LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

NCAA Baskets Wednesday: Blowout in Corvallis?

Oregon State -8.5 for me. Before getting into the specifics of this game, remember that this is a big revenge spot after Towson came to Corvallis last year and shocked the Beavers in overtime as 14-point underdogs. Fast forward to the here and now and Oregon State seems primed for that revenge with a team that leads the entire country in field goal percentage overall at 54.9 percent, a shooting percentage that shoots up to an incredible 57.8 percent since the second game of the season, as Devon Collier missed the opening night loss to Coppin State while serving a suspension. Beavers are 5-1 including 4-0 at home since his return, with the fifth win being a nice 90-83 win at Maryland. And Oregon State simply does not miss closer to the basket, hitting 61.1 percent of their two-point shots! Towson is 7-4, but they are 7-0 at home. Their first two road losses are obviously forgivable at Kansas and Villanova, but the other two losses were to Stephen A. Austin and Sam Houston State.

(Besides, do you really want to go against Obama's brother-in-law in a revenge spot? )

ave_3rd
    ave_3rd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I'm staying away from this game but I've been to most of the Towson home games and I was at the Oregon State/Maryland game as well and I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Towson covers here. I doubt they win straight up but I think the line may be a little on the high side due to Towsons two surprising losses you mentioned in that really random sketchy tournament in Texas. Without those losses which I honestly feel were pretty flukey, you'd would be viewing this a lot differently.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ave_3rd View Post
    I'm staying away from this game but I've been to most of the Towson home games and I was at the Oregon State/Maryland game as well and I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Towson covers here. I doubt they win straight up but I think the line may be a little on the high side due to Towsons two surprising losses you mentioned in that really random sketchy tournament in Texas. Without those losses which I honestly feel were pretty flukey, you'd would be viewing this a lot differently.
    How is Towson going to stop Oregon State offense though? Tigers do not apply much pressure, they are one of the worst teams in the country when it comes to forcing turnovers. My thinking is Beavers can get any shots they want, and they have the motivation to win big after last year.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

My biggest play of the day.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Hmm
    Sounds like an enticing spot here , I like the angle.

Will tail

ave_3rd

I think it's going to depend heavily on how Benimon matches up with Collier...Benimon CAA player of the year last year and probably this year but I saw Collier in person as well and he's a beast

LT Profits

I think it's going to depend heavily on how Benimon matches up with Collier...Benimon CAA player of the year last year and probably this year but I saw Collier in person as well and he's a beast
    And Collier isn't even OSU's leading scorer, they have another stat-filling beast in their guard Roberto Nelson that does a bit of everything (team leading 24.7 points, 4.9 assists, 1.6 steals and even 3.1 rebounds).

ave_3rd

True I remember the Maryland game Collier and Nelson combined for 60 points...if Frank Mason on Kansas wasn't an idiot and was academically eligible last season and stayed with Towson they'd be insanely good but they are currently lacking in point guard play for sure.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Towson cant keep up

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Also betting the 1st half line of 4.5

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Going against Collier and Nelson in college fantasy. Countered by picking up Angus Brandt, but I am ****** this week, I agree OSU rolls here

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22127

One thing concerns me here. The Offensive Rebounding of Towson can keep them in the game. 18th in the Country. Oreg St. average rebounding team.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

You a Baltimore resident bro?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

thats a bunch of points to be layin bruh

ave_3rd

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You a Baltimore resident bro?
    Yessirrr Towson alum

LT Profits

Had to sweat it out after Oregon State has 21-point lead with 10:00 left, but we'll take it.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Nice call LT..

edoggdriveby
    edoggdriveby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Thanks for the pick LT. Even with Nelson being ejected half way through the 1st they still squeaked out a cover