FR3SH like UgHH
    FR3SH like UgHH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

Duke "SHOULD" beat 'Cuse @ the dome tomar.....

if they don't....

i do not see why 'cuse doesn't go undefeated this yr.

Duke +3

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Duke lost on the road vs Clemson and Notre Dame, don't be fool with the win at Pitt, not impressive with Duke

the don't have enough outside shooting vs the Orangemen zone

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Duke lost on the road vs Clemson and Notre Dame, don't be fool with the win at Pitt, not impressive with Duke

the don't have enough outside shooting vs the Orangemen zone
    I wouldn't go out and say Duke doesn't have enough outside shooting, they are one of the best three point shooting teams in the country...what Duke does not have is the SIZE to go baseline to baseline on Cuse's Zone. Yes Shooting the basketball does help beat the zone, but what is more important is a big man that can get to the free throw line in the middle of that zone and feed it to the roamer on the baseline.. thus creating a defensive 2 man collapse on that sideline roamer which would leave a guy wide open for a three ball..

(hence why Michigan was so successful against Syracuse last year.. Trey Burke setting up Mitch McGary on the free throw line with multiple roamers on the baseline)

Dukes Hood can shoot the three ball and Jabari could be that free throw presence but then they have no Size Roaming the baseline..
    Syracuse frontcourt is full of grown ass Prep School ball players.. Duke will have problems with that zone
    Last edited by 312; 02-01-14 at 05:18 AM.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Can I retract my previous statement

Blue Devils make 41.8% of 3's in ACC play,

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Can I retract my previous statement

Blue Devils make 41.8% of 3's in ACC play,
    Yeah, they have plenty of 3 point shooters, however, Duke has historically struggled shooting in domes. I know this is a different group of kids, but that dome is huge in comparison to the friendly shooting background at Cameron.