calebepley93
    calebepley93's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky +125 seems like a gift

Granted, I'm a homer so proceed with caution. But I really like Kentucky here.

This "experienced" MSU team was barely top 10 in a bad college basketball season last year. They return essentially the same roster.

Kentucky is taller, wider, and more talented at basically every position. Their top 7 could all be lottery picks this season, and their number 8 man Marcus Lee was a 5-star recruit. Calipari's teams at UK, while always being young, have played well in early games. Hell, the NIT team last year almost beat Duke in one of its first games.

Give me Kentucky on the ML!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Every moron on the planet will be on Kentucky - no offense

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8154

Im a moron and im on kentucky!

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

You underestimate the importance of experience. The same post in which you slight a #3 NCAA seeded MSU team that made the final four, you give props to a Kentucky team that lost in the first round of the NIT. Having a team that consists of four and five star players doesn't always translate to the hardwood immediately. Last year was a perfect example. Not to mention that the SEC isn't exactly a great basketball conference.

I will be taking MSU in this one. I could see it going either way however. New year, new Kentucky team.

calebepley93

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    You underestimate the importance of experience. The same post in which you slight a #3 NCAA seeded MSU team that made the final four, you give props to a Kentucky team that lost in the first round of the NIT. Having a team that consists of four and five star players doesn't always translate to the hardwood immediately. Last year was a perfect example. Not to mention that the SEC isn't exactly a great basketball conference.

I will be taking MSU in this one. I could see it going either way however. New year, new Kentucky team.
    MSU got blown out in the Sweet 16. I'm not giving giving props to the Kentucky team last year, I'm using it as an example of a crappy Calipari team (who was also inexperienced) performing well in an early season game. This isn't just any team made of four and five star players, it's arguably the most talented team in college basketball history. Has any team ever had 7 lottery picks on its roster?

And how is the fact that they play in the SEC relevant? It didn't stop the 2011-2012 from winning the title or the team the year before that from going to the Final Four.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Every moron on the planet will be on Kentucky - no offense
    70% bets surprisingly backing the Spartans. But i would have
    thought the same thing.

Must be b/c Kentucky played poorly in their 1st game.

calebepley93

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    70% bets surprisingly backing the Spartans. But i would have
    thought the same thing.

Must be b/c Kentucky played poorly in their 1st game.
    They won by nearly the same amount in both games. They came out flat in the first half but their PG Aaron Harrison was playing his first game after missing the two exhibition games.

Anything can happen but that is true for literally every game. Lol. UK should be about -180 favorite IMO, and the spread should be about -3.5 UK.

calebepley93

I've watched every Kentucky game since the Tubby Smith era and I've never been this high on a UK team. Randle is as good of a player as Davis, and barring an injury, I believe he will the #1 pick next year.

This team is the real deal guys. It's gonna take a great game from MSU to win it.

KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I got Kentucky +145.

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Nice to find someone on Kentucky here. Seems like every year about this time Michigan state is rated higher than they deserve and they slowly fade to where they belong. Am I wrong? Anyway im taking the points here.

calebepley93

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    Nice to find someone on Kentucky here. Seems like every year about this time Michigan state is rated higher than they deserve and they slowly fade to where they belong. Am I wrong? Anyway im taking the points here.
    Another reason I've thought about. I honestly don't see an angle someone could take that would justify MSU as the favorite. Unless you think experience outweighs all of these factors, which the public apparently does.

athlete1208
    athlete1208's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

thoughts on the half over 69.5???

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

kentucky +165 at my book

stocker08

Quote Originally Posted by calebepley93 View Post
    MSU got blown out in the Sweet 16. I'm not giving giving props to the Kentucky team last year, I'm using it as an example of a crappy Calipari team (who was also inexperienced) performing well in an early season game. This isn't just any team made of four and five star players, it's arguably the most talented team in college basketball history. Has any team ever had 7 lottery picks on its roster?

And how is the fact that they play in the SEC relevant? It didn't stop the 2011-2012 from winning the title or the team the year before that from going to the Final Four.
    Why is 2011-2012 important?

MSU is whooping ass.

matt892
    matt892's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

This game is already over!

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8834

Did Landers take UK?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

how on earth is this shit team ranked #1? these guys don't even look like they've ever played together

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by calebepley93 View Post
    They won by nearly the same amount in both games. They came out flat in the first half but their PG Aaron Harrison was playing his first game after missing the two exhibition games.

Anything can happen but that is true for literally every game. Lol. UK should be about -180 favorite IMO, and the spread should be about -3.5 UK.
    lol

athlete1208
    athlete1208's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

hit the over solid!

stocker08

Looking like another NIT bound Kentucky team.

You mad bro

lmao kentucky hasnt shown up in any of their games yet

calebepley93

Meh. UK played about the worst game it could possibly play and still had a good shot at winning. Unless you could foresee Kentucky turning it over 20 times and missing almost 20 FT's, i still think they should've been favored.

but the game ended up exactly where the line was so what do I know. Lol I still wouldn't want to play this team in March.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    By MSU "slowly fading to where they belong" I assume you mean a generally consistent Final Four team.

I have no problem with MSU fading to that point.

Hail Sparty and fukk the Wildcats.