SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

USF looks completely outmatched and unprepared. I expected more out of USF but its the fact that Memphis is 4-9 from 3 point range when all season they are a 30% team is what really hurt us. When Memphis center Shaw Goodwin hit that 3 I knew we were in trouble. Today is one of those days that reminds you why unit management is key.

Moto33
    Moto33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Any plays today man?

SolidAsStone

YES Official NBA Play Toronto Raptors +5.5. I honestly love this play so I am going to do something I very rarely do and put 2 units on this play. You don't get too many games like this so you have to take advantage of them when you get them!

Raptors +5.5

SolidAsStone

Game starts in 20 minutes!

I am going to update my record for everyone at the end of night

SolidAsStone

I am officially making the Raptors +6 -118 another 1 unit play because this is too awesome of an opportunity. So I have 2 units on +5.5 -110 and 1 unit on +6 -118

Moto33

Trying to tail you but penetrating 5dimes is not loading

Moto33

whew...got it in. Followed you in on the 2 unit play too! BOL

SolidAsStone

Happy to hear that Moto. We have 6 more minutes for the Raptors to hold on! What a great game I am telling you Valunciancias or whatever is one of the most underrated players in the NBA!

SolidAsStone

Is Lowry hurt or something? Why isn't he in right now????!!!!

SolidAsStone

Raptors +5.5 WINNER and Raptor +6 WINNER for a total of 3 units!

Moto33

Very nice man! I may have lied a little...I ended up putting 5 units on it hahah thanks for the winner!

SolidAsStone

Overall Record
    NCAAB= 4-4
    NBA= 4-0
    NHL= 0-2
    NCCAF= 1-3

Purdue+6 Loss -1.1 units/ USF 1st Half +4 Loss -1.1 units/ Texas A&M -12.5 Loss -1.1 units
    Raptors +5.5 Winner +2 units/ Raptors +6 +1 units

Overall Record= 9-9 (+1.25 units)

SolidAsStone

Well Done Moto! I don't recommend you do that too often, but this kind of game is definitely one of the situations where adding an extra unit or two is a good idea. Happy to give you the winner. Guess watching the 6 Raptors game I have so far this season just paid off I knew they were an underrated team that the public just didn't know anything about!

Moto33

Ya definitely wont be doing that very often...I like having a big unit play every now and then cause I get bored with my small unit betting. You should think about having a bet of the day or bet of the week that is a couple unit bomb.

SolidAsStone

Moto yeah I think I could start doing that for you if you'd like. I won't force it to where I need a big pick every week, BUT I will let you know when I have very strong feelings about a game like last night and that way you can decide if you want to add more units to it.

Anyway as of now I have a strong lean for Hofstra +4.5 against Tulane today for 2PM so keep an eye out I will let you know if it is official before gametime!

Moto33

Hofstra vs Tulane is confusing me.. I'm already on Tulane -3.5 and I feel pretty good about that. But sportsguy and lucky1 are on different sides of the game and they are my go too college hoops cappers so that sucks haha BOL either way!

Moto33

I went big on Rhode Island game..feel fairly confident about it.

SolidAsStone

How come you like URI? I haven't handicapped that game at all just wondering what your thoughts are on it?

SolidAsStone

Official NCAAB Play

Hofstra +4.5 -110

Hofstra is in a great spot here. They are the older team and have a slightly more balanced offense. Tulane gets almost all of their scoring from 3 players who are a Frosh, Soph, and Jr. Also, Tulane seems to be the better team record wise, but when you look at the schedules they've played I have them both about even with maybe even Hofstra being the better team. Additionally, everyone is on Tulane which in and of itself isn't enough to make a play, but it always helps. I think Upshaw for Hofstra is going to have a good game today against the smaller defenders he will have on him and I think he will be the difference maker. Good luck to those who follow!

SolidAsStone

I also like that Tulanes best rebounder is a player named Drye who is a 6'6 216lbs. Jr. He might have been able to average 7.2 boards a game because of his lessor opponents this season, but Hofstra has a guy named Nwaukoni who is a 6'8 240lbs. Sr who averages 8.4 boards a game...granted also against lessor opponents. The edge goes to Hofstra here. Oh and also Tulane has a 6'0 Frosh who either plays the 1 or the 2 position and is very prone to turn the ball over exemplified by his 7 TO's against Kansas St. He averages 2.8TPG. Hofstra has a Senior point guard who also is TO-prone and he averages 4.1TPG. But a lot of them came right after he came back from not playing 3 games and also 5 came against #3 Louisville so I still like my chances with the Hofstra guard to play better today.

sportsguy4
    sportsguy4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 664

You have mail

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

You like Hofstra to cover or they win straight up?

SolidAsStone

Raven I like them to Cover. I would not be surprised if they win straight up because they have the age and experience to win a road game, BUT I always take the points.

SolidAsStone

And SportsGuy I am sorry, but I have heard of too many stories of people getting viruses through the mail system so I am afraid I won't be opening that piece of mail. If it was a analysis piece on the Hofstra/Tulane game please by all means post it in this thread I do not mind at all and actually prefer that people would check it and give their analysis!

sportsguy4
    sportsguy4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 664

Lol it's just a small message about the game. Either way I was saying in there I'll take a Tulane 4 point win where we both cover.

SolidAsStone

HAHA great point SportsGuy I love that. Here's to a Tulane 4 point win!

gotarollman
    gotarollman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

You like Hofstra +4.5? LOL. Your CBB record is 4-4, you must not watch a lot of College Basketball.
    Nice call on the Indiana/Toronto game last night though.

jbratten
    jbratten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Hofstra better start hitting these prayer threes they are throwing up if they don't want to get run out of the building

surfpunk17
    surfpunk17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both of these teams look absolutely horrible

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

solidasstone, do u have a twitter account ?

SolidAsStone

Quote Originally Posted by gotarollman View Post
    You like Hofstra +4.5? LOL. Your CBB record is 4-4, you must not watch a lot of College Basketball.
    Nice call on the Indiana/Toronto game last night though.
    Nice Call GottaRoll. And yes I am 4-4 in CBB because I do not make a lot plays like most people. I have been doing this long enough to know how to win and betting a bunch of games doesn't work for 99.9% of bettors. I watch a TON OF BASKETBALL that's why I do so well in it. BOL to you I am not sure what was so funny about Hofstra +4.5 considering it was a WINNER

SolidAsStone

GottaRoll thank you for the comment about the Raptors last night I had watched 6 games of theirs this year and I knew they were way underrated by the public (and this forum) who probably hadn't even watched a single game of the Raptors, but just "knew they suck" as someone said yesterday.

SolidAsStone

Hofstra +4.5 WINNER

Official Record
    NCAAB= 5-4
    NBA= 4-0
    NHL= 0-2
    NCAAF= 1-3

Overall 10-9 (+2.25 units)

jbratten
    jbratten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

I have watched almost all of the raptors games this year and the fact that you say they are under rated is a joke the are below .500 and just traded away there best player, they do have a young team that finds ways to stay in games but by no means are they under rated they are not good and beating the pacer will happen 1 out of 10 times... from a raptors fan

SolidAsStone

Quote Originally Posted by jbratten View Post
    I have watched almost all of the raptors games this year and the fact that you say they are under rated is a joke the are below .500 and just traded away there best player, they do have a young team that finds ways to stay in games but by no means are they under rated they are not good and beating the pacer will happen 1 out of 10 times... from a raptors fan
    Jbratten I think we have different opinios of underrated. Also, I think you might be letting the fact that you are a Raptors fan and they are losing affect your judgement upon them and making you think they are worse than they are.

The Raptors have Lowry who is a tough as nails PG who is starting to look like the 11th overall pick he was. (Sort of, but obviously not all the way.) But most people couldn't even name the Raptors PG so I consider him Underrated.
    Next, their Center Valuncinias or whatever is COMPLETELY UNDERRATED as he is strong and can score and get rebounds and HE HAS AN ENGINE he play hard which I love to see in big men.
    Derozen and Ross are 2 of the most athletic wings in the league and are actually taking advantage of their athleticism to get buckets.
    And last yes they got rid of Rudy Gay, but honestly I think he was overrated and I think the team now can play as a REAL team. Plus you gained depth which Is key for getting through minor injuries to your starters during the season which is bound to happen.
    So there it all is in a nutshell on why I think they are underrated. Some people said Toronto would lose by 10+ which shows most people think they suck. I know they definitely DO NOT suck. They also aren't a good team(though I think they can become good). I think we just had different definitions of underrated

First 12345 ... Last