SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Villanova -4½ vs DePaul

Villanova -4½ vs DePaul

Game Time: 3/7/2007 12:00:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Big East Tournament tips off at noon in New York with Villanova against DePaul. Play the Wildcats against the Blue Demons.

The Big East Tourney tips off today at noon with a first round matchup between the 21-9 Villanova Wildcats and the 18-12 DePaul Blue Demons.

These clubs met up once this year, and it was the Blue Demons who surprisingly handed the Wildcats a rare home loss. DePaul was the team this 'Nova club wanted in the first round, and their wish has been granted. I honestly foresee a good old-fashioned woodshed beating in the works here as this DePaul club has been a completely different club away from home this year.

They were tremendous at home compiling a 13-2 straight up mark, but went a woeful 4-8 on the road with weak wins over teams like South Florida, St. Johns, and Rutgers. They were destroyed by the upper tier Big East clubs on the road.

Villanova, on the other hand, did an admirable job on the road this year. They went 9-4 straight up with big wins vs. UConn, Providence, & Georgetown on their resume. If indeed this game is close in the second half, I feel better backing the Wildcats knowing they shoot close to 15 percentage points better than DePaul at the charity stripe.

It's not often you find a solid revenge angle in a tourney that's worth anything, but this spot goes against the norm. Lay the points as 'Nova avenges an embarrassing home loss from earlier this season.

Play: Villanova -4½

AoTiKo
    AoTiKo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't agree. I think Nova is overrated. I like Depaul in this one.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck AoTiKo, that's who I am on as well.

GoBruins
    GoBruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

i lik nova in this one... GL guys