Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Goodfella's NCAA Tuesday (11/24/09) - WRITE UPS

NCAA BBALL (2-6-1) (-6.8 UNITS)

SO MUCH FOR MY LOGIC SO FAR

****CORNELL +13.5
    Syracuse is coming off a big week last week with wins against UNC and Cal. Cornell on the other hand, suffered a 10pt loss to Seton Hall after beating Alabama and UMass. Cornell is very capable of keeping this game in single digits. They managed to lose by only 10pts last year against Syracuse and they also return their top 6 players from that team. Although Cuse has a 2-3 matchup zone that makes it hard for their opponents to shoot well, I think Cornell will find a way to do so. They rely heavily on the 3pt shot and shoot it very well. Cornell also has a great amount of experience and they play hard and don’t give up. Their balanced scoring will also be a huge plus against a team like Syracuse. The 2-3 zone is able to shut down teams that have limited options and poor shooters. There are plenty of great things to say about Syracuse and they without a doubt have the talent advantage in this game. In the end though, I feel that Cornell’s ability to shoot the 3 coupled with their experience will keep this within 13.

**WISCONSIN -1.5

I give Wisconsin the edge due to their ability to play defense. They really make it difficult for opposing teams to score. The Zags are mixing a lot of new players together after the departure of 4 starters. Bouldin, Goodson, and Grey have been around the block, but outside of Sacre this team is still meshing. Both teams are very good rebounding teams and the battle of the boards should be fun to watch. I love the experience of Wisconsin’s backcourt with Bohannon and Hughes, both of which take smart shots and shoot well. Wisconsin isn’t as talented on the offensive end as in year’s past, but their defense makes up for it. Give me two similarly talented teams (Gonzaga may have a slight edge) with two great coaches and I will take the team that is the better defensive team anyday on a neutral court.

KingCrimson21
    KingCrimson21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope both of those come through for you.

Goodfella10

Thanks Crimson. I need to bounce back after a tough start. Hopefully tonight is that night.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

i am not sure if Cornell is able to stop Cuse.
    it true that the only way to beat zone-marking is by hitting 3-pointers, but there is also a choise for the defenders to switch at a men-to-men marking, you know.

transition game will destroy Cornell, i guess.

i am not sure yet, i f i touch this game, but i am not confident for your pick at all.

BOL my friend

Goodfella10

I don't think they will be playing man to man tonight. I read this on Foxsports about Cuse.

"I just wanted to find out if we could play some man-to-man this year. LeMoyne executed well and they have a nice team. We played man-to-man and realized we can't. We tried to play 10 guys and realized we can't," Boeheim said. "We learned from that, went back to working on the zone and intensified it a bit. ... The defense is better than the past few years. The offense could be, but the defense is better and that's what has been the difference."

For what it is worth.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella10 View Post
    I don't think they will be playing man to man tonight. I read this on Foxsports about Cuse.

"I just wanted to find out if we could play some man-to-man this year. LeMoyne executed well and they have a nice team. We played man-to-man and realized we can't. We tried to play 10 guys and realized we can't," Boeheim said. "We learned from that, went back to working on the zone and intensified it a bit. ... The defense is better than the past few years. The offense could be, but the defense is better and that's what has been the difference."

For what it is worth.
    thanks for that mate.
    that was honestly useful post for me.
    i will not touch it, just watch the game.
    good luck

Goodfella10

Thanks. Glad I could contribute something besides losses to the forum.

50cent
    50cent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

get them next goodfella...

Goodfella10

50cent I think I am finished for awhile. I will hang around and support others, but I can't win any game I post on here. I know it sounds like a guy who sits around and makes excuses and acts like he knows his shit, or maybe I am superstitious, but I really do win when I don't post my picks. Oh well, thanks for being supportive in tough times my friend.

Goodfella10

Goodfella's NCAA Monday (11/30/09)

Sorry mistake.