LetsStreak2442
    LetsStreak2442's Avatar Become A Pro!

Post your best play 1/15/2014

Post your best play today and why you like them. I will try to give my opinions as quickly as possible.

Tboonepickem
    Tboonepickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5430

Wake -2.5

LetsStreak2442

I like the play. Rate it as a 3* play. Wake has size and NCST really gets troubled with teams that have size. Law of averages say they will shoot well tonight due to their putrid performance against UVA but with the size means most shots will come outside the paint. Look for wake to win. Not handedly, but will pull it out.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

my best play prob be a total depending on numbers we get..as of now i like ri+8.5, st bonnies+10.5 and maryland-4.. but almost positive there a total ill like more if i can get number i want on 1 of a few gms..

jobmanc
    jobmanc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3066

Umass -5 and Baylor -4 both are complete mismatch's on paper. Not sure why the lines are so low? I would think that they would be more around -9 or -9.5. Am I missing something here?

LetsStreak2442

I think UMASS loses tonight...been playing wayyyyy too many close games lately and let's be honest. They are good but they are not top 25. Baylor -4 is a nice play...that sould jump to 5-5.5 by tip. Texas Tech is a tough place to play but not tough team to play against.

UMD and UND have to be the most inconsistent teams ever so i try to lay off of them. i would lay on home team but never know. I am a big St louis believer so i think that the st louis -10.5 could turn into a game like creighton and baylor last night. Bonnies score 50 points and ST louis puts up home avg. Rhode Island + 8.5 seems like good value consider la salle is not that powerful and they play alot of close games but do note that URI consistently lays the egg during conference season. a 5 point lead throughout the game can easily turn into a 10 point game at the end.

jobmanc

Thanks for the info streak. I needed someone to talk me out of that UMASS play as it is one of those that looks good but I would probably regret later on tonight.

LetsStreak2442

I do not know if I have the kahunas to take them but UMASS been playing way too many close games to win on the road against a quality team. It is games like UK -1 and ISU -3 vs KU and ISU -4 @ OU and Colorado -3.5 @ Washington that make novice people go OMG EASY WIN. When in reality no road game is easy...and on top of it when it is a game the refs will let the underdog play tough defense...anything can happen.

LetsStreak2442

Baylor is another one. I have to look more in details because ISU played @ tech this year and pulled out the win and I do not think very highly of Tech being a big 12 guy myself (Kansas fan here). Right now I like Baylor but that could change.

LetsStreak2442

another red flag was UK being favored by 2 and the line moving to 1. Reverse line movement almost always screams fishy. If Umass line goes to -4 or even stays at -4.5...def stay away.

2daBank

i watch a ton of slu, i luv them but they are no creighton, they been waxing slouches at home cause their d is suffocating no doubt, off a road trip where they solidified their road warrior status i think they get little more of a test at home tonight as bonnies have a lot of size and think as long as they dont turn the rock over too much they will keep slu offense well in check.. only way slu gets to 70 imo is if bonnies are just incredibly sloppy with the ball or it just played at a higher tempo and bonnies score as well.. i think bonnies improved from last season and still not sure slu is quite as good at this point.. think double digits is too much, biggest difference between creighton and this is butler had to slow down a offense there no way they could keep pace with which was a tough task.. in this case styles are much more favorable for double digits to be too much..in fact now i actually like the +10.5 more cause im thinking that there no way slu should be as big a fav vs bonnies as creighton was vs butler..

you right nd and maryland inconsistent as hell, ive struggled with maryland been pretty good with nd.. the main thing for me here is nd philosophy has changed and while it great they now look to score more this the worst brey defense i can recall seeing. terps been playing a bunch of really good defenses and think tonight against the irish the rim gonna look a little bit bigger..

thanx for your reply!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LetsStreak2442 View Post
    I do not know if I have the kahunas to take them but UMASS been playing way too many close games to win on the road against a quality team. It is games like UK -1 and ISU -3 vs KU and ISU -4 @ OU and Colorado -3.5 @ Washington that make novice people go OMG EASY WIN. When in reality no road game is easy...and on top of it when it is a game the refs will let the underdog play tough defense...anything can happen.
    i love umass and not sure i agree about them not being a top 25 team (only time will tell) but i wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole tonight,...

LetsStreak2442

Don't get me wrong I am huge A-10 enthusiast but I think UMASS trips up tonight...fishy line + first road game in a while + GM being not great but a quality team sounds iffy. UMASS is definitely in the conversation for top 25 team. Just think they are playing their best ball right now and peaking early.

Love Chazzzzzzzz tho

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

I like texas A&M -6. Texas A&M is been on a roll lately and SC has not. SC can play decent at times but usually not on the road. The under on this game may be a good look too.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fresno State +15

LetsStreak2442

I do NOT GET the Texas A&M line...at home and the better team. SCAR is awful on the road and does not have offensive firepower. This is another good play and should jump to 7 by tip.

LetsStreak2442

Against quality opponents, Fresno St is not scoring over 60 points. Considering SD ST does like to run when given the chances off of misses, this is an iffy bet. I see this being a 12-18 point game. SD ST is a big team on confidence too...if fresno can stick for first 10 minutes they have a good chance.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i watch a ton of slu, i luv them but they are no creighton, they been waxing slouches at home cause their d is suffocating no doubt, off a road trip where they solidified their road warrior status i think they get little more of a test at home tonight as bonnies have a lot of size and think as long as they dont turn the rock over too much they will keep slu offense well in check.. only way slu gets to 70 imo is if bonnies are just incredibly sloppy with the ball or it just played at a higher tempo and bonnies score as well.. i think bonnies improved from last season and still not sure slu is quite as good at this point.. think double digits is too much, biggest difference between creighton and this is butler had to slow down a offense there no way they could keep pace with which was a tough task.. in this case styles are much more favorable for double digits to be too much..in fact now i actually like the +10.5 more cause im thinking that there no way slu should be as big a fav vs bonnies as creighton was vs butler..

you right nd and maryland inconsistent as hell, ive struggled with maryland been pretty good with nd.. the main thing for me here is nd philosophy has changed and while it great they now look to score more this the worst brey defense i can recall seeing. terps been playing a bunch of really good defenses and think tonight against the irish the rim gonna look a little bit bigger..

thanx for your reply!!
    I was thinking Bonnies with the points too 2dB, but I also wanted to play SLU (ML) in a 4-team parlay tonight.
    Do you see a possible upset tonight?
    Bonnies played UMass tough last game - same tonight?
    Thanks.

jobmanc

The Baylor line just went down to -3.5 and 98% of the bets are on Baylor. That has to be a bad sign. As far as SD St. goes does anyone thing that there is a chance that they completely blow it and lose the game straight up?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I was thinking Bonnies with the points too 2dB, but I also wanted to play SLU (ML) in a 4-team parlay tonight.
    Do you see a possible upset tonight?
    Bonnies played UMass tough last game - same tonight?
    Thanks.
    prob not a upset.. i dont think either of the a-10 teams i like with the points necessarily win just think -7 or so is prob closer to right in both cases..i mean it college hoops so more shocking things happen but i doubt it..

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    prob not a upset.. i dont think either of the a-10 teams i like with the points necessarily win just think -7 or so is prob closer to right in both cases..i mean it college hoops so more shocking things happen but i doubt it..
    Thanks man. I like SLU a lot this year and have been very consistent the last few seasons. If they don't have scoring problems, should be an easy win for Billikens and their stern D.

LetsStreak2442

ST Louis WILL NOT lose tonight

Baylor line moved?! unreal lol

jobmanc

thinking about putting SD St. in a ML parley tonight. The line keeps dropping on that game also... Any way they lose straight up?

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by jobmanc View Post
    thinking about putting SD St. in a ML parley tonight. The line keeps dropping on that game also... Any way they lose straight up?
    I was thinking the same, but already placed my parlay for today. I thought that SD St. game was the safest as they come at the line they're at.

Here is my parlay (involves other sports):
    Clev-Port (ML) / Seahawks (+3) / St Bonnies - StL U (ML) / Vancouver - Anaheim Ducks (+1)
    1 unit to win 1.25 units

Quick rundowns:
    Portland looking to get back to the way they were playing a few weeks ago - tough tough at home - Cleveland poor on road + on a b2b.
    Seahawks plus a FG looks really good to me - hedging my SF (+4.5) bet.
    SLU - one of best teams in A-10 and maybe best D - very good home team
    Ducks - have not lost in regulation at home this year (19-0-2)!!! Enough said

I would be upset and baffled if any of the 3 games tonight does not hit - very confident in these.
    Last edited by RollinDo; 01-15-14 at 10:59 AM.

LetsStreak2442

SD ST will not lose tonight...cover is a different story.

LetsStreak2442

Seahawks +3???

jobmanc

Niners are looking tough right now. Wilson is not playing the same that he was earlier in the season. take the points with the Niners or get the +3 and get it to 3.5. The more points in the playoffs the better. If the Niners stop the beast and the seahawks have no run game they are in trouble.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by jobmanc View Post
    Niners are looking tough right now. Wilson is not playing the same that he was earlier in the season. take the points with the Niners or get the +3 and get it to 3.5. The more points in the playoffs the better. If the Niners stop the beast and the seahawks have no run game they are in trouble.
    Already have 49ers at +4.5
    I am hedging this bet, as I think Seattle wins SU.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

No mention of Sparty-11 yet. Nobody like that line? So what, NW won a game in the 40's on Sunday when most people was probably on a not so good Illinois team. Their not going to be able to hold MSU to a low score like that. There is a good chance that they score under 50 imo. Has Payne been ruled out? I think they cover with or without him
    Last edited by chalk46; 01-15-14 at 02:05 PM.

jdooley3
    jdooley3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I have a four game teaser +10 on the following, what are your thoughts?

Miss. St. +21
    Rhode Island +19.5
    Georgetown + 16
    Notre Dame +15

LetsStreak2442

I am a big fan of making +5 teasers into +15...I do not like when people make -6 teasers into +4 because that EASILY can lose.

I love your teaser!! think it has great value. A lot of ROAD but games should be close

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Ticket#:27466933
    Jan 15 07:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jan 15 02:06 PM CBB STRAIGHT BET
    [756] DELAWARE -5½-105
    105 / 100

bambiankles
    bambiankles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

im loving rhode island +9.5

ChrisM123
    ChrisM123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

Baylor -4 bigggg

LetsStreak2442

Delaware could be without one of their best players so it is iffy. Rhode Island is good but has been known to suck during conference play and et blown out on the road by 10+

Baylor is a great line but sounds fishy

12 Last