juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU
    juanitodelfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

Big Ten Season Long Thread

These first posts I pulled from single posts I made starting 12/31/13. Trying to make it a little easier on myself to keep track.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ORIGINAL POST DATE 12/31/13

12/31/13
    I can tell you that NYE will be a great day, opening the best conference in college basketball.

1:00 PM OSU heading into West Lafayette to take on Purdue.

3:00 PM The Cream and Crimson of Indiana rolling cross the state to power through Illinois.

5:00 PM the Spartans will head to PA to hand Penn State a home loss.

7:00 PM I will be personally supervising from behind the Nebraska bench as Iowa kicks these huskers to the curb...no offense to my friends from the plains.

Write ups coming as well a my picks. KNOW ALL YE WHO READ, my picks are current season/team mathematically based, non-historical EXCEPT home/away court difficulty.

Looking forward to a fun and profitable run. I like to back my picks here with betpoints if anyone wants the other side as it makes the season more fun for us all.

1:00 PM OSU -7 @ Purdue. - Thad Matta is 2-2 in season openers in the Big Ten and 4-3 at Mackey Arena. Purdue's tendancy to run with a small lineup, not utilize the 3 and being an all around inferior team lead me to take OSU -7 and also OSU -4.5 in the first half. Remember the students are not back in town yet and the home court in W. Lafayette is not as strong as others in the conference. I see this coming in for Buckeye fans 74-63. 2x on both plays as well as 1x on the over 134. (total action 5x)

3:00 PM Indiana @ Illinois - 3.5. I'll start with the score, IU 65 IL 71. IU has not figured out a consistent way to win. Evident by the Notre Dame loss and up and down play. We all know my eyes are rose colored when speaking of my Hoosiers. Even though we will out rebound the shit over the Illinis, the math says IU can't get it done. So, if you're smart, take Illinois, buy 1/2 point for comfort and settle in. Now, for my IU fans out there. We are fairly matched up, power ranking does not have Illinois over IU and our main achilles (hot defensive rebounding teams) will not come into play tonight. I am also hearing rumblings about a starting lineup change to limit turnovers and IL has covered the last 4 of 5 and IU has covered 1 of the last 5, THEY ARE DUE PEOPLE. At this early stage, i am filtering out some of the chumps teams both have played and I think there also may be small under play here tonight. So to wrap it up, smart play is teaser IL/Under 1x. Dumb ass IU fan play is IU ML for 1x, under 1x if it reaches 135, IU +4 2x. (total action 1x or 4x)

5:00 PM MS -5.5/6 at Penn State. I have MS winning 78-69. From what I can tell, the boys from East Lansing are all healthy and Penn State relies to much on Johnson and Newbill. Coach Izzo will have one of the two covered up tonight like a nuns tittys. Coaching differntial is huge in this matchup, Pat Chambers has not been around long enough to get a feel for a Tom Izzo team, and Izzo being one the most imposing coaches in the Big Ten and College Hoops overall, he will get hit with jedi mind tricks all night. MS - 5.5/ 3x, under 1x. (total action 4x)

7:00 PM Huskers @ Hawks -15. Nebraska is going to get torched tonight. Had dinner last night with a group and Coach Fran here in Iowa, they are calm, rested and relaxed. Iowa basketball wants to put on a show before their football team plays in the Capital One Bowl against LSU. Iowa's balanced attack vs. Nebraska's one scoring player offense (Shavon Shields will get throttled again) does not stand a chance. A little blurb from the paper tells the tail: "The Cornhuskers are 1-15 against ranked conference opponents since joining the Big Ten and 0-8 on the road. They've lost 18 straight road games to ranked foes since a 65-59 victory over No. 22 Texas A&M on Feb. 23, 2008" If I am up going into this game, I will be putting 75% of winnings on Iowa -15, If I am down, i will double down to recoup on this game. Its the back stop of backstops, its Monday night football in New Years Eve Basketball. (total action up to 10x)

AS USUAL, I WILL TAKE BETPOINTS ACTION, 10 PER SBR MEMBER, UP TO 100 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE OTHER SIDES OF MY WAGERS.

Lets have some fun and make some money. Also, If you know something i don't drop it here in the thread, you might change my mind.

Up 5x

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ORIGINAL POST DATE 1/4/14

Woke up late so no OSU write up. Keeping it short.

MS is good, but suspect on the road early in the season. Taking IU +3.5 at home 2x, under 147.5 1x

IL is good to go at home -8.5 for 2x, over 136 1x.

I will wager my betpoints, groups of 10 up to 100.

broke even

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ORIGINAL POST DATE 1/7/14

1/7/14
    I love MSU and thought they are starting hit their stride. OSU on the other hand has had an easy walk thus far. I feel this game is a 4 pt game, going to MSU, so I am taking OSU +5.5 and the over 134 and tying them together to make me a winner. Been cooped up to long, need to get out
    yes, did a teaser, OSU +9, Over 130. MSU has been a little too inconsistent. they lost to NC at home, when I and the #s thought they would kill. then they smashed my Hoosiers at home. OSU has not played the same caliber of teams MSU has at this point, but they are still a top 10, top 20 team in their (OSU) own right. Love the teaser on this. I also played them alone OSU +5.5, over 134.
    3x this day, up 8 x on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ORIGINAL POST DATE 1/8/14

1/8/24
    I am taking MN plus the points and leaving the O/U alone on this one.

Have to make a winner in Madison, teaser taking UW -6, O 21.5.

It worked in East Lansing last night, so here I go.

sorry got sidetracked, I am taking minney plus 1, and then I teased UW and Over, ended up UW -6 over 121.5,
    2X this day, up 10x on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ORIGINAL POST DATE 1/9/14

So Fran got the boot on Sunday against the Badgers. Lost his mind momentarily and his boys are going to reward that behavior with a 23 point win tonight. Hawks 88 NW 65.

I am taking Iowa -17 1x, I am also on the over 135 1x and then I am doing a teaser taking Hawks/Over 2x.

4x this day, up 14 x on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Okay, on to today. IU is heading to Penn State. After the ass kicking my boys received at home they have had a week to think about it and work on it. Kids are rolling back to school as classes start up Monday, so they will be a factor.

On paper I have it IU 75, Penn State 69. So with that I am taking IU -2 for 5x. 2x from my head 3x from my heart.

Second game, MSU hosting the Golden Gophers on Minnesota. MSU finally is starting to play to their potential, but Minney is looking tough. 11 points is a lot. So here I have MSU 78/ MN 70.

Taking MN +11 for 1x, then teasing MSU-7/O135 or 2x.

I will take bet points action on the other side, 10x per SBR member up to 100 today. Just post your play before Tip.

If you have a strong feel/knowledge about one of these, let me and the rest of us know.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

6 x today, up 20x on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Late Game Today IL heading into Northwestern +5.5, 125. I am running with the 4.5 point teaser, its really working so far this year.

So,IL -1/ Over 121.5 for 3x.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

what are your thoughts on illinois/nwestern?

will indiana be favored this week at home vs wiscy?

those are the kind of plays that have destroyed me....

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Well, you can see I sooooooo off on Illinois. Holy crap was that a dumpster fire. I will be working in IU v/s UW tonight and get it out early. I can't see I IU being favored. I would imagine it will come out around 5 or 6.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Well, Illinois taught me a lesson. -3x on the day, +17 for the season.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Tonight, UW is heading into Bloomington to take on my beloved Hoosiers +4, O/U 139. I hate to say it, but 4 just will not be enough. As I am jaded when IU is playing, I am going to play over for 2x and because I am a junky IU+4 for 1x. The way UW is scoring and letting others score,I like the over here. UW 75 IU 69.

Game 2, Penn State +11.5 at Big Blue. Penn State lines up like Minney to me, but back at home with the Student Section, I have to problem going with UM minus the points for 2x. UM 79 PS 65.

I will take any IU haters for bet points. 10/ SBR member up to 100. I get IU and the points.
    Last edited by juanitodelfuego; 01-14-14 at 03:20 PM.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

penn st got played hard today

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Just walked out if assembly hall, that was great. Up 3x. Going to nicks to watch the end of the michigan game

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

UM hands it to Penn State. Nittany Lions are off to a rough start. All right, so up 5x for yesterday, brings us to +22X for the season.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Tonight MSU is heading to Chicago to take on Northwestern +11. I have to see how is actually going to be playing.

Branden Dawson "?" Wednesday vs. Northwestern ( Virus )
    Adreian Payne doubtful Wednesday vs. Northwestern ( Foot )
    Dave Sobolewski is downgraded to doubtful Wednesday vs. Michigan State ( Concussion )

After NW beat the Illnois, I am having a little trouble. I will check on Sobolewski and see what I think.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

First up MSU @ NW +12 / 130. Got to go with NW, so per usual 4 pt teaser 2x NW +16 / Over 126. With the injuries and the way they played earlier this week, can't go with MSU. I have this MSU 71 NW 62.

Next PU heading to Champaign take on the Fighting Illinis. After I loss, I am counting on the bounce back, taking IL-6 for 1x and over 136.5 2x. I have it PU 64 IL 75.
    Last edited by juanitodelfuego; 01-15-14 at 05:39 PM.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

-5x, yesterday. What did I learn, NW is hard to cap an so is Illinois, must be the water over there. +17x on the season.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Tonight we have the currently battered and bruised OSU Buckeyes heading to cold land in Minnesota to play some hoops. Minney is getting 3.5, 132.5. I see this as a 2pt win for Minnesota, but do not want to count on OSU playing slow. I am going with my 4pt teaser, MN+7.5 Over 128.5 for 3x tonight.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

-3 last time out, +14X on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Back on the horse. Today is a great day for Big Ten hoops, here is the rundown. I feel a bounce coming back for UW, I see Purdue continuing to play well, I also see MSU reserving Payne unless needed (per coach Izzo) so they will play him if needed.

IU +13 3X
    UW -7.5 2X
    PU -7 3X, under 149 2x
    MSU -4.5 2x

and since it is all favorites, the inverse 5 pt teaser

NW+18, UM +12.5, PSU +11.5, IL +9.5 for 2X. PSU is the weak link, but this has been a good hedge in the past.

I will take betpoint action if you want to.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

-6 on the day takes me to +8 on the season, kind if getting my ass kicked this week.

Since its early, I am going to rant to myself. WTF Indiana? Did we stay out late and eat a big cheeseburger or 10 half hour before game time.

Bo Ryan, nice motivational before the tip. Losing at home after a road loss, I am going to have to look that shit up as to when the last time that happened. Allright, back on the horse.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Todays game prior to football has my "second home" team, Iowa brining in Minnesota. Both teams off of 10 pt wins against OSU. Minney was at home and the Hawks on the road. The Gophers are 9pt underdogs, and Iowa is a 13pt leader in the power rankings. I am rolling with the Hawks -9 4x.

Since Hawkeye Coach Fran pulled his technical foul up in Madison on the 5th, his team is playing with fire. However, you saw Little Rickie pull the same move 6 days later at MSU. Copy Cat. No points for Rickie Come Lately, Hawks win by 13, 79- 66.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

4x on the crush by Iowa, back to plus 12 on the season.

OSU will bounce back tonight against the hapless huskers. I have it coming in OSU 82 Neb 69. 2x on OSU -8.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Plus 10 on the season

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

MSU -12.5 vs. IU? Is this a joke? MSU will pound the Hoosiers tonight. I hate to say it, but MSU by 20. I can't believe I am seeing this little chalk on this game. 4x MSU -12 (buying 1/2 pt)

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

-4 last night, plus 6 on the season time to shine

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Iowa Hawkeyes heading to Ann Arbor for a Big Blue Review. Short and sweet, I do not trust myself right now. I have this as a pic 'em, so Hawks getting 3, but this has been tough this week. Going back to the teaser, Iowa +7.5 Over 143 3x. This will be a shoot out, just do not want to see UM get crazy hot tonight like they have been threatening to do. These two teams last 4 games ( 8 games total ) have gone over 7 of 8. But we have also seen low scoring Big Ten Action from the rest of them this week.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Now I am laying down with Gophers for the next game, Love the over 135. UW has gone over every game in conference play, and I do not see them slowing down after two losses. MN +7 over 131 teaser 3x.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

even last night, still plus 6

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

IL +11.5 at OSU 125.5 - Well this should be quite a shit show. OSU can't bounce back against Nebraska, Illinois gets pounded twice at home. The only thing I like about this game is the over, and that is not lock with these two, but alas. bot to take Over 125.5 for 2x and going to do the 4.5 teaser for OSU -7, over 121 1 x,

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

NB +4.5 at Penn State, 141.5. Does anyone even care? The play is to do nothing, but as I force myself to bet on as many as I can (and I can here) I am taking NB +4.5 1x, and 4.5 pt teaser, Neb +9 Under 146 1x.

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ended up -1x last time out, bringing me to a humble +5 on the season. Got to break this slump

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Okay, enough is enough. I have seen way to many teams fall flat, and others rise above, this shit is unbelievable sometimes. I am going pure math play, no streak, no bounce back bullshit, no top scorer ate his favorite food so he is going to kill it ideology.

Iowa 73 NW 63. Spread is at 9.5 no total yet,but I bet it comes out at 132. Let me think on this for a while

1234 Last