WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

1/14/14 St Johns at Depaul

WHATALOSER OVERALL 20-13(+7.36) ATS 5-7(-2.52) ML 1-1(+.72) TOTALS 14-5(+9.16)
    NBA- 0-0 NCAAB- 9-5 NFL- 3-4
    NCAAF- 8-3 NHL- 0-1 MLB- 0-0
    1/13/14 recap 1-0 [Kansas -1]

St Johns at Depaul +2(-106) pinnacle

In a game where both teams are basically evenly matched, as in both can't shoot, I'll take the home team and the points. Leading scorer for St John's, guard D' Angelo Harrison is officially a game time decision(mild concussion from Saturday against Villanova) but I'm assuming he'll play. I'm sure Depaul knows St John's has beaten them 8 straight times and they'll put forth one hell of an effort at home tonight to end that streak.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

3 straight losses for the redmen ends tonight! I know, its Red Storm anyway it ends tonight.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

I am liking this pick as well. If harrison doesn't play, it looks like a good bet to take depaul in this one. Will be watching this one closely

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by dotheopposite View Post
    I am liking this pick as well. If harrison doesn't play, it looks like a good bet to take depaul in this one. Will be watching this one closely
    Rumor has it Harrison was cleared by a doctor before the plane ride to Chicago...

but he did not practice on monday.

NYCwiseguy
    NYCwiseguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    Rumor has it Harrison was cleared by a doctor before the plane ride to Chicago...

im a johnny alum n no way should they be favs on rd at depaul
    jonnys have a big problem w jakarr sampson not improvin his game this yr a real disapointment
    harrison is a headcase who worries more about his next tatto then scorin on the court!
    Have not seen Depaul play this yr but if they can play ZoneDef well n rebound
    they should win at home to a underachieving team relyin on a star froshh ptG 4 leadership
    Lavin is in the hotseat bec its yr 4 n the only BIG nyc star moe harkless left after 1yr
    the guy on Nova from Bishop Loughlin should have been a Johnny !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCwiseguy View Post
    im a johnny alum n no way should they be favs on rd at depaul
    jonnys have a big problem w jakarr sampson not improvin his game this yr a real disapointment
    harrison is a headcase who worries more about his next tatto then scorin on the court!
    Have not seen Depaul play this yr but if they can play ZoneDef well n rebound
    they should win at home to a underachieving team relyin on a star froshh ptG 4 leadership
    Lavin is in the hotseat bec its yr 4 n the only BIG nyc star moe harkless left after 1yr
    the guy on Nova from Bishop Loughlin should have been a Johnny !!!
    No argument here, St.Johns is statistically god awful in every way and should be a lot better with the Talent they have... they underachieve for sure playing for Lavin (who imo is a con-artist of a basketball coach)

I'm slightly leaning on DePaul in this game.. the win at Butler has this teams confidence up, Tommy Hamilton (Center) and Billy Garrett Jr are starting to figure out how to win games.

The Pressure is on the head coach over at DePaul.. this game will mean a lot more to DePaul than it will for St.Johns.
    Last edited by 312; 01-14-14 at 02:59 PM.

NYCwiseguy

No argument here, St.Johns is statistically god awful in every way and should be a lot better with the Talent they have... they underachieve for sure playing for Lavin (who imo is a con-artist of a basketball coach)

I'm slightly leaning on DePaul in this game.. the win at Butler has this teams confidence up, Tommy Hamilton (Center) and Billy Garrett Jr are starting to figure out how to win games.
    How is Depauls point guard?
    I will watch n root 4 my school but not bet on them or ag. them bec its too close to call
    If no one can guard Jordan n he gets Sampsom involved early the Johnnys could romp but Lavin has not done well after he got prostate cancer n lost his XnO assistant to nba

Quote Originally Posted by NYCwiseguy View Post
    How is Depauls point guard?
    I will watch n root 4 my school but not bet on them or ag. them bec its too close to call
    If no one can guard Jordan n he gets Sampsom involved early the Johnnys could romp but Lavin has not done well after he got prostate cancer n lost his XnO assistant to nba
    playing well granted this kid is a freshmen and makes rookie mistakes from time to time.. he's getting more confident leading this team.. hit some big shots vs butler and made that game winner on Northwestern..

The key to DePaul winning this game and DePauls season is Tommy Hamilton.. hes been in the doghouse lately but played huge vs Butler, if he shows up for DePaul tonight they win

NYCwiseguy

playing well granted this kid is a freshmen and makes rookie mistakes from time to time.. he's getting more confident leading this team.. hit some big shots vs butler and made that game winner on Northwestern..

The key to DePaul winning this game and DePauls season is Tommy Hamilton.. hes been in the doghouse lately but played huge vs Butler, if he shows up for DePaul tonight they win
    Hamilton is a big guy forward or guard ??

ok thanks well fresh pg Raysheed Jordan has star talent but Lavin has not taken off his training wheels n still lets DLo Harrison lead the offense a big mistake so far
    Jordan has played good ag Nova his home school but not enough minutes to become the QB of a team needing one!
    he hurt his ankle last week but still played ok
    DLo flyin to chi town game time call on his Playin

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Depaul is the play boys for arty

Quote Originally Posted by artyfudgepacker View Post
    Depaul is the play boys for arty
    Karl Hess is one of the refs calling the game.. so far DePaul is 2-8 since 2008 when this guy is calling their games.
    Last edited by 312; 01-14-14 at 05:56 PM.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

The Pressure is on the head coach over at DePaul.. this game will mean a lot more to DePaul than it will for St.Johns.
    Yep I dont like this Stt Johns coach either, you're right on the money, these Red Storms are athletic, very talented but are being held back by the coach. St J should still; take it

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I thought Harrison would play and I went with the red storm but that is a lot of points to lose 18ppg. Last I checked St. Johns was up by a point w/out Harrison! This will be close to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    I thought Harrison would play and I went with the red storm but that is a lot of points to lose 18ppg. Last I checked St. Johns was up by a point w/out Harrison! This will be close to the end.
    I figured he would too.. right now its tied at 38 with St.Johns Shooting 100% from the three and almost 50 percent from the field, DePaul is shooting a horrid 11 percent from the 3 and 39 percent from the field.. you would expect st.johns to be up by at least 8 with they way they are shooting..

I dont expect St.Johns to continue shooting like this all game. but your right should be a close one.

WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Harrison is playing. St John's is 5-5 from 3 point land in the 1st half.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Hooper loses St John the game. 75-77

NYCwiseguy

Quote Originally Posted by lucullus View Post
    Hooper loses St John the game. 75-77
    As i predicted team has no chemistry on offense except when branch came off the bench w a spark
    they stayed in game on the best shootin nite of the season but still lost outright
    no way were they justified 3pt fav off 3 losses

sanchez 6ft9 is not getting the ball enough
    sampson is hot n cold
    jordan is still growin

dlo harrison played great off the concussion
    the johnnys have a #64ranked top 6 strength of schedule
    if Lavin ever gets his starting 5 right they might will be dancin w sanchez, sampson, DLo jordan, r a must to start