juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU
    juanitodelfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

Big Ten Conference Opener - New Years Eve Games

I can tell you that NYE will be a great day, opening the best conference in college basketball.

1:00 PM OSU heading into West Lafayette to take on Purdue.

3:00 PM The Cream and Crimson of Indiana rolling cross the state to power through Illinois.

5:00 PM the Spartans will head to PA to hand Penn State a home loss.

7:00 PM I will be personally supervising from behind the Nebraska bench as Iowa kicks these huskers to the curb...no offense to my friends from the plains.

Write ups coming as well a my picks. KNOW ALL YE WHO READ, my picks are current season/team mathematically based, non-historical EXCEPT home/away court difficulty.

Looking forward to a fun and profitable run. I like to back my picks here with betpoints if anyone wants the other side as it makes the season more fun for us all.

Zeb
    Zeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

looking forward to it as well, BOL to you Juanito

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

1:00 PM OSU -7 @ Purdue. - Thad Matta is 2-2 in season openers in the Big Ten and 4-3 at Mackey Arena. Purdue's tendancy to run with a small lineup, not utilize the 3 and being an all around inferior team lead me to take OSU -7 and also OSU -4.5 in the first half. Remember the students are not back in town yet and the home court in W. Lafayette is not as strong as others in the conference. I see this coming in for Buckeye fans 74-63. 2x on both plays as well as 1x on the over 134. (total action 5x)

3:00 PM Indiana @ Illinois - 3.5. I'll start with the score, IU 65 IL 71. IU has not figured out a consistent way to win. Evident by the Notre Dame loss and up and down play. We all know my eyes are rose colored when speaking of my Hoosiers. Even though we will out rebound the shit over the Illinis, the math says IU can't get it done. So, if you're smart, take Illinois, buy 1/2 point for comfort and settle in. Now, for my IU fans out there. We are fairly matched up, power ranking does not have Illinois over IU and our main achilles (hot defensive rebounding teams) will not come into play tonight. I am also hearing rumblings about a starting lineup change to limit turnovers and IL has covered the last 4 of 5 and IU has covered 1 of the last 5, THEY ARE DUE PEOPLE. At this early stage, i am filtering out some of the chumps teams both have played and I think there also may be small under play here tonight. So to wrap it up, smart play is teaser IL/Under 1x. Dumb ass IU fan play is IU ML for 1x, under 1x if it reaches 135, IU +4 2x. (total action 1x or 4x)

5:00 PM MS -5.5/6 at Penn State. I have MS winning 78-69. From what I can tell, the boys from East Lansing are all healthy and Penn State relies to much on Johnson and Newbill. Coach Izzo will have one of the two covered up tonight like a nuns tittys. Coaching differntial is huge in this matchup, Pat Chambers has not been around long enough to get a feel for a Tom Izzo team, and Izzo being one the most imposing coaches in the Big Ten and College Hoops overall, he will get hit with jedi mind tricks all night. MS - 5.5/ 3x, under 1x. (total action 4x)

7:00 PM Huskers @ Hawks -15. Nebraska is going to get torched tonight. Had dinner last night with a group and Coach Fran here in Iowa, they are calm, rested and relaxed. Iowa basketball wants to put on a show before their football team plays in the Capital One Bowl against LSU. Iowa's balanced attack vs. Nebraska's one scoring player offense (Shavon Shields will get throttled again) does not stand a chance. A little blurb from the paper tells the tail: "The Cornhuskers are 1-15 against ranked conference opponents since joining the Big Ten and 0-8 on the road. They've lost 18 straight road games to ranked foes since a 65-59 victory over No. 22 Texas A&M on Feb. 23, 2008" If I am up going into this game, I will be putting 75% of winnings on Iowa -15, If I am down, i will double down to recoup on this game. Its the back stop of backstops, its Monday night football in New Years Eve Basketball. (total action up to 10x)

AS USUAL, I WILL TAKE BETPOINTS ACTION, 10 PER SBR MEMBER, UP TO 100 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE OTHER SIDES OF MY WAGERS.

Lets have some fun and make some money. Also, If you know something i don't drop it here in the thread, you might change my mind.

Indy5
    Indy5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Juan I know your getting on Butler and the points later!

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

Have not even looked at butler game. What's up with it?

juanitodelfuego
    Lets go IU

ended up 5x, now on to the bowls tomorrow.