Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only 5 first round upsets (by seed)

And three of those 5 were from the 8 vs. 9 games which barely even count. So basically two first round upsets...Wow

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Yeah, if you think about it, not much excitement. The early rounds are funnier to watch when we have upsets. 2 in 32 games, thats just not that great.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Even the 2 upsets weren't at all surprising. I don't even think you can call Winthrop beating ND an upset other than the fact it was a 6/11 matchup. VCU over Duke also wasn't a big surprise. No 12/5 upset thanks to Illinois giving the game to V. Tech.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Even the 2 upsets weren't at all surprising. I don't even think you can call Winthrop beating ND an upset other than the fact it was a 6/11 matchup. VCU over Duke also wasn't a big surprise. No 12/5 upset thanks to Illinois giving the game to V. Tech.
    I'd say those two upsets were fairly common picks in brackets. We really needed 1 upset (like Texas A&M-CC over Wisky which looked promising) to get this thing feeling right. It just feels like a weird tourney so far, with faves covering at an alarming rate, no real upsets, and few last second heroics. The Maynor kid from VCU was clutch, at least.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

It would be nice to see VCU make it on to the SW16. Im rooting for UNLV, VCU, and Texas. I like that kid Durant, so I hope they can make it far. I would also like to see Nevada do well.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm rooting for all three of those teams as well. And as much as it would kill my brackets, I wouldn't mind Florida going down tomorrow.