No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two potential plays Thursday -- opinions?

Mississippi State +13.5 at home against Florida. Trying to figure out why this line is so high. UF is very good, but MSU has been solid at home. I know the Bulldogs were blown out twice by the Gators last season, but they're a deep team that's 11-1 on their own court.

Purdue +11.5 at Michigan. Wolverines are as hot as anyone, but the Boilermakers are playing solid ball and I always like taking DD dogs in the Big Ten (see Northwestern last night). PU is fully capable of catching U-M in a soft spot here after an emotional week and at least covering the spread.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I'm done trying to catch Florida w/ inflated lines as they burn me everytime. I Just tired of playing dogs that I don't feel can win just because the line is high...

Pretty much same rationale for Mich, but i see the value your looking for.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I'm done trying to catch Florida w/ inflated lines as they burn me everytime. I Just tired of playing dogs that I don't feel can win just because the line is high...

Pretty much same rationale for Mich, but i see the value your looking for.
    Florida is really, really good, but man, 13.5 on the road in a conference game?

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Msu is not a deep team. Their rotation includes guys who will play hard, but also includes a guy from the football team that just joined the team. The only starters who possibly can comptete with FL is Ware and Sword and I expect Ware is in foul trouble early with Floridas penetration.

See the Ole miss game the other day. Down by 20, their bnch goes and plays harder than then starters. Fl is a lot more athletic and could blow them out of the gym. If Ray pulls the same stunt and benches the starters, FL will smell blood and not let them back in the game like Ole Miss did.

I am passing on this one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    Msu is not a deep team. Their rotation includes guys who will play hard, but also includes a guy from the football team that just joined the team. The only starters who possibly can comptete with FL is Ware and Sword and I expect Ware is in foul trouble early with Floridas penetration.

See the Ole miss game the other day. Down by 20, their bnch goes and plays harder than then starters. Fl is a lot more athletic and could blow them out of the gym. If Ray pulls the same stunt and benches the starters, FL will smell blood and not let them back in the game like Ole Miss did.

I am passing on this one.
    Thanks for your insight.

I do admit I like Purdue more than Mississippi State at this point.

Also looking at UTEP and San Diego right now. Providence looks good to go, but the line seems high in Marquette's favor.

What about Houston +14 at UConn?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Forget Miss State.

Purdue another story. Michigan lines have finally flipped in value. No clue what the numbers are but I'd imagine big spreads are not faring well in the Big Ten this year.

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

No clue about Houston. I live in the south and follow the SEC closely so just did not want you fooled by the MSU team. The SEC is a conference where crazy shit happens. Like last night, a USCe teambeating TXAM by 20 plus. Lsu who is not a great team beating KY. Reastically, I could see this conference getting 2 bids in the tourney in FL and KY.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

2-0. Nice backdoor cover by Purdue.

Too bad Houston got cold-cocked. Forgot they had beaten UConn earlier in the season down there. Horrible oversight on my part.