rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Texas +5 tomorrow

Tough to bet against Kansas the way they have been playing, but I'm leaning toward the Horns tomorrow. They played Kansas very tough in Lawrence one week ago, and if not for Durant hurting his ankle, could've easily won that game. Kansas likely already has a 1 seed locked up regardless of the outcome. The 5 points seems a little high to me. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boy, I just don;t know. I think I'll be playing the 1st half side with TX, but Rick Barnes is worth about 5 points (that's 5 extra points for Kansas). As much as I love this Horns team, and while I consider them to be the more talented team, I'm a little wary of the "Barnes-factor". I elaborated on my "Baba's picks" thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barnes runs a play for every single Horn except Durant. I mean, the level of difficulty on his shots, for the most part, is about a 16 on a scale of 1-10. If we actually ran an offensive scheme (seriously, ANY scheme would be an improvement) then Durant would average 35 a night.

rjt721

Agreed that Barnes isn't a very good coach, but I think a lot of the responsibility of getting the ball to Durant is on Augustin. The kid's a great player and probably the best PG in the country other than Acie Law, but he's got to get the ball to Durant more, particularly at the end of the game.

babaoriley

That still falls on Barnes, in my opinion. In all fairness, Augustin should defer more, but Durant is rarely open and when he is, it's generally after offensive rebounds, on transition, etc. In a half-court setting, Abrams is the guy that really benefits from all the attention paid to Durant and Augustin. I just think we need to run more set plays for Durant. Run him off screens, post him up. Really, it's a 4th grade coaching move that Barnes still doesn't have a grasp on...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll watch this one with great interest, but leave the betting to you guys.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a little worried about what might be left in the Longhorns tank. They have played a couple of really grueling games in this tourney so far, and KU really has had a cupcake type road to the finals.

I'm thinking the under in the first half might be the best way to play this game.

babaoriley

I'll end up making a play or two on the game. I just don't like the line at all. I'll have to play TX or else not play at all. I'm thinking I'll bet TX 1st half side, and maybe the game total, but I have no lean on under or over. The line seems spot on. Actually, I just noticed that thegreek took the game down completely. The other 3 lines are still up, but TX-Kansas is off (as of 10:44PM CST).

rjt721

Texas now +6 at Pinnacle.

babaoriley

That's more like it. I wonder what it will cap out at.

rjt721

Hoping it keeps going up.

fofo
    fofo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will also be looking to take Texas at +6 or greater, Jayhawks have been blowing out many opponents during regular season but had trouble closing it, winning by very small margins in their last 4 games. I look for Texas' Durant to take over once again. Hopefully he is not affected too much by fatigue.

Texas +6

(1-3)

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by fofo View Post
    I will also be looking to take Texas at +6 or greater, Jayhawks have been blowing out many opponents during regular season but had trouble closing it, winning by very small margins in their last 4 games. I look for Texas' Durant to take over once again. Hopefully he is not affected too much by fatigue.

Texas +6

(1-3)
    He only attempted 2 shots in the last 12 minutes of the game today. He hardly broke a sweat. I imagine he'll be fine. Oh, and he's a freshman.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

wouldnt touch this game with a ten foot pole, best of luck to all