dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Northeastern vs Delaware

Any thoughts on this game, guys that started capping it do you have the same thoughts as I do?

First this line is small considering Delaware already beat NE at NE by four. You might think the line should be at least 8 or so. However, NE is playing much better ball recently than their record of 7-15
    and they have won their last three away games beating Hofstra, Towson and JM and they were a 5.5 underdog in two of those games. Add to that the fact that books seldom give gifts so I am going to take the points and lay some on the ml too.

Any thoughts? I may be 100% wrong. I have been on a mini winning streak in college baskets so I thought I would end that by giving away one of my selections. lol

doctorlw
    doctorlw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I was looking at this and my initial thoughts were to take Delaware, as they should be favored by more than 5. Some small investigative work told me that Delaware has lost 2 of their starters to suspension for the rest of the month. I am now leaning on Northeastern but I want to see if the line will shift to +5.5 before I actually place a wager.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlw View Post
    I was looking at this and my initial thoughts were to take Delaware, as they should be favored by more than 5. Some small investigative work told me that Delaware has lost 2 of their starters to suspension for the rest of the month. I am now leaning on Northeastern but I want to see if the line will shift to +5.5 before I actually place a wager.

I too started thinking Delaware was the play, and I changed my mind and I didn't even know about the two starters. that is huge however sometimes it backfires and the replacements play a great game. Still this makes me like NE even more. So are you sure about this, and if I may ask where do you get your injury report from.

Thanks

doctorlw
    doctorlw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I went to the Delaware basketball forum to get the fans opinion, which is where I saw a "woe is me" type thread. A quick search on google for "delaware basketball suspension" yielded this: http://www.wboc.com/story/24575051/u...udent-athletes. One of these guys, Threet, averages close to 17 ppg. Together, its 22 ppg they are losing.

Today has a bunch of tough lines, so I'm planning on rolling with Northeastern knowing full well that it's an away game and it can backfire.

I was also leaning Depaul today but they, too, are suffering from a suspension of their leading scorer in Melvin so that is a no play for me now.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlw View Post
    I went to the Delaware basketball forum to get the fans opinion, which is where I saw a "woe is me" type thread. A quick search on google for "delaware basketball suspension" yielded this: http://www.wboc.com/story/24575051/u...udent-athletes. One of these guys, Threet, averages close to 17 ppg. Together, its 22 ppg they are losing.

Today has a bunch of tough lines, so I'm planning on rolling with Northeastern knowing full well that it's an away game and it can backfire.

I was also leaning Depaul today but they, too, are suffering from a suspension of their leading scorer in Melvin so that is a no play for me now.

Thank you sir, I too will be playing on NE tonight so we can cheer or cry in our beer together. However, I am a seasoned loser and I don't bitch about loses any longer. I remember decades ago when I would fire the remote at the tv, now I just sort of laugh and think well what is new. lol But, I am on a little streak. Maybe it ends tonight. The NE/Delaware game is the only one I looked at so far.

Good luck to us

dumdum214
    dumdum214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

They have been supsended the past 2 games. The blew out William and Mary on the road the first game after the suspensions. They also bet UNC Wilmington by just 1 on Saturday. Delaware is definitely the better team and should win this by 8-10.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum214 View Post
    They have been supsended the past 2 games. The blew out William and Mary on the road the first game after the suspensions. They also bet UNC Wilmington by just 1 on Saturday. Delaware is definitely the better team and should win this by 8-10.

No doubt Delaware is the better team, however I think the line should be 8 or 9 and it isn't. Things like this get me concerned.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Take Northeastern. That line should be way higher than +5 given that NE is only 7-15 this year.
    Delaware is 8-0 in the CAA.

Its a trap line. Looks like a gift, but isnt.
    I'd take NE.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Here's the one thing we always seem to forget...The goal of the sports books is to get money on both sides of every bet. Sometimes we try to find meaning in records, win streaks, home/away records etc. Lines like this, that seem too "low" have their purpose. Some call it a trap but spreads don't always reflect what the outcome of the game should be or will be