GoBruins
    GoBruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisville

Anyone on Louisville today? 5 game winning streak-last 5 games 5-0 ATS. They are 7-2 ATS on the road and 8-8 ATS at home. They cover more on the road than at home. West Virginia is 4-5 ATS on the road and 11-4 ATS at home. Lousiville dominated the glass both times they played this year. They split the series 1-1 with each team winning at home.... Thoughts and opinions???

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love this play actually. other than the upset win over UCLA, WVU has been mediocre and worse than that on the road. I'm going to play Louisville for 1* and then parlay the Under and Louisville for .3 units...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I would lean toward Louisville, but I won't be playing this one. The problem with this game is that WV is so streaky shooting the ball. If they are on fire from the perimeter, as they were last night against Providence, they are fully capable of beating Louisville.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually think WVU might be the play (and you would think a Big East dog would cover at some point), but I'm watching it with a L'ville fan, so I hope you guys win.

babaoriley

I honestly think Louisville is vastly overrated. That said, i think WVU's win over UCLA has made them even more overrated. They are a streaky shooting team. So what? Any decent team with a couple perimeter shooters can get hot and beat any good team on a given day. I just think that getting Louisville at -3.5 is good value. I see the line is now at 4. If it hits 4.5, I may place a small hedge on the WVU ML parlayed with the over.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I actually think WVU might be the play (and you would think a Big East dog would cover at some point), but I'm watching it with a L'ville fan, so I hope you guys win.
    depending on the line you got, Gtown winning by 5 was a half point miss on some sites...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I'm of the opinion that 9 out of 10 WVU games are crapshoots anyhow. You know they are going to get outrebounded, it's just a matter of how they shoot the rock.

Well, best of luck with the Cards guys.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that 9 out of 10 WVU games are crapshoots anyhow. You know they are going to get outrebounded, it's just a matter of how they shoot the rock.

Well, best of luck with the Cards guys.

Quite true.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes I'll be on Louisville, some on the 1H, maybe some on the FG, and maybe some on the 2H, depending. Of course, as already noted, West Virginia could shoot lights out and that will be it. This play is no lock, but I think there's good value here, and here's why:

Louisville has not done well at the Garden since joining the Big East. They've lost most of the times they've played there. But they were a younger and less experienced team last year, and they are well aware of their poor performances at the Garden, and Pitino wants to change things. Here are some quotes from him regarding this game:

"It's time for a change," said Louisville coach Rick Pitino, a New York native who called the fabled arena home as coach of the NBA's Knicks from 1987-89.

"We're now a legitimate Big East team, and we weren't last year. In just eight months we've changed that whole mindset."

You can be sure Pitino will have his team well prepared for this one, focusing probably on playing tight D to limit West Virginia's ability to shoot "lights out". Those efforts should be even more effective considering that West Virginia played yesterday against a different team. Louisville remembers its first-round loss last year, and this year they think they can win the whole thing. I think they're going to come out playing tight D and getting every rebound, and wouldn't be surprised if they were up by 12 or 15 at the half.

Of Course, West Virginia could shoot 70% and be up by 10 at the half themselves. But I think there's good value with Louisville here, and I'll be on them in various ways.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was looking at this under guys.

I know this game starts soon, but any opinions on the total?