GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is anyone else noticing?

Starting to look at these conference games as the bookies tighten up and get perfect lines. What i've noticed is that its starting to look wearisome for the bettor. Take for example Maryland

A couple nights ago I picked Florida State -6.5 against a weak Maryland team. They cruised to win by 20-30. Now tomorrow Maryland is a 4 point favorite against Notre Dame. Clearly something is up. Even if Maryland is at home, I have no idea how the book makers even came close to that line. Notre Dame is no top-25 team, but still that's insane.

Maybe its me just freaking out, but its getting freaky here during Conf. Play

mahncpa
    mahncpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3000

You are right. ND is a good example, but they, like others are up and down. ND beats dook, loses to NC State and then State gets
    beat at home by 31 by Virginia. Hard to explain, good observation.

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

MD much better team at home. they got rocked at pitt and fsu.... Turgeon probably has them working esp hard this wk and I bet they play much better tomorrow. MD has decent talent but word on the street is that Turgeon is throwing players under bus too much and needs to take some responsibility for losses as well which it sounds like he is starting to do based on recent interview. I bet players respond and this is a closer game than at first glance. GL if u bet !

localdallasbook
    localdallasbook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crbravens23 View Post
    MD much better team at home. they got rocked at pitt and fsu.... Turgeon probably has them working esp hard this wk and I bet they play much better tomorrow. MD has decent talent but word on the street is that Turgeon is throwing players under bus too much and needs to take some responsibility for losses as well which it sounds like he is starting to do based on recent interview. I bet players respond and this is a closer game than at first glance. GL if u bet !
    I mean right away I was on ND +4, but I haven't seen a line like this where I thought it would be a complete 10 points in the other direction. I'm not saying that MD is a bad team (they almost beat my team UConn early in the season), but this really just shocked me , and I felt the need to point it out