No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Iowa +3 at Iowa State on Friday night

Interesting game. Both teams ranked for the first time in a long time. Hawkeyes are very deep; their bench is one of the best I've seen in the country. Cyclones are talented and their newcomers are really playing well (Marshall transfer Kane, JUCO kid Hogue), but I think Iowa can and will win this game with their depth and experience.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the play as well. GL

JTH86
    JTH86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do have to disagree. I like Iowa, they're a good overall team. However, being to many Clones games there is one factor you forgot to mention. Hilton Coliseum! I am not a Clones fan because I follow the players, although that Coliseum gets real loud and hectic and it doesn't take much. I will be taking Iowa State with ease on this one I believe.

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Iowa and Iowa State match up so well right now.. its almost hard to say who has the edge, Iowa State is a better three point shooting team and shoots it at a higher clip.. if Iowa plays an up and down transition game with Iowa St this game could get ugly for them..

right now this game is a toss up for me but I'm leaning Iowa State with the home floor

cameronmilks13
    cameronmilks13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

I am from Iowa, and I follow both teams heavily. I like Iowa in this one. Iowa dropped a game to Villanova that they should have won. Which would have left them in a much favorable ranking. When they run, which they will, regardless of ISU's game plan- they will score a lot of buckets. I think the best bet in this game will be the over, but I have not seen the line. I think Iowa will put up 85 points at least.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Bol, bros!

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

wish ya on Iowa. Lets cash it

TunaFish51
    TunaFish51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8490

Iowa st so far has played better teams and won. I like Iowa st here . the line is at 3 hope it drops .

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish51 View Post
    Iowa st so far has played better teams and won. I like Iowa st here . the line is at 3 hope it drops .
    It will only go up. I see more people going with the home team. I like Iowa State, Hoiberg is an excellent coach and has that team firing on all cyclinders. Love the guard play that is hugh!!!!!!!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

+4 now. ML at +170. Might be a good time to jump on Iowa if you like them.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by cameronmilks13 View Post
    I am from Iowa, and I follow both teams heavily. I like Iowa in this one. Iowa dropped a game to Villanova that they should have won. Which would have left them in a much favorable ranking. When they run, which they will, regardless of ISU's game plan- they will score a lot of buckets. I think the best bet in this game will be the over, but I have not seen the line. I think Iowa will put up 85 points at least.
    i think they both prob score 85..wish i would have been paying attention earlier cause id love to have ov 162.5.. 167 is prob still good just hate not getting the best of the number..

Riprob
    Riprob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1321

yeah

cameron is right, iowa likes to run as much as isu, they push the ball a lot....iowa state has gelled earlier than they have in hoiberg's first few years which is scary (for me as an iowa fan)...isu players have already mentioned this is a revenge game for iowa's win in iowa city last year...this is usually a pretty scrappy game.

Here's my take...isu will win if they hit their 3s and rebound relatively well (which they have done despite being undersized, however iowa is a long team)
    iowa will win if they make 8 or more 3s or their taller players can cause a large rebounding disparity

Hilton can get a rockin', but iowa has played there several times over the years...i do still think it's an advantage, but maybe not quite is much in this rivalry matchup...

i'm not touching it as a bet, but i expect a close game

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i think they both prob score 85..wish i would have been paying attention earlier cause id love to have ov 162.5.. 167 is prob still good just hate not getting the best of the number..
    I had this somewhere like 175-180. Am I missing something? If I was sharper I gotta admit I would have leaped at 162.5.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Riprob View Post
    cameron is right, iowa likes to run as much as isu, they push the ball a lot....iowa state has gelled earlier than they have in hoiberg's first few years which is scary (for me as an iowa fan)...isu players have already mentioned this is a revenge game for iowa's win in iowa city last year...this is usually a pretty scrappy game.

Here's my take...isu will win if they hit their 3s and rebound relatively well (which they have done despite being undersized, however iowa is a long team)
    iowa will win if they make 8 or more 3s or their taller players can cause a large rebounding disparity

Hilton can get a rockin', but iowa has played there several times over the years...i do still think it's an advantage, but maybe not quite is much in this rivalry matchup...

i'm not touching it as a bet, but i expect a close game
    isu has some smaller guys that are beast on the glass..honestly im not sure iowa will be able to use their length to their full advantage cause isu will be getting mismatches and beating them off the bounce if they stay big..i agree it should be a good gm..i thought 3-4 points was prob right. few cats i respect made it higher, kenpom made it -2..all adds up to a pass for me.. again been nice to been on the ball today and got the over at open but now it 5 points higher so passing there as well..maybe ill see a team total i like

Allsportscapper
    Allsportscapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1305

Roy Devean Marble will need to have a HUGE game to keep Iowa in it, but I don’t think he’ll be enough. Give me Melvin Ejim and Georges Niang to have big games for the Cyclones

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Big 10 > Big 12, I'm going with Iowa

Spacecowboy
    Spacecowboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

The house will be rockin. ISU will cover the 4 in a good game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Be careful with the over. Both of these teams rank in the Top-10 in the nation in FG % defense.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Be careful with the over. Both of these teams rank in the Top-10 in the nation in FG % defense.
    A lot of times we think somewhat contrary so always appreciate your view. Watch for me but still have hard time getting off 175-180 total.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just don't go to OT. Can't believe the guy missed two straight FTs

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Hawks covered, but completely pissed away the ML. What a choke job.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    kinda pissed the 2nd half total didnt go over with isu but both tt's and gm over..still wtf was isu doing missing all those damn free throws? then iowa fukked off couple front ends.. after isu shot what 2-12 from 3 in the 1st and gm was still at 83 , i thought for sure i could get 2nd half over with isu too..