2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Tues NCAA hoops discussion

On my phone and will pick up the conversation later but just starting this thread now cause it a good looking card at 1st glance and there 1 game I had to pop soon as I saw line.

Wiscy-4.... Pretty much went to -4.5 right after I played it but still would play there. Seems to me worst case is it closes few points higher and I can play other side but damn that felt short to me...

AnywAys just thought I'd get the party started and will come back to thread and rest of card when I get home later on so feel free to post any games u like and we can discuss them later...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Stranger things have happened, but Wisconsin should throttle Indiana.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Stranger things have happened, but Wisconsin should throttle Indiana.
    Couldn't believe that line when I saw it. Reminds me of the spArty line, think Hoosiers still getting little too much credit. I mean yea stranger things, that why I love college hoops tho, fire away at every good number u can get and should work out at end of the season..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Couldn't believe that line when I saw it. Reminds me of the spArty line, think Hoosiers still getting little too much credit. I mean yea stranger things, that why I love college hoops tho, fire away at every good number u can get and should work out at end of the season..
    I'd be willing to bet the line is within a point or two of KenPom's projected score.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Drexel is jumping off the page to me @ -4.5/5

Post more about the game tomorrow, if I make the play

VCU @ George Washington is the game I'm most excited to watch.

Uk/Arky should be low scoring.

2daBank

I'd be willing to bet the line is within a point or two of KenPom's projected score.
    Think he had it at 7 but have to double check later.. I didn't cap it much just saw line and hit it. Figured no way was it getting worse..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Drexel is jumping off the page to me @ -4.5/5

Post more about the game tomorrow, if I make the play

VCU @ George Washington is the game I'm most excited to watch.

Uk/Arky should be low scoring.
    cant wait for vcu/gw, think i like GW even tho vcu stomped them last season, dont think vcu is as good this yr, actually faded fsu few times with success after they beat vcu cause i felt they got too much credit for that win. dont get me wrong ive always liked shokka's teams but GW should own the glass and feel like vcu been getting fat off bad teams lately...

drexel looks good to me as well, dont love the -5 but think they def worth a look.. might play them 1st half..

2daBank

1st time thru the card thoughts..

nev+2.5..id like to get another point here as i wrote 3.5 next to them but boise really hasnt played good ball the several times ive watched them, burton for nev can play and they on a nice roll and spanked boise at home last season. do worry they will get boise A gm after a few losses but i really just dont believe boise as good as last year at this point and the wolfpack have improved..i would def consider under as well if it comes out as high or above kp number..

like i said above post gw and drexel are on my list.

of coarse already played wiscy, now looks like -4 isnt gonna be the best number which suprising to me but i still think -4 was short, if it wrong so be it on this one..

butler/crie over lean if total is low to mid 140s

temple/cincy i think dog or nothing side wise as id expect some effort from temple plus they dont really turn the ball over and that the only way cincy really generates good offense, or that typical cincy, havnt watched much of them so someone correct me if im wrong but in the past watching their half-court sets was painful, temple's defensive rating is shit but they have played a number of good offenses..def interested in the under at kp's 134 or higher..

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

loving boise state and george washington tomorrow

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GHSCREW View Post
    loving boise state and george washington tomorrow
    why boise? love other points of view but ya gotta give me something to go on

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Wisconsin down to -3.5 at Bookmaker.

Wow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

1st time thru the card thoughts..

nev+2.5..id like to get another point here as i wrote 3.5 next to them but boise really hasnt played good ball the several times ive watched them, burton for nev can play and they on a nice roll and spanked boise at home last season. do worry they will get boise A gm after a few losses but i really just dont believe boise as good as last year at this point and the wolfpack have improved..i would def consider under as well if it comes out as high or above kp number..

like i said above post gw and drexel are on my list.

of coarse already played wiscy, now looks like -4 isnt gonna be the best number which suprising to me but i still think -4 was short, if it wrong so be it on this one..

butler/crie over lean if total is low to mid 140s

temple/cincy i think dog or nothing side wise as id expect some effort from temple plus they dont really turn the ball over and that the only way cincy really generates good offense, or that typical cincy, havnt watched much of them so someone correct me if im wrong but in the past watching their half-court sets was painful, temple's defensive rating is shit but they have played a number of good offenses..def interested in the under at kp's 134 or higher..
    Like your Nevada play.

2daBank

Wisconsin down to -3.5 at Bookmaker.

Wow.
    yea i woulda never guessed that but then again i think sparty opened at -2.5 i think where i bet them then they closed closer to where this opened, so i guess makes sense ppl saw value with the open higher than sparty, thing is they seriously fukked sparty line up and feel like they making same mistake here.. like i said, im happy with -4 and if it loses so be it indy has to show me vs this team..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

yea i woulda never guessed that but then again i think sparty opened at -2.5 i think where i bet them then they closed closer to where this opened, so i guess makes sense ppl saw value with the open higher than sparty, thing is they seriously fukked sparty line up and feel like they making same mistake here.. like i said, im happy with -4 and if it loses so be it indy has to show me vs this team..
    I've watched IU play quite a bit this season. I know Assembly Hall is Assembly Hall, but the Hoosiers are an NIT-level team. Stranger things have happened and I'm still not sold on Wisky completely because they're so perimeter-dominated, but I just can't see them losing this one.

2daBank

I've watched IU play quite a bit this season. I know Assembly Hall is Assembly Hall, but the Hoosiers are an NIT-level team. Stranger things have happened and I'm still not sold on Wisky completely because they're so perimeter-dominated, but I just can't see them losing this one.
    agree. i jumped on sparty in this sanr gm right out the bat as well, i even played indy at psu after line dropped cause im not a psu believer but they not good and those pretty defensive numbers came from playing the absolute bottom feeders..i just think this young ass team not ready for a bo ryan team firing on all cylinders ..last time im saying it but if it loses i dont care id play this every time, the maybe the fact indy 3 point d looks so good, or the luster of their gym, or hell if i know making someone see value in them, and yea of coarse wiscy at some point this season will prob have a ugly road loss, just dont think this it..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

What's your take on Kentucky-Arkansas?

2daBank

im gonna look at that now,, was trying to get me a little degen tennis action while i finished card where Shari at NC? is she still around? always liked reading her tennis thread this time of year, i know she was a mod but didnt see any post or anything..

2daBank

What's your take on Kentucky-Arkansas?
    my initial reaction is i could understand why ppl would play arky but i think the only way id even consider betting is if line flipped id prob play uk at plus anything. only cause uk should slaughter them on the boards, that said arky prob too good a team to start the season 0-3 in conf, while the teams that have beat uk were teams that could bang with them they are young and not sure they have faced a team that will pressure like the razorbacks. it really a tough gm as i can see the arguments for both sides.. maybe after i sleep on it and a total comes out ill have a stronger opinion one way or the other...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

my initial reaction is i could understand why ppl would play arky but i think the only way id even consider betting is if line flipped id prob play uk at plus anything. only cause uk should slaughter them on the boards, that said arky prob too good a team to start the season 0-3 in conf, while the teams that have beat uk were teams that could bang with them they are young and not sure they have faced a team that will pressure like the razorbacks. it really a tough gm as i can see the arguments for both sides.. maybe after i sleep on it and a total comes out ill have a stronger opinion one way or the other...
    Arkansas had an amazing choke job Saturday vs. Florida. They were in total control of that game until the last 4-5 minutes. Think they scored 1 total point down the stretch. Just brutal.

2daBank

Arkansas had an amazing choke job Saturday vs. Florida. They were in total control of that game until the last 4-5 minutes. Think they scored 1 total point down the stretch. Just brutal.
    yea, i knew they lost but didnt really read that till looking at this gm.. that gm was a straight pass for me as well.. where you lean in this 1? seems way tougher than the 1s i have marked. im sure there be a few totals i like far more than any side in that gm..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

im gonna look at that now,, was trying to get me a little degen tennis action while i finished card where Shari at NC? is she still around? always liked reading her tennis thread this time of year, i know she was a mod but didnt see any post or anything..
    I think Shari just came back, yeah....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

yea, i knew they lost but didnt really read that till looking at this gm.. that gm was a straight pass for me as well.. where you lean in this 1? seems way tougher than the 1s i have marked. im sure there be a few totals i like far more than any side in that gm..
    Have no idea to be honest. Randle's a monster, but that's a tough environment for a bunch of young kids to play their best ball in.

2daBank

I think Shari just came back, yeah....
    Sweet.. i turned "pro" to impress her

luckily they lowered the price so i could afford it

Hi shari if you read this thread, of coarse i dont think mods read threads any more
    Last edited by 2daBank; 01-14-14 at 01:14 AM.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

STRAIGHT BET Jan 14 CBB [516] INDIANA +4-102 (B+½) 510.00 / 500.00
    STRAIGHT BET Jan 14 CBB [521] OKLAHOMA +5-110 550.00 / 500.00
    STRAIGHT BET Jan 14 CBB [530] ARKANSAS +1-110 550.00 / 500.00

Wisky has been obviously playing great ball and shooting lights out to go along with their really tough D. I expect them not to shoot over 50% like they have been lately. More importantly this is a huge game for a young IU team. Last game Indiana beat PSU and was down 15 in the 1st half on the road and they really impressed me considering they are a young team. They played tough and got the come back win and I expect them to build on that win. It won't be easy but I like the points and it seems vegas agree's as the line seems very low considering wisky is undefeated. What worries me is they haven't beat wisky in like 8 years I believe lol. I see this game coming down to the wire (hopefully late fouls don't help for a wisky cover)

Good luck with what you guys decide to play

2daBank

thing is indy beating a shit psu team didnt impress me. i actually played them when it got down to -1 cause i dont think much of psu, vegas agreed with psu backers on that one.. sure home crowd will help but playing a bo ryan team a tough task for a group this young imo.. i dunno, i dont try to read much into "sharp/square" for most part i play numbers that i like, sometimes i bail cause it feels wrong but i just dont get that feeling on this one.. god knows im wrong plenty tho..

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

its def going to take a big game from Indiana inside where I think they have the main advantage. Vonleh is a beast and wisky won't have an answer. Just hope the young kid can come through in a big game. Should be a fun game to watch.

That said if wisky is shooting great from 3 It could be a long night

2daBank

i dont really think they will be ripping it from down town, i think they will make some in spurts when they have too. think you maybe underestimating wiscy ability to pack in their d, make indy have to move it around cause they turn it over quite a bit and force some guys who arnt great shooters to knock down shots.. i trust wiscy d far more than the hoosiers, indy gonna have to play a really clean gm cause if they give wiscy extra possesions they wont have to shoot a real high clip.. under might be worth a look depending where they set it, should be kinda high considering how much wiscy been scoring of late..

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

I would stay away from UK tomorrow. Although, they are starting to play much better lately and progressing nicely imo. I just don't think they're a strong bet on the road in Arkansas. Calipari is 0-2 at Ark since he's been at UK.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chalk46 View Post
    I would stay away from UK tomorrow. Although, they are starting to play much better lately and progressing nicely imo. I just don't think they're a strong bet on the road in Arkansas. Calipari is 0-2 at Ark since he's been at UK.
    i honesty dont like either side of that gm, was just trying to answer his question.. to me it one of the hardest games on the board, as i said i understand why ppl would play arky but i can make a decent case for uk as well..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    its def going to take a big game from Indiana inside where I think they have the main advantage. Vonleh is a beast and wisky won't have an answer. Just hope the young kid can come through in a big game. Should be a fun game to watch.

i dont really think they will be ripping it from down town, i think they will make some in spurts when they have too. think you maybe underestimating wiscy ability to pack in their d, make indy have to move it around cause they turn it over quite a bit and force some guys who arnt great shooters to knock down shots.. i trust wiscy d far more than the hoosiers, indy gonna have to play a really clean gm cause if they give wiscy extra possesions they wont have to shoot a real high clip.. under might be worth a look depending where they set it, should be kinda high considering how much wiscy been scoring of late..
    either way brother i appreciate you coming with intelligent conversation for backing your side, that really all my goal is in these threads, sadly most the time dont get a lot of that.. at least one of us will win!

2daBank

card so far..

wiscy-4
    GW+2.5
    drexel-4.5 (only did half unit here cause think gonna split between gm and 1st half)
    nev+2.5 (again only half unit but more because not sure what the line gonna do, will prob split a unit total with the ml)

wont be around when totals open which sux but unfortunately gotta pay the bills,, outta be off work by 2/3 oclock, will check my phone when totals open but not sure ill be able to post till later.. hopefully ill come back to a lot more discussion about these or any other games on the card..thanx mr ice for your point of view on the wiscy/indy gm, hopefully we get some more ppl willing to come in with solid opinions!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You have a team that turns the ball over almost an inordinate amount of times (IU) vs. a team that hardly ever turns the ball over. IU's going to have to shoot very, very well to win this one or even cover.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post

If the Badgers have a weakness, it's in the post. They really don't have anything underneath.

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

why boise? love other points of view but ya gotta give me something to go on
    sorry for being late. just woke up. nothing wrong with point/counterpoints ha.

When I looked at the game I immediately was hooked on Boise St. I feel though that the majority of people are going to see their loss to Wyoming (Boise State's) and jump on the Nevada bandwagon after their two point win against the Cowboys. Boise State has played many games where it comes down to the last 1-2 possessions as of late, and by hedging a 2.5 point cushion at Nevada, where there is absolutely no home court advantage whatsoever, I think i'm getting more bang for my buck on the Broncos. Good luck either way you go tonight.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GHSCREW View Post
    sorry for being late. just woke up. nothing wrong with point/counterpoints ha.

When I looked at the game I immediately was hooked on Boise St. I feel though that the majority of people are going to see their loss to Wyoming (Boise State's) and jump on the Nevada bandwagon after their two point win against the Cowboys. Boise State has played many games where it comes down to the last 1-2 possessions as of late, and by hedging a 2.5 point cushion at Nevada, where there is absolutely no home court advantage whatsoever, I think i'm getting more bang for my buck on the Broncos. Good luck either way you go tonight.
    No idea what ppl will think or do. Personally for me doesn't have anything to do with the wyo gm, had wyo w the points cause Boise being a little overrated has been a ongoing theme w me as of late.. If anything I like nev less cause of the losses Boise coming off of. I think it pretty much a coinflip so + points and ml where I wanna be..

12 Last