stratospro
    stratospro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Denver at Colorado St

I have been looking at this game all morning trying to figure out why the line is not higher. I had the line in teens.

Colorado St is coming into this home game as a must win before a 12 game break. They are 4-1 in their last 5 games averaging 83.4 ppg with 41 of those points at the half, shooting 45%. Denver's chance here is their Princeton style offense that Colorado St hasn't seen all year. This consent motion and back door passes will wear down the Colorado St defense if they are not on their toes all game. Denver is averaging double digit turn overs per game and I think that will play a role in tonight's game. Rebounds will be the other factor tonight. Colorado St has that covered with

Only injury is Colorado's guard Dwight Smith (out indefinitely with a thumb injury) but that shouldn't matter as he only played one game for 12 minutes and 2 points.

Denver - 65
    Colorado St - 81 is my call for this game. Play is Colorado St -8.5.

This is my first write up as a new member, mostly did it as a place to put my thoughts and make sense of it. I was originally posting all my picks but decided against that from being new and not proving myself. 59.38% is the current win percentage, not betting big dollar amounts at all but I think that proves more towards being truthful than some guys with spreadsheets full of $100 - $300 games.

Good luck tonight.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i love fading me some denver, and i think they off b2b ot games as well. that said i thought 8.5 felt a little steep.. col st offense kinda stinks, those numbers they have averaged are somewhat inflated playing a few cupcakes in that stretch, they only scored 62 vs Colorado and 66 vs bethune cookman who is terrible and much like den is a team that will grind the tempo to a halt...rams reallly get their points off volume and at the line their effective fg percentage of 44.7 ranks 313th! they may cover cause den is horrid but i think you are way overshooting your projected score here.. i put it around 64-56 and lean much more toward the under.. someone popped the over at 130 tho so maybe im low...just think this gm played in the 60's. not saying rams wont cover cause they could easily hold den in the 50s...ill more than likely have the rams in a ml parlay but spread to steep for me...gl

stratospro

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i love fading me some denver, and i think they off b2b ot games as well. that said i thought 8.5 felt a little steep.. col st offense kinda stinks, those numbers they have averaged are somewhat inflated playing a few cupcakes in that stretch, they only scored 62 vs Colorado and 66 vs bethune cookman who is terrible and much like den is a team that will grind the tempo to a halt...rams reallly get their points off volume and at the line their effective fg percentage of 44.7 ranks 313th! they may cover cause den is horrid but i think you are way overshooting your projected score here.. i put it around 64-56 and lean much more toward the under.. someone popped the over at 130 tho so maybe im low...just think this gm played in the 60's. not saying rams wont cover cause they could easily hold den in the 50s...ill more than likely have the rams in a ml parlay but spread to steep for me...gl

Very nice reply, that is what this place should be for. I guess the sub forums might be like this but the minute you post anything in players talk all you get is guys that want to compare sizes...

Interested in seeing who else you have in that ml parlay.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by stratospro View Post
    Very nice reply, that is what this place should be for. I guess the sub forums might be like this but the minute you post anything in players talk all you get is guys that want to compare sizes...

Interested in seeing who else you have in that ml parlay.
    sub-forums are no doubt the only place you have a shot at a intelligent conversation on this site..if you play nfl i have a thread that has alot of good guys just discussing gms every week, you more than welcome to stop by!

got a late start on the card so im working on seeing if i can find 2 other reasonably priced teams to add with the rams..

stratospro

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    sub-forums are no doubt the only place you have a shot at a intelligent conversation on this site..if you play nfl i have a thread that has alot of good guys just discussing gms every week, you more than welcome to stop by!

got a late start on the card so im working on seeing if i can find 2 other reasonably priced teams to add with the rams..

Sounds good. Let me know if possible, i'm interested!

Ill def swing by the nfl thread