babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh My F'ing God

Kid from Miami (Ohio) just hits a half court shot at the buzzer to kill 3 different teasers, where TX was the only other component left to cash. Just kills me.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Sorry to hear that Baba....talk about bad beats

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

That has to be one of the worst beats all year. Sorry to hear that baba.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14565

Ouch.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

OOOHHH MAN that really sucks dude I am sorry to hear that... I saw the shot and wondered if that screwed any halftimes or totals and it didn't but I totally forgot about your teaser... Very bad beat I feel bad for you...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Baba, I'd feel sorry for you if I didn't feel worse for myself even thinking Oregon was ready to go several rounds into this tournament. No frickin' way that last heave should've even gone inside the spread on this one much less make it a 2-point game. Ducks dicked it up today, wish they woulda' lost straight up even though that would've cost me dearly in a couple of bracket galas. Honestly hope they all come down with a bad case of the sh¡ts for the next 24 hours and feel like they played today. Absolutely embarrassing performance.

babaoriley

Yeah, i had Oregon -4 in all 3 of them. When that kid from Oregon hit the 2nd FT to go up 5, I said, "No Half-Court Shot!" followed by a swish from midcourt. I then unleashed a string of "Oh, my f***ing God" statements and explained to my wife what just happened, then rewound the tivo to show her. Devastating. And again, the only cog that was left was TX -4

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Well i guess if Texas can't cover that -4 it will be moot....hopefully for some peace of mind for you, Texas wins by 2 or something

I know what you are feeling bro...

babaoriley

actually, I have TX in some other teasers too. And I have a couple units on them covering 7.5. So, I'm hoping for a UT blowout.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

In that case, hopefully TX takes care of business. Although a ton of sharp money is coming in on NMSU tonight.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    In that case, hopefully TX takes care of business. Although a ton of sharp money is coming in on NMSU tonight.
    so I noticed.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

get your money back with va comm +7.5 tomorrow

babaoriley

I'm on VCU +7.5 but thankfully I won my money back with the TX cover. I had TX covering 7.5 then I had the 2nd half parlay. However, had that halfcourt shot not hit, I would have won 3 separate teasers (2 of them were 3 teams, 1 was 4)

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I saw texas laid a beaten for you which was good

babaoriley

Again, I could post an entire thread about how poorly Rick Barnes mismanages this team. Hell, they didn;t have a guard on the "away" side of the floor when they were inbounding the ball against a full court press. How do you think that turned out for them? Yep, turnover, foul, made FT's then a Timeout. And again, how do you not run plays for Durant. He didn't attempt a FT or FG for 8 entire minutes of the 2nd half. That is inexcusable. The Horns let a 14 point lead shrink down to 1 before Durant made a FG (again, his first shot attempt in 8 minutes). They executed poorly on offense but played well defensively, save for a few lapses. Durant was amazing on both ends of the court. I don;t see how people continue to knock him for poor defense. He blocked a key shot, grabbed a clutch rebound (after the block) and took a clutch charge; all during a key stretch of the game that saw Texas take and expand a blown lead. Obviously you can't rely solely on one guy, but 4 FG attempts in the 2nd half??? Sure, he got to the line several times, but he just didn't get the looks. If they don't go 25-26 from the line, they probably lose the game.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Yeah, i had Oregon -4 in all 3 of them. When that kid from Oregon hit the 2nd FT to go up 5, I said, "No Half-Court Shot!" followed by a swish from midcourt. I then unleashed a string of "Oh, my f***ing God" statements and explained to my wife what just happened, then rewound the tivo to show her. Devastating. And again, the only cog that was left was TX -4
    BABA- I had Oregon for 6 units -7.5 yesterday and also had them in 2 different teasers that were FVCKED by Johnny HALF COURT as well! I have Oregon going pretty far in the tourney as well, to the Elite 8 in most of my brackets, but I WILL BE VERY SURPRISED IF THEY MAKE IT PAST TOMORROW'S GAME! They better fvckin step it up a whole lot or Winthrop will put the whoopin on them like they were doin to ND yesterday!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Nice job with the Texas pick Baba....

babaoriley

P2M-I hear ya on Oregon. If they play like that, they don't belong in this tourney. Needless to say, I'm not wagering on them tomorrow.

Thanks Buddy. I saw the line go to 7.5 and realized that the sharps were pouring it on NM St. And they were right. If Texas misses a couple FT's it's an entirely different game and NM St probably wins. Pulled out a lucky one, but on a day when I lost 3 teasers due to a meaningless halfcourt chunk, I'll take what I can get.