RPI top 30 team is going to be favored over an RPI 100+ team on the road. Now I totally agree this might be a stay away game, mainly, because the line doesn't make any damn sense to me. Like I said, I think Vegas might know something.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    Thanks for the insight I think the win against duke shows they
    That they are able to beat good teams, what do I need to know about Karl Hess?
    He's a long time ACC official and a huge UNC homer. He was once photographed at an Outback Steakhouse with his whole family decked out in UNC gear. When he refs UNC games they have a one-sided advantage in free throws that's beyond absurd. Pretty much every non-UNC ACC fan hates Hess for this exact reason. ESPN's Scott Van Pelt (Maryland alum) has called him out on twitter a couple times already this year for his BS. Like the UNC-Maryland game @ Chapel Hill where Hess single-handedly kept Maryland from covering after they made a run to cut it to 6. Last year Hess had a couple former NC State players (Tom Gugliotta/Chris Corchiani) ejected from their seats in their own arena during the NC State-UNC game for questioning his calls. If Hess is reffing a UNC game I would not bet against them under any circumstances.

jtoler

The spread of 1 it opened at was right on, more of a matter of which side that 1 should have been on, it was on ND's side for one reason only and that is because the book had a decent feeling it would move towards UNC's side and since it has theyve got that money locked in now, if UNC loses they get paid handsomely. -3.5 in conference on the road is basically saying UNC is at least a 10 pt fav betting wise at home against ND and I dont think they should be. Im hoping it moves more to UNC's side perhaps to 2, dont think it will, maybe 1.5 but ya never know with the kids waking up in the morning placing a last second bet.
    Last edited by jtoler; 02-08-14 at 04:28 AM.

The Madcap

The spread of 1 it opened at was right on, more of a matter of which side that 1 should have been on, it was on ND's side for one reason only and that is because the book had a decent feeling it would move towards UNC's side and since it has theyve got that money locked in now, if UNC loses they get paid handsomely. -3.5 in conference on the road is basically saying UNC is at least a 10 pt fav betting wise at home against ND and I dont think they should be. Im hoping it moves more to UNC's side perhaps to 2, dont think it will, maybe 1.5 but ya never know with the kids waking up in the morning placing a last second bet.
    Like I said, maybe they know something, because the public has been pounding UNC and if UNC wins Vegas is getting absolutely killed. And in the ACC the better team usually wins, even on the road, and UNC is clearly the better team. I also disagree with the "at least a 10pt fav at home" logic as the 7 point rule doesn't hold for every situation, especially with teams like Notre Dame who love to lose between 5-10 points all the time but never more than 15+.

PS: just checked and found ND is 3-10-1 ATS at home this year. Telling you, something is fishy about this line.

jtoler

Youre right adding 3 or 4 for neutral then again for home doesnt always apply to how they set lines, but we're talking in conference, if a team is gonna be favored 3 or more pts on the road they are gonna be favored big at home. But the line is right still dont see why you dont think it is, its for betting purposes remember, its not trying to decide the outcome. Also North Dakota St. isnt a bad squad by any means, I saw that game and they played well, they were good last year, NC State played a heck of a game against Dame also, I was on NC State 1st half that game, ND losing its star seemed to really derail them, nobody really stepping up much, but I see this all the time, and lines are shaded when a team has lost so many in a row, yeah ND won the game before last but lost quite a few before that. Its too late in the season to overadjust, they are who they are, besides UNC is only rated 5 pts better than ND and the SOS isnt significant.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

thanks but nd is straight trash ...unc is grooving

jessetk313
    Update your status
    jessetk313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kenpom has it as Unc -1 so Vegas has it as Unc -1 it's as simple as that. Unc should win this one.

chinoloco212

Im even more convinced that this is going to be a huge winner now so im bumping this up 5 more units
    Notre Dame +1 (20 units) best of luck everyone

ustrcblue
    ustrcblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

sorry but UNC is the bet -1 (2)units and (1)unit first 10 mins -110

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

I'm with you. ND will upset unc

Ronald S.
    Ronald S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Madcap: Great insight bro. Where can you see who the ref will be in a game?

NJcap
    NJcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

got a good start but damn ND last cpl possessions they just give the ball away

NJcap

this is retarded they are just dribbling the ball off there feet

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Hopefully notre dame will win.

NJcap

right now not looking good....getting ass kicked on the boards and turning it over too much....they need to at least change one of these to win

Demonata

bugs me how no calls ever called on north carolina.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Dude chill your making me nervous. I learned a couple of nights ago not to sweat it. I had biose and you know the rest. Killed my 6 team parlay.

Demonata

Well there goes that

NJcap

they can't even inbound the ball wtf

NJcap

please play a better 2nd half...box out and stop turning it over ....unc sucks shit

The Madcap

Youre right adding 3 or 4 for neutral then again for home doesnt always apply to how they set lines, but we're talking in conference, if a team is gonna be favored 3 or more pts on the road they are gonna be favored big at home. But the line is right still dont see why you dont think it is, its for betting purposes remember, its not trying to decide the outcome. Also North Dakota St. isnt a bad squad by any means, I saw that game and they played well, they were good last year, NC State played a heck of a game against Dame also, I was on NC State 1st half that game, ND losing its star seemed to really derail them, nobody really stepping up much, but I see this all the time, and lines are shaded when a team has lost so many in a row, yeah ND won the game before last but lost quite a few before that. Its too late in the season to overadjust, they are who they are, besides UNC is only rated 5 pts better than ND and the SOS isnt significant.
    and that itself should tell you all you need to know. Trust me, I'm a NCSU alum.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald S. View Post
    Madcap: Great insight bro. Where can you see who the ref will be in a game?
    I've never found a consistent place to get that information. However, I don't see Hess out there today. But I might see Jamie Luckie, he's almost worse.

NJcap

what a joke of a team

NJcap

fukking unc can't score another way...nd just hands them the ball and they push for a layup every fukking time...ive seen high school basketball better than this....its not even good defense.....nd just giving it to them

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    bugs me how no calls ever called on north carolina.
    you and everyone else. It's funny to me how people bitch about Duke getting the calls all the time and not UNC. When Duke has a top five team they don't get anymore calls than any other top five team. But when Duke's not top 5, like this year, they actually get called for more fouls and shoot fewer free throws than their opponents like you'd expect. UNC? HELL NO. They ALWAYS get the calls no matter how much they suck. They're averaging--- AVERAGING---27 free throw attempts a game. Some teams in the NBA can't even get to the line that much. Sorry for you fellas who took Notre Dame. This is what happens.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    Notre Dame +1 (15 units) Carolina s overrated and Notre Dame is a tough place to play, fighting irish win by 9
    Or NC wins by 11...you were only off by 20 pts