LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

TCU Could be in a Nice Spot as Home Dog Saturday

Would Texas Tech even be favored if they did not beat Baylor last game? Red Raiders were just an 8-8 team before that upset and are 0-4 in true road games this season. TCU may be 0-4 inside the Big 12, but all four teams they lost to are ranked considerably higher than Texas Tech on Pomeroy (90th). Also TCU figures to spend a lot more time at the foul line. Seems like a good situational spot to take advantage of what could be a padded line.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

We are really bad

I don't see us winning a Big 12 game this year. We already played the 7th & 8th best teams in the Big 12 at home and lost. Texas Tech is 9th... if we can't beat them then its likely 0-18

Ever since Big 12 play has started we have gotten killed on the boards because 3 of our 4 post players are injured. Karvair Shepherd is the only one... if he is in foul trouble its over. Even then he is a freshman and is still having to compete against more experience bigs. Texas Tech is ranked 19th in offensive rebounding % and 33rd in total rebounding %. TCU is 302nd in total rebounding %. This isn't good news for the Frogs. Even against Oklahoma State who is in the bottom half of Division 1 in rebounding, we still lost the rebounding margin by a pretty big number.

Frogs are also poor at shooting. 284th in effective field goal percentage... that with the lack of offensive rebounding means that its difficult for us to put up runs. Getting to the line is the key but it hasn't been as easy in the Big 12 and free throw percentage has declined in conference play.

Basically TCU will only win if they can hit some 3s. Brandon Parrish or Kyan Anderson or Amric Fields will have to step up and knock some down. We aren't beating anybody trading 2s for 3s. Against West Virginia they did just that and still lost, but in every other Big 12 game there has been a poor 3 point shooting performance and blowout losses to follow.

I have this capped as a 7 point Texas Tech win and think their edge in rebounding and size will be too much today. I will still be at the game though

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

TCU is garbage...if it wasnt for a freak win over Kansas last year their first win in conference would have been in march against oklahoma I expect it to be no different this year.... stay away from this team.. bookie's are banking on people taking this team for the sake of playing the angle of "they are bound to get a win in conference eventually" I have tech capped around 9 today.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    TCU is garbage...if it wasnt for a freak win over Kansas last year their first win in conference would have been in march against oklahoma I expect it to be no different this year.... stay away from this team.. bookie's are banking on people taking this team for the sake of playing the angle of "they are bound to get a win in conference eventually" I have tech capped around 9 today.
    Agree, TCU is worse than last year. Last year they had 5 seniors and though the seniors might not have had Big 12 talent, they were hustle players and played hard and had experience. They also had more size last year. This year TCU has freshman that have Big 12 talent, but are inexperienced and it has shown in Big 12 play. I'd rather have experienced seniors with less talent, than inexperienced freshman with more talent.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

frogsrangers - I'll be at the game too, sitting courtside. Something tells me to stay away from this one. Maybe a really small play on TT -2 since the person that's taking me is a TT alum haha

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    frogsrangers - I'll be at the game too, sitting courtside. Something tells me to stay away from this one. Maybe a really small play on TT -2 since the person that's taking me is a TT alum haha
    I wont say exactly where I am sitting but if you are where I think you are it will be pretty close to where I am at

TheChumba
    TheChumba's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

That was an ugly offensive game