Bobby knight breaking shit right now

excellent coaching performance by tom crean though

lkid buried in 3.2.1

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

BOOOOM!

Yes. Exactly. These guys are considered blue bloods of the sport.

Arizona doesn't rush the court, and we're not in the tier. Not even during our darkest days.

That's some sad shit, Indiana. Sad sad shit.

Every student on that court needs to take a lap.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    BOOOOM!

Yes. Exactly. These guys are considered blue bloods of the sport.

Arizona doesn't rush the court, and we're not in the tier. Not even during our darkest days.

That's some sad shit, Indiana. Sad sad shit.

Every student on that court needs to take a lap.
    yeah

they did lol

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Season is long. Upset a top team, it's justified to storm the court regardless of pedigree. Big win, have some fun, blow off some steam, fade Hoosiers next game.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Ul has never rushed court in history maybe that's why I'm biased

I get the kids having fun but this isn't northwestern this is IU

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

This:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...dent-sections/

Since many schools are beginning to ruin one of college basketball’s greatest and most entertaining visuals after an improbable victory, I have decided to lay out the ground rules that all schools and student sections should follow when it comes to storming the court.

Rule #1: The opposing team must be ranked in the Top 25

While beating a team like North Carolina is always a marquee victory for any school, the win shouldn’t be as highly touted if the Tar Heels are having an off year. Yes, even if you’re the College of Charleston and may only beat the Heels one time in your school’s history.

If your opponent is unranked, a court storming isn’t warranted.

Rule #2: Your team cannot be ranked in the Top 25

If your squad is receiving enough recognition and playing well enough to be nationally ranked, then you are to remain in the bleachers after a big victory.

Even if you beat a top five team on the final shot of the ball game, the excitement and jubilation you experience needs to be controlled from your seat.

With the way college basketball is these days, it shouldn’t be a huge surprise that a ranked team takes down a top-tier opponent at home.

Rule #3: Schools with an NCAA Championship are not permitted to storm the floor

That’s right, I’m talking about you Indiana, North Carolina, Syracuse, and any other school rich in basketball tradition that has stormed the court.

I don’t care how bad your season has been, how much your program has suffered for years, or how good the opponent was, if you’re a school that has a banner hanging on the inside of your arena you should never rush the floor. Ever.

You should be expecting to win big games over top teams, not surprised.

Rule #4: If your team has reached the NCAA tournament three consecutive years, stay off the floor

This is a rule for some, not all schools. Really, all BCS schools should follow this rule while mid-major teams are the exception.

Typically if you’ve been able to make it to the NCAA tournament for three consecutive seasons, it means you’ve won some pretty significant games against formidable opposition, at least for those major conferences.

It is a little different story for the mid-major conferences, who could simply win three straight conference tournament championships and not have one significant win in all three seasons. If your team gets in because of good tournament play and has yet to beat a top 25 squad, feel free to rush the floor.

Rule #5: BCS schools never rush the court after a win over a mid-major conference opponent

I understand that there are some really good mid-major schools out there. Gonzaga is always a tournament team; Butler has made it two NCAA title games in the past four years; and Xavier is no stranger to the national polls.

However, even if these teams are in the top five, a team like Rutgers shouldn’t be headed to the court after a victory.

Bigger schools have more resources and typically more students. A win over a mid-major team, no matter how good, shouldn’t impress you enough to storm the court.

Rule #6: If you meet the qualifications, don’t half-ass your celebration

Now, if your team has met all of the qualifications and the game has ended up being a complete shocker to the world, run wild in celebration to experience the joy of a major victory on a national level with the players.

But when you rush the court, there is still one rule you need to follow: don’t half-ass your approach to storming the court.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 01-14-14 at 08:25 PM.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were #1 last year for Christ's sake, that's the worst part. Act like you've been there before.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Embarrassing, though I can't say much as Cuse fans like to rush the court and I did it myself, though I was 14. It is fun but big names should never feel the need to rush the court.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Dammit Viller why didn't we bet it? That should have been an easy Sbr poker chat winner. Effin s Illinois str up winner too!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Arky baby arky free rolling second half

nice call SIU

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

If I'm at a game and win a 25 dollar wager I'm storming the court
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1, and GHSCREW

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

LKid1, hope you didn't tail on Oklahoma. Lost by the hook

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Oklahoma was solid play I passed on the 6, on to the next one

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

they had lost what 12 in a row to wisky? plus they were #3 while indy was unranked.

storming the court was mandatory.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Louisville doesn't qualify to rush the court because theyve never ated a team in the top25.

Or is that just football?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Can't worry about mundane shit like this. They're kids.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I may be the only one, but I think storming the court/field is badass.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Louisville doesn't qualify to rush the court because theyve never ated a team in the top25.

Or is that just football?
    True they just won the national championship playing the #1 overall schedule

great contribution to the site per usual

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Humour went straight over your head

per usual

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    This:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...dent-sections/

Since many schools are beginning to ruin one of college basketball’s greatest and most entertaining visuals after an improbable victory, I have decided to lay out the ground rules that all schools and student sections should follow when it comes to storming the court.

Rule #1: The opposing team must be ranked in the Top 25

While beating a team like North Carolina is always a marquee victory for any school, the win shouldn’t be as highly touted if the Tar Heels are having an off year. Yes, even if you’re the College of Charleston and may only beat the Heels one time in your school’s history.

If your opponent is unranked, a court storming isn’t warranted.

Rule #2: Your team cannot be ranked in the Top 25

If your squad is receiving enough recognition and playing well enough to be nationally ranked, then you are to remain in the bleachers after a big victory.

Even if you beat a top five team on the final shot of the ball game, the excitement and jubilation you experience needs to be controlled from your seat.

With the way college basketball is these days, it shouldn’t be a huge surprise that a ranked team takes down a top-tier opponent at home.

Rule #3: Schools with an NCAA Championship are not permitted to storm the floor

That’s right, I’m talking about you Indiana, North Carolina, Syracuse, and any other school rich in basketball tradition that has stormed the court.

I don’t care how bad your season has been, how much your program has suffered for years, or how good the opponent was, if you’re a school that has a banner hanging on the inside of your arena you should never rush the floor. Ever.

You should be expecting to win big games over top teams, not surprised.

Rule #4: If your team has reached the NCAA tournament three consecutive years, stay off the floor

This is a rule for some, not all schools. Really, all BCS schools should follow this rule while mid-major teams are the exception.

Typically if you’ve been able to make it to the NCAA tournament for three consecutive seasons, it means you’ve won some pretty significant games against formidable opposition, at least for those major conferences.

It is a little different story for the mid-major conferences, who could simply win three straight conference tournament championships and not have one significant win in all three seasons. If your team gets in because of good tournament play and has yet to beat a top 25 squad, feel free to rush the floor.

Rule #5: BCS schools never rush the court after a win over a mid-major conference opponent

I understand that there are some really good mid-major schools out there. Gonzaga is always a tournament team; Butler has made it two NCAA title games in the past four years; and Xavier is no stranger to the national polls.

However, even if these teams are in the top five, a team like Rutgers shouldn’t be headed to the court after a victory.

Bigger schools have more resources and typically more students. A win over a mid-major team, no matter how good, shouldn’t impress you enough to storm the court.

Rule #6: If you meet the qualifications, don’t half-ass your celebration

Now, if your team has met all of the qualifications and the game has ended up being a complete shocker to the world, run wild in celebration to experience the joy of a major victory on a national level with the players.

But when you rush the court, there is still one rule you need to follow: don’t half-ass your approach to storming the court.
    Absolutely nailed it

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

the rule has always been "if teams storm the floor on you in the past.. you have no business doing it"